The Falkirk FC Thread

31 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Budgets for Hearts & Dunfermline are by far the highest in the division so no surprises that they’re challenging at the top. Not sure about Inverness as believe they had some critical cuts with budgets, but may be operating with higher wages but a far slimmer player pool. 

They have the best manager in the league though, and he's doing a great job with an ever decreasing pool of experienced players.

An earlier post correctly highlighted the anticipated cash being distributed to the clubs out with the top clubs, by our government. Ive no doubt at best it will be a pittance and for me sums up the “couldn’t give a fck attitude” to the lower leagues, and the general state of football out with the twisted and fraudulent top league. Can’t wait to see the cash distribution for the top flight......   

I understand there are grants of around £10M available to football for Scottish Championship clubs and below, so not sure I agree with your criticisms.
It’s not the SPFL who are distributing this money. Then I would entirely agree with you....

52 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

They have the best manager in the league though, and he's doing a great job with an ever decreasing pool of experienced players.

John Robertson? Not sure about that. Bairdy was pretty scathing of his management in walking down hope Street podcast. He has Inverness pretty much where I'd expect them to be in the top 4 .

6 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I understand there are grants of around £10M available to football for Scottish Championship clubs and below, so not sure I agree with your criticisms.
It’s not the SPFL who are distributing this money. Then I would entirely agree with you....

I'd certainly rather have a bit less cash available free like we are being offered rather than have to take out a loan plus interest with the govt.  If Celtic hadn't failed so miserably in the champions League then the top flight clubs would've got a decent windfall from them qualifying and the government loans might not have been required. I did feel that the govt highlighting that these loans weren't being made available to the top flight down south a bit of a smoke screen given the amount of cash floating about in the EPL made 20 million basically a drop in the ocean and not required.

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

Budgets for Hearts & Dunfermline are by far the highest in the division so no surprises that they’re challenging at the top. Not sure about Inverness as believe they had some critical cuts with budgets, but may be operating with higher wages but a far slimmer player pool. 

Agreed re. The budgets. I wonder if Dunfermline have had a big cash injection from the German investors or are gambling again as they have a history of over spending with money they don’t have ??

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Agreed re. The budgets. I wonder if Dunfermline have had a big cash injection from the German investors or are gambling again as they have a history of over spending with money they don’t have ??

To give them their due though they have made some intelligent signings from the seaside leagues and have made the most out the loan market. Then you add the likes of Whittaker as experience and perhaps we could learn a few things from their transfer strategy. 

15 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

To give them their due though they have made some intelligent signings from the seaside leagues and have made the most out the loan market. Then you add the likes of Whittaker as experience and perhaps we could learn a few things from their transfer strategy. 

Possibly but I’d still never want Falkirk to be run like Dunfermline or Livingston. 

Made a profit last year (albeit a small one) and these accounts were before we sold Nisbet for decent six figures and got the German euros so I'm fairly happy with what we're doing thank you very much.

6 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Made a profit last year (albeit a small one) and these accounts were before we sold Nisbet for decent six figures and got the German euros so I'm fairly happy with what we're doing thank you very much.

Which is genuinely great to hear - I was just making the point that clubs like yourselves and Livingston have been run recklessly in the past.

That’s great news. I’m sure your creditors will be looking forward to finally receiving some long awaited cash during these COVID times....

Possibly but I’d still never want Falkirk to be run like Dunfermline or Livingston. 

I guess better to be run into the ground as it has been for the last 3/4 years (before this) eh?

8 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I guess better to be run into the ground as it has been for the last 3/4 years (before this) eh?

There’s a fundamental difference between bad management decisions and screwing your creditors over.

id rather my club was not banded in the same bracket as Livingston or Dunfermline....

34 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The worst part of that is we would probably die off, when it comes to luck we hardly have the rub of it as far as clubs go