The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, roman_bairn said:

There was a time, not so long ago, when a few posters were declaring him the biggest waste of a wage at the club.

Sometimes making rash decisions is not the correct answer....

(Except on here 😁)

Telfer always plays well against the better sides but struggles to make any impact when we're playing teams that sit in and swamp the midfield. He's such a frustrating player as he has bags of ability.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I thought neilson did ok. Fotheringham finished well but needs more game time to show what he can do.  Second half was a real struggle to watch. We were a bit fortunate that Arbroath missed a couple of decent chances. Still would be a major disaster if Keena got crocked and we had to rely on Sammon etc.

So we're both agreed that we'll allow them a few games to prove themselves before calling them wasted signings and not what we needed?

Just now, FFC 1876 said:

So we're both agreed that we'll allow them a few games to prove themselves before calling them wasted signings and not what we needed?

I said if they weren't going to start they were wasted signings.  If we go back to Saturdays side this weekend then I'd still query the decision to bring them in if the management won't play them. We'll see what Saturdays team is.

Just now, roman_bairn said:

I don’t disagree. But he wouldn’t be here to play if we just discarded him would he?…

We can only judge a player based on what he does on a Saturday. He done absolutely nothing most Saturday's last season and i'm happy to hold my hand up and say I was one of the ones that wanted him gone. M&M see him day in day out and based on his performances when he's been in the side this season he absolutely deserves to still be here so fair play. He's obviously realised this is his last shot at making a career for himself in full time football and is grasping the opportunity.

I said if they weren't going to start they were wasted signings.  If we go back to Saturdays side this weekend then I'd still query the decision to bring them in if the management won't play them. We'll see what Saturdays team is.

Perhaps because other players showed up better in training or are more advanced in their getting up to fitness at this point?
Everything isn’t black and white you know...

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

We can only judge a player based on what he does on a Saturday. He done absolutely nothing most Saturday's last season and i'm happy to hold my hand up and say I was one of the ones that wanted him gone. M&M see him day in day out and based on his performances when he's been in the side this season he absolutely deserves to still be here so fair play. He's obviously realised this is his last shot at making a career for himself in full time football and is grasping the opportunity.

He had about two decent games last season and this season he can't seem to get regular game time even though leitch is dreadful.  He's surely got to get another shot against forfar.

I'm sticking with that either Miller or Mcracken are best buddies with Leitch's dad and that's why he gets regular game time. It's the only reason I can think of. There's a clip in the highlights from Saturday's game where Alston sprays the ball out wide right to Leitch who honestly has a good 20 yards of free space from any Montrose player when he received the ball, took an age to work out what he wanted to do then took a honking touch and lost the ball. 

Well we'll see on Saturday.

What will it tell you?
My point is we don’t know all the facts on selection decisions, although if we did we may (or may not) be more understanding of the decisions M and M have come to rather than criticising constantly. At least any criticism could be justified?
Anyway, 2 games back, 2 wins.
Can’t ask for much more at this point.....

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

What will it tell you?
My point is we don’t know all the facts on selection decisions, although if we did we may (or may not) be more understanding of the decisions M and M have come to rather than criticising constantly. At least any criticism could be justified?
Anyway, 2 games back, 2 wins.
Can’t ask for much more at this point.....

You need to cut out the ellipsis at the end of every post as you've went from being mysterious to I'm genuinely concerned at the amount of times you lose your train of thought.

Edited by FFC 1876

18 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I'm sticking with that either Miller or Mcracken are best buddies with Leitch's dad and that's why he gets regular game time. It's the only reason I can think of. 

His dad is Scott Leitch, ex Motherwell player and coach. Wasn't Miller part of Motherwell's academy coaching team at one point while he was a Livi player?

There was a time, not so long ago, when a few posters were declaring him the biggest waste of a wage at the club.
Sometimes making rash decisions is not the correct answer....
(Except on here [emoji16])
Hold on.

Are you saying we shouldnt have criticised Telfer for his awful contributions last season, culminating in a stupid red card in a crucial home game which could, as it transpired, have been the one we needed to go up?

Wtf?

Hold on.

Are you saying we shouldnt have criticised Telfer for his awful contributions last season, culminating in a stupid red card in a crucial home game which could, as it transpired, have been the one we needed to go up?

Wtf?

Nope.
The general view on here was that he was completely incapable as a player and we should bin him.....

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Nope.
The general view on here was that he was completely incapable as a player and we should bin him.....

So folk were wrong to say we should have binned him in the summer after a season of complete anonymity, crowned with a moment of pure stupidity that potentially altered the course of the season because at some point in the future he will play well against Arbroath? 

Should no one ever offer an opinion then, just in case? Glad to see you are now happy with Mark Durnans entire contribution since signing on account of him scoring at the weekend. Must be class to be a fan with that outlook. 

Mental. 

14 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Nope.

That’s rubbish - a lot of posters questioned his commitment and desire however most posters were frustrated as it’s obvious there is a talented player there.

If he has improved his work rate, there is no question he can be a very, very good player at this level and more than likely a good player in the Championship - fingers crossed.

Mutch

Neilson Durnan Dixon Deveney

Morrison Gomis Telfer Fotheringham

Keena Dowds

When we are attacking Telfer can push up one with Gomis sitting to make it a diamond. If G Miller has to play then i'll accept him in place of Gomis. Am I right in saying Forfar earlier on in the season is Dowds only league goal with us?

28 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Mutch

Neilson Durnan Dixon Deveney

Morrison Gomis Telfer Fotheringham

Keena Dowds

When we are attacking Telfer can push up one with Gomis sitting to make it a diamond. If G Miller has to play then i'll accept him in place of Gomis. Am I right in saying Forfar earlier on in the season is Dowds only league goal with us?

I agree with this line up, in particular the back line. Hall for me has to be dropped. He's an accident waiting to happen and really could have caused 3+ goals last night. 

It's absolutely vital we win our next two games vs. Forfar and Dumbarton who are arguably the weaker sides of the division. This would put us in a great position going into the Airdrie away game with the sides below us all playing each other over that same week. On paper we have the easiest run in now having played Montrose, East Fife and Thistle already.