The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

That’s some take of what’s went wrong the last number of years- we’re in League 2 for the 3rd year because Houston tried to progress in the  League Cup! 😮

Aye mate, that's exactly what I meant, well deciphered. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
7 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Aye mate, that's exactly what I meant, well deciphered. 

It wasn’t written in code. 

I've been told that the only way to get a subscription for Falkirk tv is by buying a full season ticket.

I had been a subscriber for many years but the end of my last subscription coincided with the calling off of the season so I didn't renew.

Last year in order to get access I paid for a full season ticket as I didn't mind at the time but now I just want my old subscription back.  Feel like asking for my whole season ticket money back for last season.

2 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Re: the League Cup, I agree with all the previous posters about expecting Falkirk to give 100% in every competitive game that we play.

Normally.

This season I couldn’t give a flying f*ck about the League Cup, getting out of this league is all that matters to me. I just don’t want the distraction of a cup run.

Same when the Scottish Cup comes around. If we are well clear at the top of the league than I would expect in our cup games that we give it a real go. If, however, we are only “in the mix” (yeeuugghh!) then I would quite happily see us not try a leg in these cup games either so that we can concentrate on “getting over the line” (double yeeuugghh).

And we obviously don’t need the prize money that a good cup run could generate ‘cos we’ve knocked back £550k of investment, right?

I am sure I have heard “getting out of this league is all that matters to me” for the last 24 months. IMO unless the squad is improved dramatically some will still be saying it this time next year. 

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

We are getting nowhere near the top of the league again are we mate.

I am sure the play offs are achievable. Remember saying that in the Championship.

11 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

I've been told that the only way to get a subscription for Falkirk tv is by buying a full season ticket.

I had been a subscriber for many years but the end of my last subscription coincided with the calling off of the season so I didn't renew.

Last year in order to get access I paid for a full season ticket as I didn't mind at the time but now I just want my old subscription back.  Feel like asking for my whole season ticket money back for last season.

Fans should ask for their refund to be donated to Strathcarron 

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I can’t believe we have gone to ‘the playoffs are achievable’ whilst languishing in the 3rd Division.

We should all reflect on that and it will show us how far we have fallen 😢.

The only ones that don't know how far we've fallen are the ones still waiting on a "proven goalscorer" being signed. 

Interesting reading all of the above when someone had a pop at me for being negative and saying Cove would walk the league. 

Some of those who have got us into this mess have gone, but those who failed to get us out are still there. If we don’t win this league will they accept responsibility and go? 

1 minute ago, Zbairn said:

Interesting reading all of the above when someone had a pop at me for being negative and saying Cove would walk the league. 

Some of those who have got us into this mess have gone, but those who failed to get us out are still there. If we don’t win this league will they accept responsibility and go? 

Surely there would be no other option.....although.... Falkirk. 

I’m going to remain optimistic until I actually see if we are a poor side/not winning many games. The unknown of pre-season is part of the journey of being a football fan for me, if I was feeling like most on here sound, i think I’d be spending my time & money on something else but each to their own. 

Edited by RC55 FFC

9 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

I’m going to remain optimistic until I actually see if we are a poor side/not winning many games. The unknown of pre-season is part of the journey of being a football fan for me, if I was feeling like most on here sound, i think I’d be spending my time & money on something else but each to their own. 

I will be. #notapennymore 

Edited by Back Post Misses

Guest Peter LaFleur
11 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Agreed. I got my season ticket through the week and genuinely excited of the thought of going to watch the team and meet up with friends for a few pints. 1000 sold already given the circumstances at the club and the pandemic is exceptional. We still have around 6 signings to come in so won’t be wetting the bed until those are signed and we start watching the team in the flesh. 

Edited by Peter LaFleur

7 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Agreed. I got my season ticket through the week and genuinely excited of the thought of going to watch the team and meet up with friends for a few pints. 1000 sold already given the circumstances at the club and the pandemic is exceptional. We still have around 6 signings to come in so won’t be wetting the bed until those are signed and we start watching the team in the flesh. 

Rewind 2020, 2019, 2018 

Excited FFS 😂

3 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Totally agree.

The excitement is building up and the family are also in full ‘rumour’ mode regarding signings, formation, etc.

Coupled with the Euros,Wimbledon and the Covid business almost over,it’s great.

Maybe I’m just ever optimistic but until things start to go belly-up, I’m going to enjoy the next few months.

Guest Peter LaFleur
3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Rewind 2020, 2019, 2018 

Excited FFS 😂

You’re coming across bitter AF. Yes I’m excited to go to the pub with friends and watch the club I love play. We’ve spent 18 months of living hell so it’s not taken much to build that excitement. 

Edited by Peter LaFleur