The Falkirk FC Thread

15 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Tough shit.

There shouldn't be any handouts.

There shouldn't be any fans back in meaningful numbers until the pandemic is over or under control.

It's a game. 

It’s not just a game though is it?

It is a business that hires thousands in Scotland alone, from the suits at the SFA, to players, to receptionists and club shop staff. It is also of massive massive national significance (as last Thursday proved) for the mood of the nation. To reduce it to just a game is unfair 

The attitudes to smaller clubs throughout uk has stunk. I can see not wanting 30k at Celtic park etc, but a couple of thousand and below at clubs that rely on this income to survive? It’s been ignorance and negligence for 6 months now

37 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

It’s not just a game though is it?

It is a business that hires thousands in Scotland alone, from the suits at the SFA, to players, to receptionists and club shop staff. It is also of massive massive national significance (as last Thursday proved) for the mood of the nation. To reduce it to just a game is unfair 

The attitudes to smaller clubs throughout uk has stunk. I can see not wanting 30k at Celtic park etc, but a couple of thousand and below at clubs that rely on this income to survive? It’s been ignorance and negligence for 6 months now

Completely agree.

12 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Kevin McAllister is living the dream as a Falkirk legend being just one of  the boys | HeraldScotland

7 - 352 Appearances, 1983 - 2002.

4 spells. 60 goals. The hero to so many of us for so long. I will leave the words to the rest of you apart from this: F U SFA.

Kevin McAllister.

My favourite ever Falkirk player. I remember being in hospitality as a lad as my uncles company were the match sponsors at Brockville that day, I thought Crunchie played a blinder and I would get to meet him after the game but my arse hole uncle picked Scott crabbe as MOtM so it was him that came in. I was gutted, got to go into tottens office and meet him though with some other kids,  I was aghast when they told Totten they supported the old firm and it turned out I was the only actual Falkirk fan in there, in awe, thinking they have no idea how much this means. Wee b*****ds. 

2 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Tough shit.

There shouldn't be any handouts.

There shouldn't be any fans back in meaningful numbers until the pandemic is over or under control.

It's a game. 

Easy to say if you're not working directly in the sport, or in a business which is completely tied to matchdays.

1 hour ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

...Also from the archives.  The rest of the 1982/83 defence - Hoaggy, Big Mackin, Geordie and Bomber - congratulate Andy Nicol on his 100th appearance. 

Scan.jpeg

I was a mascot for a game v Clydebank that season (we lost).

It was actually meant to be v Clyde a couple of months earlier but that got frozen off. Nevertheless we got to watch the players train (on a pitch that had just been declared unplayable! 🤔). We met Totten and all the players afterwards and they were all superb with us. Big Mackin especially, which is why I am disappointed when I read of his shenanigans with the Shire.