The Falkirk FC Thread

As the main camera slightly missed Fotheringham's strike, Arbroath also had GoPros behind the goals last night

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=789118581713620

Tidy finish with his weaker foot. Hopefully he can kick on and nail down the LM spot while Connolly is injured

After watching Lewis Moore rinse Deveney at the very start of those highlights i've changed my mind on the team for Saturday. Also Francis' run for the first goal wasn't as special as you lot made out. Hall only if Mccelland is out injured.
Mutch
Neilson Durnan Mcclelland/Hall Dixon
Morrison Gomis Telfer Fotheringham
Keena Dowds

I’ve no seen the highlights back yet but I don’t think they will do justice to just how fucking terrible Ben Hall was yet again. Only poor finishing stopped him being at fault for 3 goals. Both Neilson and Gary Miller should be a head of him in the pecking order for centre half as well.

Should be absolutely last resort to play that diddy.

33 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

On the other hand how many of the squad are M and M signings?

From the current squad 14: Mercer, Hall, Deveney, Sneddon, Kelly, Todd, Alston, Morrison, Keena, Dowds, Francis, Fotheringham, Neilson, McLelland.

They also chose to give new contracts to Dixon, Hall, Durnan, Gomis, Connolly, Telfer, Miller and Leitch.

The only players they have had no say in are Mutch and Sammon.

They have been extremely well backed. It's very much their squad.

18 minutes ago, AGPar said:

From the current squad 14: Mercer, Hall, Deveney, Sneddon, Kelly, Todd, Alston, Morrison, Keena, Dowds, Francis, Fotheringham, Neilson, McLelland.

They also chose to give new contracts to Dixon, Hall, Durnan, Gomis, Connolly, Telfer, Miller and Leitch.

I could be wrong but think they also extended Laverty.

I did ask! [emoji16]

Quite ironic the scorer of the winning goal (ex-ffc academy when it was shut by us) would have earned us enough cash (had fans been allowed in) that would have funded our Academy for a couple of seasons. Lads who are now coming through are showing how much an act of vandalism that decision was. There are people with influence at the club who were involved still. They should be hanging their heads in the shame of it

10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:
Quite ironic the scorer of the winning goal (ex-ffc academy when it was shut by us) would have earned us enough cash (had fans been allowed in) that would have funded our Academy for a couple of seasons. Lads who are now coming through are showing how much an act of vandalism that decision was. There are people with influence at the club who were involved still. They should be hanging their heads in the shame of it

Just so we all know,who are you referring to?

ill happily ask the question at the next AGM.

Edited by roman_bairn

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Absolutely , I'd go further and say Margaret Lang should get a lifetime ban for her exaggerated costs to push her & Campbell's agenda. 

I wonder how much it's going to cost to set up again and get back to somewhere near the standard it was. What we will never know is the lost revenue from sales of players such as Kai now roped in from another club on loan to help get us out of the 3rd tier where we languish as a result of "Project Premiership" - what a colossal irony.

These people in charge were/are only current custodians of our club and an "act of vandalism" is exactly the right description. For being part of the decision Alexander has to lose his (self titled?) "Superfan"  moniker once and for all as he clearly isn't.

Or were they all just duped by Campbell , a guy who when he came to FFC admitted he knew nothing about running a football club.  

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/kai-fotheringham-dundee-united-kid-on-fulfilling-lifelong-dream-by-scoring-scottish-cup-winner-for-boyhood-heroes-falkirk-and-his-hopes-for-loan-spell/

“It’s a boyhood dream to score for my local club,” said Fotheringham. “It’s even more amazing to get one that means so much.

“I was a Falkirk fan as a boy and went to a lot of games. I still live in Falkirk now.

“I’ve been to two Scottish Cup Finals as a fan. I was at the games with Rangers and Inverness and even though we lost both of them it was a fantastic occasion to be in a big crowd as a fan."

Absolutely , I'd go further and say Margaret Lang should get a lifetime ban for her exaggerated costs to push her & Campbell's agenda. 
I wonder how much it's going to cost to set up again and get back to somewhere near the standard it was. What we will never know is the lost revenue from sales of players such as Kai now roped in from another club on loan to help get us out of the 3rd tier where we languish as a result of "Project Premiership" - what a colossal irony.
These people in charge were/are only current custodians of our club and an "act of vandalism" is exactly the right description. For being part of the decision Alexander has to lose his (self titled?) "Superfan"  moniker once and for all as he clearly isn't.
Or were they all just duped by Campbell , a guy who when he came to FFC admitted he knew nothing about running a football club.  

