The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Zbairn said:

I think the term is ITK  :)

If you are some ITK whistleblower you’re doing a shite job of it. 

Can’t even tell from the content of your post whether you’re blaming falkirk or Camelon. Was extremely supportive and sympathetic of your viewpoint when you first came on here, but your cryptic “I know more than you but can’t say” shtick is making me think Rawlins are right to do whatever the f**k they want to clear decks 

22 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Torn between buying a new season ticket or not. I’m desperate to get back to the stadium and watch the team and the only way of doing that seems to be buying a season ticket due to the restrictions on numbers however I also feel enough is enough and starving them money is the only option now. 

Go on. Force yourself.

Its not just the football.

It allows you a platform like this to have a rant.

When you buy an ST and support your local side, you get a lot more than watching the game.

Great value for money and a big part of living, especially during these times.

I am disabled, can't drive and don't live in Falkirk.  So getting to the stadium is very difficult to me.   I really valued watching the live streams last season so I could feel part of it again.  I understand the live streams are allowed to go ahead again this season due to limited crowds.  If so I will happily buy a season ticket so I can watch from home.  My brother will take me about twice a season otherwise.

7 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

If you are some ITK whistleblower you’re doing a shite job of it. 

Can’t even tell from the content of your post whether you’re blaming falkirk or Camelon. Was extremely supportive and sympathetic of your viewpoint when you first came on here, but your cryptic “I know more than you but can’t say” shtick is making me think Rawlins are right to do whatever the f**k they want to clear decks 

I never said I was a whistle blower. That was someone else.  I also didnt blame either club, but individuals of both at the time are involved. As it is in Police Scotland's hands ..... it's pretty obvious I cant comment who it is, but I can mention that it happened.

As for your reasoning that the Rawlins are our saviours..... the problem is that they are not clearing the decks.  The same Board that left us 5th in the 3rd Division are still there. The investors wanted changes and it was knocked back.

But hey ho ! ... have your wee rant.

9 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I am disabled, can't drive and don't live in Falkirk.  So getting to the stadium is very difficult to me.   I really valued watching the live streams last season so I could feel part of it again.  I understand the live streams are allowed to go ahead again this season due to limited crowds.  If so I will happily buy a season ticket so I can watch from home.  My brother will take me about twice a season otherwise.

Yes.

This could open up a whole new market for folks like yourself and myself who can’t take the extreme cold.

5 minutes ago, BooBairn said:

The club can get to f**k with those season ticket prices, that pishy branding, the awful video and just being general fuds. 

Okay.

What sort of pricing would you find acceptable?

I thought the video was fine.

Whats your solution to the current situation?

Happy and some of our regular posters just doesn't fit well. I would rather be in the position where happily clapping was in vogue rather than getting a two nil win and folk greeting because it wasn't four and blaming the board for not buying better shooting boots

As opposed to the term "Happy clapper"

The whole announcement is as if last season never happened at all. It was all a mirage and a figment of people's imagination . We didn't end up 5th in division 3 of Scottish football behind the likes of Montrose. We didn't pay a lot of money for season tickets and then not only never see a game live but also see far less games than we paid for on.a pretty mediocre streaming product. Nothing to see here. Roll up roll up just give us more of your cash again this season and if you see less games and no live games then we've made sure we owe you feck all.  Ps we're all in this together. 

What a joke.

Just now, Bigbrbairn said:

Happy and some of our regular posters just doesn't fit well. I would rather be in the position where happily clapping was in vogue rather than getting a two nil win and folk greeting because it wasn't four and blaming the board for not buying better shooting boots

With our lot I would take a 1-0 win.

Watching us losing  to Peterhead at home is not my idea of fun.  Not beating a full time team in almost 2 years is totally unacceptable. Ending up 5th in the Seaside Leagues was not exactly a barrel of laughs.....so who do you blame? 

There are justifiable reasons to be mad at various people/aspects of our club, for sure.  And I myself spent a lot of the second half of last season moaning loudly at the state we were in.  But I am getting fed up with the continual conflict and in-fighting.   Life is too short for this kind of thing.   A new season is coming soon.  Could we not, for once, all try to paddle in the same direction?   I am prepared (against my usual nature) to draw a line and start afresh and give the club my complete support.   Of course, if it all starts to go sideways again, that's a different story, but how about for now, we try a little positivity?

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn

16 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The whole announcement is as if last season never happened at all. It was all a mirage and a figment of people's imagination . We didn't end up 5th in division 3 of Scottish football behind the likes of Montrose. We didn't pay a lot of money for season tickets and then not only never see a game live but also see far less games than we paid for on.a pretty mediocre streaming product. Nothing to see here. Roll up roll up just give us more of your cash again this season and if you see less games and no live games then we've made sure we owe you feck all.  Ps we're all in this together. 

What a joke.

Using my earlier criteria, can I just say that you, sir , have had far more than your money’s worth.

What would you do without all the little twists and turns of FFC politics?

Admit it, you love it.

16 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

People are just making up stuff now.

Aye . That's what I love doing . Just sitting in the house making stuff up.  It's hardly surprising considering the  way both clubs have been run lately.

Edited by Shadwell Dog