The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Deans is a stooge for Colin liddell of the old msg. He brought him on board . Until the links with them are gone it is most definitely not a clean slate. The rest of the bod Rawlins apart are all deans  chums.  There's no great cross section of skills either. They are nearly all bean counters.

Who on earth in their right mind when wondering whether they should continue asks their mates. Feck me old deans did despite having presided over the worst season in over 40 years.  

He and his cronies have already scared off over double the amount of investment that Rawlins has sunk into the club . Despite struggling to get more than 30k of new investment out with the bod from selling the old msg shares . You only have to watch Tuesdays shambles to see what kind of rudderless ship they are trying to control.

we're a Scottish club in a working class town with a support of 10k max; the idea of getting to no "links" whatsoever between people with the acumen, resource and passion to lead the club is impractical.  Doesn't mean they are stooges.  To all intents, the board are fairly new; the main powers of Houston and Hartely era are gone.

Looks to me like they've made a mess of the manager appointment but no issue with bean counters being in charge (they aren't) which give the playing side the biggest budget in the league.  Holt has brought in utter dross and Sheerin is a youth team coach but I have some sympathy for the board as on paper they seem decent appointments.

I hope we get absolutely bodied by Peterhead on Saturday just to ramp up more pressure on these clowns. The only one who spoke relatively well was Phil Rawlins the rest of them can get in the sea. In no particular order. I'm still seething at that c**t Colburn. 

7 minutes ago, tirso said:

we're a Scottish club in a working class town with a support of 10k max; the idea of getting to no "links" whatsoever between people with the acumen, resource and passion to lead the club is impractical.  Doesn't mean they are stooges.  To all intents, the board are fairly new; the main powers of Houston and Hartely era are gone.

Looks to me like they've made a mess of the manager appointment but no issue with bean counters being in charge (they aren't) which give the playing side the biggest budget in the league.  Holt has brought in utter dross and Sheerin is a youth team coach but I have some sympathy for the board as on paper they seem decent appointments.

They in no way are decent appointments a kiddy coach and a guy with no experience of the role they've stuck him in. To say it's impossible to get a bod who aren't all mates and aren't linked to the old msg in any way is absolute rubbish. 

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

They in no way are decent appointments a kiddy coach and a guy with no experience of the role they've stuck him in. To say it's impossible to get a bod who aren't all mates and aren't linked to the old msg in any way is absolute rubbish. 

all mates and linked to the old msg?  There's literally no evidence of this.  Just made up.

What planet do you think has loads of separate factions of Falkirk FC supporters willing to put in major investment that have never crossed paths before with each other?  Get in the real world.

51 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm going by what you said. You said you had started a new and were healing.  I'm saying we need to do the same thing but we need to get the toxic part of the club cleansed first before we can do that.

That's my point who you thought was toxic in my club isn't. He just did something stupid

14 minutes ago, tirso said:

all mates and linked to the old msg?  There's literally no evidence of this.  Just made up.

What planet do you think has loads of separate factions of Falkirk FC supporters willing to put in major investment that have never crossed paths before with each other?  Get in the real world.

Their all pals of deans FFS. They are all his chums and his link to getting on the board was Colin Liddell. I'm in the real world your the one in cloud cukoo land if you think creating a board with all the same skill sets is a great idea. Any chairman worth his salt brings people on board with a vast array of skills . People with backgrounds in PR, marketing, finance and dare I say it even football etc not just a pile of pals from the finance sector. Deans has brought every one of these clowns on board and the club has gone backwards and is now in its worst state for over 40 years but your happy to say keep going boys your doing a damn fine job.

If deans wants to run the club he should put his money where his mouth is and invest a decent amount of money then he can waste his own money  instead of wasting everyone else's.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

7 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

That's my point who you thought was toxic in my club isn't. He just did something stupid

Aye just did something stupid. Problem with old toxic is he's desperate to get his nose in at any old club. I'll sniff about Falkirk then when I'm found out I'll disappear off to camelon and make an arse of it there.  I'll then return to Falkirk and sneak back in there . Why does he not just go and watch a team play football instead of constantly getting involved over his head and making a cant of it.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Their all pals of deans FFS. They are all his chums and his link to getting on the board was Colin Liddell. I'm in the real world your the one in cloud cukoo land if you think creating a board with all the same skill sets is a great idea. Any chairman worth his salt brings people on board with a vast array of skills . People with backgrounds in PR, marketing, finance and dare I say it even football etc not just a pile of pals from the finance sector. Deans has brought every one of these clowns on board and the club has gone backwards and is now in its worst state for over 40 years but your happy to say keep going boys your doing a damn fine job.

