The Falkirk FC Thread

6 hours ago, The Phoenix said:

Totally agree but I doubt it's £20k easily kissed goodbye to. 

It's a classic risk v reward situation for me , and 20K is not a big enough reward if the risk is an injury to one of our "stars" (yes I know)  in a very condensed 2nd half of the season where promotion should be the only priority. How much would we lose if not promoted? We are only really an injured Morrison away from that scenario.

As has been said , play some fringe players and do not risk the main men.......not this season.   

33 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I'm hoping we make a good few changes as well. I don't want to lose the game but I'd rather see us test a couple of our new signings and use it to see how Dowds and Keena play together upfront.

Hope it makes it an entertaining game, both teams obviously wanting to win but pressure on it isn’t the same due to other higher priorities and the fact no fans in grounds for making big bucks from Celtic

I'd play Cantley, Todd, Leitch, Sammon, Dowds, Laverty, Deveney, Francis, Sneddon, Mercer, and Connolly, in an ideal world tomorrow. In any formation I couldn't care about the cup. If M&M risk Keena, Morrison and Mutch then they want chased.  Use our "big squad" as our co manager puts it, pity he left out the words talent, devoid, of. 

I'd play Cantley, Todd, Leitch, Sammon, Dowds, Laverty, Deveney, Francis, Sneddon, Mercer, and Connolly, in an ideal world tomorrow. In any formation I couldn't care about the cup. If M&M risk Keena, Morrison and Mutch then they want chased.  Use our "big squad" as our co manager puts it, pity he left out the words talent, devoid, of. 

Like you, I only really care about winning the Forfar game on Saturday. However, like every team in the division on Saturday past, the players need game time to improve fitness and match sharpness in particular.
Playing a second string might be useful in letting us see others in action, and avoiding injury to ‘key’ players (if we have any), but it doesn’t solve the ‘lack of sharpness’ issue....

I'd play pretty close to a full team. We need to prove we can compete with Championship clubs

Mutch

Miller - Hall - Durnan - Dixon

Alston - Gomis

Fotheringham - Telfer - Morrison

Keena

However if we get through, sack off the Celtic game and play this lineup at Parkhead

Cantley

Neilson - McClelland - Durnan - Deveney

Leitch - Telfer - Todd - Connolly

Sammon - Francis

Edited by Donathan

I'd play pretty close to a full team. We need to prove we can compete with Championship clubs

Mutch
Miller - Hall - Durnan - Dixon
Alston - Gomis
Fotheringham - Telfer - Morrison
Keena

However if we get through, sack off the Celtic game and play this lineup at Parkhead

Cantley
Neilson - McClelland - Durnan - Deveney
Leitch - Telfer - Todd - Connolly
Sammon - Francis
I agree, maybe make a couple of changes for freshness but that's it, we need match sharpness asap.

Guest Ecosse83

Looking forward to the game tonight should get a good idea of where we are really at as a team!

Mutch

Neilson.        Hall.               Durnan.      Dixon

Alston.         Gomis

morrison.                 Telfer.                     Dowds 

Keena 

That’s how I’d line up!

45 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Looking forward to the game tonight should get a good idea of where we are really at as a team!

Mutch

Neilson.        Hall.               Durnan.      Dixon

Alston.         Gomis

morrison.                 Telfer.                     Dowds 

Keena 

That’s how I’d line up!

Dowds out wide left is a bold call. Having watched Dick Campbell on open goal, he'll most likely play a 4-4-2 as he stated he started with 1 up top this season and he'll never play it again. With that in mind I'd match their 4-4-2 as I don't think Keena's suited to the loan striker role and i'd like to see Dowds and Keena up top together.

Edited by FFC 1876

Guest Ecosse83
14 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Dowds out wide left is a bold call. Having watched Dick Campbell on open goal, he'll most likely play a 4-4-2 as he stated he started with 1 up top this season and he'll never play it again. With that in mind I'd match their 4-4-2 as I don't think Keena's suited to the loan striker role and i'd like to see Dowds and Keena up top together.

I'd like to see Dowds out there I think it’s a role he could play quite well.  Those wide positions aren’t really reserved for out and out wingers these days and get tactics right Keena would have plenty of support in and around the box. 

14 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Agreed, Dowds needs it drilled into him I think that Keena needs to play off him. Since Dowds has came in he hasn't really been that focal target. Hopefully the two of them start tonight.

I'd also put the full/ strongest team out tonight. A couple of changes max (ie rest Gomis) and maybe put Dowds in for Leitch and start Telfer too.

Our fixture list really isn't too bad and everyone will be short of match sharpness. Chance to put some more minutes in the legs before our next league game

I'd stick the two other new boys in tonight otherwise what's the point in having them? The result isn't that important but if these guys are good enough then it's the ideal game to blood them.  If probably rest Keena simply because we can't afford him to get injured even though he needs games.  I'd start big Lee as he's the only other striker that knows where the net is. Telfer usually plays well in these games so I'd start him. Fotheringham needs games at a decent level  so give him another run.   The thought of playing without Morrison is criminal but if he got crocked we'd be well and truly fecked. Not sure about gomis playing 3 games a week for the next wee while although he looked very rusty on Saturday and Alston is made of chocolate these days but badly needs games.

Mutch

Neilson

Durnan

McClelland

Dixon

Fotheringham

Telfer

Todd

Alston

Dowds

Miller

Maybe something like that.  Wouldn't hold out much of a chance of winning but it would get players matches and prevent injuries to key players on what will be a heavy grass surface.

Edited by Shadwell Dog