The Falkirk FC Thread

10 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Simply cannot believe some people are debating whether Kingsley would be a positive  signing!

The lad obviously has had injury problems but he would be a ridiculously good signing for a team in the third tier of Scottish football.

Quite remarkable that we are even in with a chance of signing him.

If you're referring to me then, for the avoidance of doubt, I think he would be a ridiculously positive signing, if fit. If not, there's not much point in signing someone who won't play, especially as he's likely to use a big part of the budget (assuming the deal wouldn't be externally funded). I do find it a bit weird though that, apart from Hearts, he hasn't been linked with anybody else, given his pedigree.

As I said, I'm more concerned about Dixon playing at CB, given the number of goals we've lost in pre-season. I've obviously not watched these games to any extent so it may be a case of bad luck/not his fault/taking time to gel, etc. I do, though, think that he's a better LB than CB.

15 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

If you're referring to me then, for the avoidance of doubt, I think he would be a ridiculously positive signing, if fit. If not, there's not much point in signing someone who won't play, especially as he's likely to use a big part of the budget (assuming the deal wouldn't be externally funded). I do find it a bit weird though that, apart from Hearts, he hasn't been linked with anybody else, given his pedigree.

As I said, I'm more concerned about Dixon playing at CB, given the number of goals we've lost in pre-season. I've obviously not watched these games to any extent so it may be a case of bad luck/not his fault/taking time to gel, etc. I do, though, think that he's a better LB than CB.

But he’s played every pre season friendly whilst half our squad is on the treatment table? If we hadn’t seen him pre season id understand your argument but we have - we’ve not obviously signed a dud who isn’t gonna play for 4 months 

(hypothetically speaking - we’ve not signed him yet!) 

Edited by bairn88

19 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

But he’s played every pre season friendly whilst half our squad is on the treatment table? If we hadn’t seen him pre season id understand your argument but we have - we’ve not obviously signed a dud who isn’t gonna play for 4 months 

Very impressed with this years Accounts package.

Much more information than previously and like the direction Gary is taking us.

Things looking up.

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

Can you tell us then how fit he looked in those games or if he was as good as he was before he left? I certainly can't. 

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

It may be the case of no more than  a bit of goodwill being shown by the club to Kingsley. Great player for Falkirk who left on good terms and best wishes and putting a sizable transfer fee into the clubs coffers to boot.  So no problem helping the guy trying to get back to a competitive level of fitness and game sharpness.

The reason he is not with a club at a higher level could well be there are doubts about that.

Falkirk and Kingsley could be beneficial to each other so its a win win for both with minimal outlay.

Falkirk get a class player and the team gets a lift from it.

Kingsley proves he can stand up to the rough and tumble of the league and get a move after 6 month / end of season or whatever.

Go for it

3 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Very impressed with this years Accounts package.

Much more information than previously and like the direction Gary is taking us.

Things looking up.

1 hour ago, falkirkzombie said:

They are without a doubt a lot better. Should be an interesting AGM.

Do you mean the presentation, format etc., or the numbers (which is the important bit!) ?

AGM - 22nd October - online.

Profit £269000

Cash at Bank £620000

Bounce Back Loan £50000- interest free, therefore sensible to take.

Lex received £13000 of rent income.

3.3 mn new shares to be allotted 

Seems to be about 2.4mn currently allotted.

Rawlins will take a 26% stake In the club at 0.40 pence per share. 
Supporters will be encouraged to take up shares