The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, some_guy said:

That's a relief!  I'm guessing he just heard there was a case so deep cleaning and put 2 and 2 together 

and came up with 5 entire shire squad is in isolation

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/east-stirlingshire-still-aiming-kick-season-next-week-despite-full-squad-being-isolation-2986584

I don't think any covid testing has been done yet. It was meant to start just before the players reported back for preseason but the rules changed. 

I believe the first test is tomorrow in preparation for the Killie game. 

I did notice the Foundation posted earlier that all their activities tonight are off. Given that FFC don't train on either Woodlands or the Community Pitch then it' seems unlikely they would close both venues for the night because of something to do with FFC players. Or Shire ones for that matter. 

As much as id love Kingsley to sign, the wages would be a bit outwith our remit unless they are getting funded by our Orlando chums, even then can he stay injury free? I just can't see it happening, and I hope M&M aren't putting all their eggs in the one basket here. I'd have thought Hearts would have been in for him as soon as Hickey signed for Bologna. Something doesn't quite add up, maybe Neilson thinks he's too much of a risk..  A back up keeper should be easy enough to get in even a loan , but an established defender of decent quality this close to competitive games are thin on the ground. 

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

As much as id love Kingsley to sign, the wages would be a bit outwith our remit unless they are getting funded by our Orlando chums, even then can he stay injury free? I just can't see it happening, and I hope M&M aren't putting all their eggs in the one basket here. I'd have thought Hearts would have been in for him as soon as Hickey signed for Bologna. Something doesn't quite add up, maybe Neilson thinks he's too much of a risk..  A back up keeper should be easy enough to get in even a loan , but an established defender of decent quality this close to competitive games are thin on the ground. 

They've just signed Andy Halliday so the Hearts ship has sailed. Probably didn't want to take a gamble on someone who's been injured a lot over the past few years. I'd imagine he could have had his pick of teams down south but he clearly wanted to come back up the road. Still shocked somebody in the premiership hasn't took a gamble on him though. 

Simply cannot believe some people are debating whether Kingsley would be a positive  signing!

The lad obviously has had injury problems but he would be a ridiculously good signing for a team in the third tier of Scottish football.

Quite remarkable that we are even in with a chance of signing him.

Benifits the teams with the larger squads for sure, downside for clubs many players get bonuses for being named on bench or getting used as a sub moreoney to cough out for clubs, very surprised how the vote went. Really glad the Championship sides voted 7-3 in favour of staying the same... 

Simply cannot believe some people are debating whether Kingsley would be a positive  signing!
The lad obviously has had injury problems but he would be a ridiculously good signing for a team in the third tier of Scottish football.

Agreed. I’d be delighted with him back in the top flight never mind third tier.

Kingsley last played for Hull in the championship on the 1st of February this year so not that long ago. You'd think the way some are talking he hadn't played for years. He played 27 games the season before for Hull so he was fit for a decent amount of time when he was there. Signing him is a no brained. It gets us a quality defender and puts him back in the shop window to prove he has the fitness etc. The guys made a few Bob and perhaps realises that he needs to start again to get back to a decent level so I doubt wages will be an issue if he's keen.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

No being funny here but am pretty much sure a lot of us thought the same before Rory Loy  returned and look how that panned out.  We just dont know is the answer to whatever we are asking.  If it happens it happens but its pretty much a fingers crossed and hope for the best

2 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

No being funny here but am pretty much sure a lot of us thought the same before Rory Loy  returned and look how that panned out.  We just dont know is the answer to whatever we are asking.  If it happens it happens but its pretty much a fingers crossed and hope for the best

That could happen to any signing, not just an ex player. Loy was a no brainer signing at the time as he had just finished the season absolutely flying at St.Mirren.

Edited by wee_bairn

I am old enough to remember the mad arguments of the late 70s and early 80s. Basically “we shouldn’t play “Anglo” players in national team”, and “Kenny Dalglish doesn’t cut it at Internalional level”.

Kingsley (when fit) could hold down a slot in any team in Scotland. A totally crocked Kingsley wouldn’t be of much use to anyone, but an injury prone Kingsley (let’s say only fit for 50% of games), has to be a fabulous thing for L1.

2 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Think we’ve all been away from football for too long. Kingsley without any doubt would be an unbelievable signing coup for our club. Without knowing what’s being discussed, it’s obvious that Kingsley ( should he sign) is prepared to tuck his tail between his legs, and the club prepared to structure what I’d imagine is wage way beyond and outside our normal budget. For me after the past couple of years of signing so much shite, what a lift to all involved with the club if we can get over the line. 

Why would he have to do that exactly? I don't see that he has much to be embarrassed about. Falkirk gave him his chance, he developed into a fine player, earned himself a move to the English Premier League and Falkirk a substantial sum of money, and played first-team football for two clubs whose size dwarfs anything up here, Glasgow Bigots apart, and at a level miles above the dross masquerading as the Scottish Premier League. He's hardly been a failure. I think the "what the hell is he thinking?" type analysis of this is ludicrous. I doubt QOS fans spend much time ruminating over why Dobbie has been hanging around in Dumfries all this time. Maybe Kingsley hasn't received the type of offer he was expecting, or hoping for. Maybe he is grateful, in the current climate, to have the opportunity to continue earning a living as a professional football player, and is not all that concerned about the level. Maybe he just fancies it.

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Tbf, Kingsley has been playing at a far higher level than Rory was.

There were also things going on with him that we couldn’t have predicted.

8 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I don't think anyone is doubting signing Kingsley in regards to his playing ability, it's more of his injury record, if it goes down the Loy route then you will always get fans who will say told you so also.

I doubt many of us will know how he performed or the real extent of his injuries or fitness at Hull(My told you so I said at the time wrong move)

Time will tell obviously but there obviously is a reason he is with a third tier Scottish team, pandemic reasons, heart strings or injury related, here is hoping if signed it's one or both the first two.

1 hour ago, wee_bairn said:

That could happen to any signing, not just an ex player. Loy was a no brainer signing at the time as he had just finished a season absolutely flying at St.Mirren.

I'll say it again, should've pushed the boat out for either the loan or permanent signing the January ST Mirren signed him. We had Lee Miller carrying our attacking options that season.