The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

I think there was some tacit acceptance the squad will not be fully in place by the time the league cup games start in that Q&A was there not? Or maybe the Sheerin interview?

That’s not a positive reflection on our SD. They say they have 3 players identified for each position yet we’re just over a week away from our first competitive fixture and still look to be scrambling around.  Holts been in the job since January too. I thought that was the advantage of having an SD? 

Hall being back playing football after a really serious injury is good.

The fact it's with us is horrendous. Might seem a bit OTT but him getting that new contract sealed it for me that this season will be another slog. How anyone can watch him and think he's a capable centre back is beyond me. Him starting today is a real worry.

2 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

I think there was some tacit acceptance the squad will not be fully in place by the time the league cup games start in that Q&A was there not? Or maybe the Sheerin interview?

I couldn't tell you but if thats true then thats not really an acceptable reason.  If it is I might just go into my work on Monday but let my gaffer and clients know that its probably going to be about half 10 before I do any work because I won't be ready yet.

Honestly my apathy towards the club is growing the closer we get to the season starting. 

Just now, Caractacus Potts said:

That’s not a positive reflection on our SD. They say they have 3 players identified for each position yet we’re just over a week away from our first competitive fixture and still look to be scrambling around.  Holts been in the job since January too. I thought that was the advantage of having an SD? 

We have a wizzo spreadsheet modelling our signings.

We will get a good look at a player we were offered that Corzo and M&M turned down against Arbroath. Dylan Patterson signed for them in the summer from Bo’ness after we refused to take a look at the lad for a couple of weeks when he wasn’t working. 
The lad came though the ranks at Rangers but went off the rails a bit when his brother died. 

28 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Without the Trialists we’d only have 3 or 4 subs so makes sense to keep them in the building till after the Arbroath game. 

Or the sensible option of actually replacing them with some decent trialists we might actually want to sign. 

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Or the sensible option of actually replacing them with some decent trialists we might actually want to sign. 

Agreed. Unless these are the best ones that would come along (hope not). 

Guest Caractacus Potts
7 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

We will get a good look at a player we were offered that Corzo and M&M turned down against Arbroath. Dylan Patterson signed for them in the summer from Bo’ness after we refused to take a look at the lad for a couple of weeks when he wasn’t working. 
The lad came though the ranks at Rangers but went off the rails a bit when his brother died. 

Any relation to Nathan? Would hope we’d have an eye on talent within the local area. That’s the biggest advantage we should have. If we can convince parents to let their kids come to Falkirk and persuade them they will have a better pathway here then it’s an easier decision to make rather than travelling afar. Despite being in League One we’re still the biggest club in a decent sized area with a lot schools in the vicinity. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

6 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Any relation to Nathan? Would hope we’d have an eye on talent within the local area. That’s the biggest advantage we should have. If we can convince parents to let their kids come to Falkirk and persuade them they will have a better pathway here then it’s an easier decision to make rather than travelling afar. Despite being in League One we’re still the biggest club in a decent sized area with a lot schools in the vicinity. 

No. The lad is from Bannockburn 

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Tbf I don’t think any of us who are realistic expects as to challenge for the league.

That alone shows how much we are just falling away as a club 

Was amazed when I heard we ignored him. Anyone within 10 miles of Stirling knows he is player. It was around the same time Jamie Penker was ignored, he just so happened to finish top scorer in the Lowland league.

Wouldn't surprise me if missing out on them, + a few others, had something to do with them trying to rush through a 'development team'.

7 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Was amazed when I heard we ignored him. Anyone within 10 miles of Stirling knows he is player. It was around the same time Jamie Penker was ignored, he just so happened to finish top scorer in the Lowland league.

Wouldn't surprise me if missing out on them, + a few others, had something to do with them trying to rush through a 'development team'.

Stories like this just make me so angry at those two thickos. Nice guys I'm sure, but they were never going to do anything last season, and the culpability for that dragging on so long is all the board's. 

5 year plan guys. Loads of years to get out of the 3rd tier, and it will give the Moneyball spreadsheet time to bed in…….provided no-one else is doing the self same thing……because then it becomes pretty much pointless.

34 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Tbf I don’t think any of us who are realistic expects as to challenge for the league.

If this is true the people running the club have literally taken us to the lowest ebe we have ever been. By far and away the biggest club in the league, biggest support, either the 1st or 2nd largest playing budget and one of only two full time clubs in the division yet our fans are accepting us NOT being able to challenge for the league. If we’re at that point I genuinely wish I hadn’t renewed my season ticket now. 

8 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

5 year plan guys. Loads of years to get out of the 3rd tier, and it will give the Moneyball spreadsheet time to bed in…….provided no-one else is doing the self same thing……because then it becomes pretty much pointless.

I’d presume the 5 year plan is to get to the premiership top 6…