The Falkirk FC Thread

48 - 160 Appearances.

Fantastic attacking left back converted from unconvincing midfielder, Luke Leahy. 12 goals, normally absolute screamers. Currently at Bristol Rovers where he netted against Sunderland on Saturday. Smashing guy too. 2012-2017.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

47-46 - 162 Appearances

A pair of forwards, both of whom were very popular in their time. Ally McRoberts (1977-82, 39 goals) was just before my time, but he was part of the side that got us out the 3rd tier in 1980. Pah! Imagine a Falkirk side being so lowly!

The other had 3 spells with us, and always gave us 100%, even by his 3rd spell when the legs had gone. Recovered from a bad injury early on and gave a wee bit of class up front. Of course it's Pedro Moutinho. 04-08, 09-10, 2011. 24 goals.

44, 43 and 42 - 165 Appearances

In chronological order:

Wing half (what's that, wide midfielder?) Jimmy Fiddes who actually played for the club from 1940 but in the strict post WWII criteria here he scored 24 goals from '46 to '51.

Dynamic midfielder Peter Hetherston had two spells (1984-1987 and 1988-1991). Legendary madman manager Dave Bassett signed him twice. 16 goals.

Thrown into a struggling team for his debut at Pittodrie, he helped us to an unlikely victory. Who can forget his annus mirabilis in 2011/12, when he popped crosses onto Farid's napper as regular as clockwork. Kieran Duffie scored 7 times between 2009 and 2016.

32 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

45 - 164 Appearances

Midfielder Billy Stevenson. 11 goals from 1978-1984.

Billy Stevenson and Ally McRoberts were two of the better players we had at a pretty grim time.

Stevenson’s goal against the Fifers in 79 (or was it 78) was a thing of beauty and McRoberts got the goals against Montrose that got us out of the basement.

13 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Hank

What the hell is going on Melbourne?

Not reported much here but  it sounds as if it’s under Marshall law.

Pictures are horrendous!

All state borders have been closed for a while now so Victoria is almost like a different country.

You will know all about their 2nd wave and the lockdown they imposed , they also have a night time curfew. I don't agree with those measures, but they have got cases down from 700+ a day to about 40 the other day. Nearly all of their deaths have been in care homes which as you know once the virus takes hold it has tragic consequences.    

Vic Premier Dan Andrews has taken a hard line on this and by extension the police, I've seen from the national news here there have been a few isolated incidents of police heavy handedness in dealing with protesters & folk not following the rules - the most recent being that woman in her car. 

There was also an incident of a copper stamping on a man's head (yes really!) which had nothing to do with COVID , just outright horrendous police brutality & I expect he will get jailed for that.

No doubt the Daily Mail & similar in the UK will package it all up as Marshall Law Mayhem!!!! &  scare the living daylights out of everyone.   

All calm in Sunny Queensland, I'm quite happy the borders are closed.

19 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Hank

What the hell is going on Melbourne?

Not reported much here but  it sounds as if it’s under Marshall law.

Pictures are horrendous!

So, when the police are quelling anti-mask protesters in Melbourne the people are under martial law?

I bet you also think that when the police violently attacked peaceful BLM protesters in Lafayette Square in Washington D.C. so that Trump could have his photo-op in front of the church that the police were just doing their jobs and were simply maintaining law and order?

I hereby give you the opportunity to condemn police violence against peaceful BLM protesters, OK?

4 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

So, when the police are quelling anti-mask protesters in Melbourne the people are under martial law?

I bet you also think that when the police violently attacked peaceful BLM protesters in Lafayette Square in Washington D.C. so that Trump could have his photo-op in front of the church that the police were just doing their jobs and were simply maintaining law and order?

I hereby give you the opportunity to condemn police violence against peaceful BLM protesters, OK?

Actually agree with you.

Police violence has no place in any civilised society.

However, BLM is a very nasty organisation and needs to be watched carefully.

It supports anarchy and police defunding. No thanks.

Just watched the lowlights of Ross Co v Sellic with the "crowd" allowed in.

Christ it's like A Weekend at Bernie's  with 300 Bernies in masks.

All these dummies 4 seats apart motionless and not allowed to stand or shout. Absolutely awful.

You just know when fans are allowed in it will just be an extension of this in Scotland.

The trial game in England with fans at least allowed them to take their masks off once in their seats.    

I'm pretty sure you don't have these types of restrictions inside pubs & restaurants in Scotland so why are football matches treated this way? I really don't know what they learned from this test event.  It was safe , well of course it would be.