The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Somebody on the COYB page is claiming Keena's out for 6 weeks with a collarbone injury. Now normally take the COYB stuff with a pinch of salt but if true that gives us 1 recognised striker going into the first competitive game in 2 weeks. Sheerin also stated last night 4-3-3 is how he'll play so more likely to be the below.

Mutch
Williamson Mckay Dixon Mccann
Telfer Hetherington Mcguffie
Morrison Dowds Nesbitt

Dowds upfront gives you the right fear. We need a couple of decent strikers in now. If keenas injured again then it's Carl Finnegan 2.

1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Boring. The planned friendly tomorrow is off as the other team pulled out. I have stuff for  the Foundation on Sunday and that's it. 

That is a bummer, I was planning on strategicly taking the rabbit's a walk around the stadium tomorrow in the hope I'd see some action.

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Somebody on the COYB page is claiming Keena's out for 6 weeks with a collarbone injury. Now normally take the COYB stuff with a pinch of salt but if true that gives us 1 recognised striker going into the first competitive game in 2 weeks. Sheerin also stated last night 4-3-3 is how he'll play so more likely to be the below.

Mutch
Williamson Mckay Dixon Mccann
Telfer Hetherington Mcguffie
Morrison Dowds Nesbitt

If he is injured it wouldn't be a surprise. But we needed two strikers anyway. Dowds isn't the answer

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We were obviously outbid by queen's though.  As I said reports suggest we paid an undisclosed fee including coves which said he had signed 'after both clubs agreed suitable terms for the transfer' in other words agreed a fee.

I agree with your first sentence. 

I remain to be convinced about the second, for reasons that I posted previously. Pity nobody thought to ask that question the other night. 

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Dowds upfront gives you the right fear. We need a couple of decent strikers in now. If keenas injured again then it's Carl Finnegan 2.

Dowds upfront in that formation doesn't actually give me the fear as he could be the perfect foil for Morrison & another winger supporting. It does however give me the fear that Dowds may be our only option right now especially seen as there's still a lot to come from him.

2 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I agree with your first sentence. 

I remain to be convinced about the second, for reasons that I posted previously. Pity nobody thought to ask that question the other night. 

As I said Cove suggest we agreed a fee with them and the P &J reported Cove Rangers midfielder Seb Ross has joined Falkirk on a two-year deal for an undisclosed fee. 

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Dowds upfront in that formation doesn't actually give me the fear as he could be the perfect foil for Morrison & another winger supporting. It does however give me the fear that Dowds may be our only option right now especially seen as there's still a lot to come from him.

I can't see dowds ever getting enough goals to win us the league he's just not that type of player. 

3 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Dowds needs to improve massively if he's to even have a career at this level. I honestly can't see him being with us beyond this season, I just don't think he's good enough.

He had a few decent flashes but they were mainly creating for others not scoring goals and that ain't what we need from him if he's the main striker.

7 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Dowds needs to improve massively if he's to even have a career at this level. I honestly can't see him being with us beyond this season, I just don't think he's good enough.

Every single one of the players from last season need to improve dramatically. It was his first year in full time football and he was unlucky with a few injuries as he looked to be coming onto a game before getting injured at Celtic. You can see he has good attributes. We as well as him just need to use those attributes to get the best out of him. He's big, strong and for a man of his build he's got a very good turn of pace. Holds the ball in well, puts himself about and he doesn't half put a shift in for the team. We didn't create anywhere near enough chances for him in the games he played (other than the Partick sitter he obviously should have buried) and we didn't get bodies running off him to take advantage of when he was holding the ball in. 

He'll know himself he's got to do better but as mentioned so should everyone of that team.

Edited by FFC 1876

36 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

He is fucking rubbish. He was rubbish last season and will be rubbish this too

56 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

So far as I've said before we still haven't solved the problem of energy and legs in the middle of the park and that's been one of our main Achilles heels over the past few seasons.  You get the feeling from Holt's comments that hall and Mackay will be our first choice with Dixon as cover unfortunately.

We are shopping in the bargain basement our status and position in the leagues warrant.

Any half decent player of the type needed will get a better offer with more security at a higher level. Even at the level we are at we ain't the first choice

Like it or not FFC are seen as a hire and fire outfit and deservingly so with our recent track record.

Not an outstanding squad with nothing to get exited about.

Its up the the manager to squeeze the best out of them. Put a team on the park that wins in an attractive watchable style of play.

Going to be a long hard slog. 

4 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

There’s so many layers of jokes, sarcasm and fake ITK comedy in here I genuinely can’t tell what’s real or not anymore.

Have we signed Ndaba? If so, big coup it seems

He’ll be in amongst the Ipswich first team this season, not a chance he will be signing. Don’t even know why it was mentioned after a very successful 6 months at championship level do we honestly think they’d punt him down a division for a year. 

48 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I’d like to at least hope that we will be a better side than last season.
Stop taking that away from me.......

On the face of it. The LB and RB are upgrades. The rest more of the same IMO. Not convinced we will be any better unless we get players with a track record of scoring goals