The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I’d have fancied us in the play offs if necessary.
The point is we are on the upward trajectory of a deep trough.
Time to get behind them. Not attack them at every opportunity....

Literally no-one is attacking them. Being realistic and pointing out that we aren't particularly good isn't attacking them.

Just out of interesting, how has "getting behind them" worked out for you over the past few seasons?

Just now, roman_bairn said:

I’d have fancied us in the play offs if necessary.
The point is we are on the upward trajectory of a deep trough.
Time to get behind them. Not attack them at every opportunity....

Airdrie had the better of us over the season. What was going to change over the playoffs? We absolutely shat it against Rovers away and were lucky to come away with a draw. Absolutely nothing suggests we would have been promoted if it hadn’t been for the pandemic.

Literally no-one is attacking them. Being realistic and pointing out that we aren't particularly good isn't attacking them.
Just out of interesting, how has "getting behind them" worked out for you over the past few seasons?

Actually, I was critical at the time when we pointed Hartley and embarked on that crazy recruitment project and closing the academy. I was also critical of the board including re the appointment of McKinnon.
I believe that the right building stones are being put in place but it will take time.
We should be able to go up this season though and Saturday will be a big clue.....

7 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Actually, I was critical at the time when we pointed Hartley and embarked on that crazy recruitment project and closing the academy. I was also critical of the board including re the appointment of McKinnon.
I believe that the right building stones are being put in place but it will take time.
We should be able to go up this season though and Saturday will be a big clue.....

The appointment of Hartley was the correct appointment at the time, as was the decision to punt him. Although I'm far from convinced that any of us know the full story behind that shambolic two-month period at the start of 18-19.

Irrespective, not long ago I was worried for my clubs very survival. I no longer worry about that and when I compare where we are with the preseason favourites, and unbeaten despite not playing well, I genuinely believe there is more to come than we are producing, so I’d rather be glass is half full just now....

40 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Irrespective, not long ago I was worried for my clubs very survival. I no longer worry about that and when I compare where we are with the preseason favourites, and unbeaten despite not playing well, I genuinely believe there is more to come than we are producing, so I’d rather be glass is half full just now....

I think our players look like they're starting to enjoy their football & they're due to dish out some utter hidings in the near future (here's hoping they start with Cove).

Also, the Rangers* game should be seen for what it is, a chance to gain some experience against higher paid opponents & some cash coming in.

1 hour ago, CC52 FFC said:

Rangers have Benfica on the Thursday before our game so we’ll be playing on the Sunday. That means they are likely to make changes for our game. Probably won’t matter too much though just as long as we dig in and give it a right go and not lie down and embarrass ourselves. 

Aye, they'll likely rest players so they're fresh to face us. Do they have the depth of squad to put up a show against Benfica?

Until we find out the financial implications I'm not sure whether this is a good draw or not.

It’ll be a good test for us and may also help the team togetherness.
I agree though, it’s really all about cash now and whether we lose out badly because this is on pay tv.

I get that the last few years have been hard to take, but I honestly think some folk revel in misery on here.  The slightest peep of optimism and folk jump on it.  The last few years are gone - until there is genuine reason to fear we won't go up this year, how about we let folk support the team. 

Almost as bad as folk who constantly complain about the Facebook group yet seem to spend an awful lot of their time reading the Facebook group... 

Many fans and supporters on here are merely being open and honest, on many occasions I’ve been critical only because I care passionately for our team like all others who post. 
At the end of the day it’s all about opinions, some good some not so good. 

This is too balanced a position to take on this forum.
You are either a ‘happy clapper’ or a ‘knicker wetter’.
Pick a side......