I’m as frustrated as anyone that we lost our academy. But is there a mitigation of some of the criticism due to the bollocks that is Project Brave that weakened the academy we had and meant that future talent would likely go to elite clubs at our expense?
Also whilst I would welcome the return will it actually be able to get back to where it was?...
Ps. These are genuine questions. I don’t know the answer..

4 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I’m as frustrated as anyone that we lost our academy. But is there a mitigation of some of the criticism due to the bollocks that is Project Brave that weakened the academy we had and meant that future talent would likely go to elite clubs at our expense?
Also whilst I would welcome the return will it actually be able to get back to where it was?...
Ps. These are genuine questions. I don’t know the answer..

Yes Project Brave is bollocks but we could have continued to have an academy outside "Elite" status. Like Ayr and St Mirren and other similar clubs to us we could have carried on at "Progressive" level.   Pre- Project Brave you could argue Rangers, Celtic, Dundee Utd were at an "elite level" of youth development but they can't hold onto every player as we found out by taking the likes of Murray Wallace from the Rangers academy. Indeed when we had Yogi and Ross Wilson, young players were sold on having more of a chance at Falkirk.

As it was Project Brave was a very convenient excuse for Craig Campbell who was already determined to push through his Project Premiership plan and the Brentford Model.

As regards your second question I really don't know either - I would doubt we would get to the level again where we are competing in Scottish Cup semi-finals and finals with half the team made up of ex-academy players, but having 2 or 3 would be nice.          

10 hours ago, superandy_07 said:

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/kai-fotheringham-dundee-united-kid-on-fulfilling-lifelong-dream-by-scoring-scottish-cup-winner-for-boyhood-heroes-falkirk-and-his-hopes-for-loan-spell/

“It’s a boyhood dream to score for my local club,” said Fotheringham. “It’s even more amazing to get one that means so much.

“I was a Falkirk fan as a boy and went to a lot of games. I still live in Falkirk now.

“I’ve been to two Scottish Cup Finals as a fan. I was at the games with Rangers and Inverness and even though we lost both of them it was a fantastic occasion to be in a big crowd as a fan."

'falkirk fan as a boy' ? So who is it you support now like?

5 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Yes Project Brave is bollocks but we could have continued to have an academy outside "Elite" status. Like Ayr and St Mirren and other similar clubs to us we could have carried on at "Progressive" level.   Pre- Project Brave you could argue Rangers, Celtic, Dundee Utd were at an "elite level" of youth development but they can't hold onto every player as we found out by taking the likes of Murray Wallace from the Rangers academy. Indeed when we had Yogi and Ross Wilson, young players were sold on having more of a chance at Falkirk.

As it was Project Brave was a very convenient excuse for Craig Campbell who was already determined to push through his Project Premiership plan and the Brentford Model.

As regards your second question I really don't know either - I would doubt we would get to the level again where we are competing in Scottish Cup semi-finals and finals with half the team made up of ex-academy players, but having 2 or 3 would be nice.          

Exactly. Raith are part of the Fife elite academy which is only in the 3rd level but they don't seem to have any issues bringing decent young players into their side and then selling them on. This players leaving in droves to go to elite clubs was utter rubbish. We had numerous examples to show players that our academy was the place to be.

22 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Best for all to park the bus on the horrendous decisions of past.

The now directors and chairman and managers and new investors all want some sort of Academy. I’m sure that this will happen, maybe in a slightly different format

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes. Those who do not read history are doomed to repeat it.

George Santayana

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

Best for all to park the bus on the horrendous decisions of past.

The now directors and chairman and managers and new investors all want some sort of Academy. I’m sure that this will happen, maybe in a slightly different format

I'm sure Holt said that they were going to introduce a Development Squad initially before starting an Academy on a scaled down basis later on.

That would allow us join a reserve league, giving those not involved on a Saturday, or who don't get off the bench, some game time along with any external players that they want to run their eye over.