I dont think they've done a good job with the manager's choice and the Holt position.  But i have some sympathy as they're not expected to pick the players.  They provide the funds.  You'd think even Holt and Sheerin could recruit good enough players to win the league with the budget they have (and multi year deal offers).

I'm frustrated with the results like everyone else.  I just don't think another major board change is what's required a year or so hence from the last.  I also think some falkirk fans are acting like over-sensitive school children.  A board has the temerity to defend itself against some fairly crap questions on the whole.  Damned if they do, damned if they didn't.  A few fans having a greet about someone decrying booing are going crazy over a polite rebuttal in a Q&A.

Maybe you're right though; there's a great unseen hand that gets its kicks out of conspiring to maintain control of a League 1 Scottish football club for no obvious reason.  Of course it's pish, we both want better and Falkirk fans deserve better; we're just disagreeing on the next course of action.  I think I would probably be in favour of removing Holt from his position.  It's not worked; the results aren't there.  By his own admission we've missed out on loads of targets and the spine of the team is abysmal.     

42 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I hope we get absolutely bodied by Peterhead on Saturday just to ramp up more pressure on these clowns. The only one who spoke relatively well was Phil Rawlins the rest of them can get in the sea. In no particular order. I'm still seething at that c**t Colburn. 

Swinney was ok to be fair, though he obviously didn’t say much. 

15 minutes ago, tirso said:

I dont think they've done a good job with the manager's choice and the Holt position.  But i have some sympathy as they're not expected to pick the players.  They provide the funds.  You'd think even Holt and Sheerin could recruit good enough players to win the league with the budget they have (and multi year deal offers).

I'm frustrated with the results like everyone else.  I just don't think another major board change is what's required a year or so hence from the last.  I also think some falkirk fans are acting like over-sensitive school children.  A board has the temerity to defend itself against some fairly crap questions on the whole.  Damned if they do, damned if they didn't.  A few fans having a greet about someone decrying booing are going crazy over a polite rebuttal in a Q&A.

Maybe you're right though; there's a great unseen hand that gets its kicks out of conspiring to maintain control of a League 1 Scottish football club for no obvious reason.  Of course it's pish, we both want better and Falkirk fans deserve better; we're just disagreeing on the next course of action.  I think I would probably be in favour of removing Holt from his position.  It's not worked; the results aren't there.  By his own admission we've missed out on loads of targets and the spine of the team is abysmal.     

Deans won't get rid of Holt he's his number one cheer leader .  As I said  the board if they want to run the club should poney up the cash and invest the same amount they knocked back from the NB group.  They'te  a complete  joke though especially when it comes to dealing with fans, fan groups and interested investors . Deans recording meetings with investors without asking them. Colborne lieing to fans regarding whether he knew the size of the sum that was to be invested . Then you add the horrendous way they treated the crunchie initiative guys too. They aren't the type of people I want running our club that's for sure.

But hey ho I suppose having 3 strips makes every all right.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Deans won't get rid of Holt he's his number one cheer leader .  As I said  the board if they want to run the club should poney up the cash and invest the same amount they knocked back from the NB group.  There a joke. Deans recording meetings with investors without asking them. Colborne lieing to fans regarding whether he knew the size of the sum that was to be invested . Then you add the horrendous way they treated the crunchie initiative guys too. They aren't the type of people I want runningy club that's for sure.

Ach you might be right.  They'll be judged on how Holt and Sheering get on and will need to make the hard decision at some point.  I would like to have heard more hard hitting questions (like the crunchie initiative issues and more on the NBG) in the Q&A.  Some made a few insinuations about too much money in the mgmt, not in the playing staff without using sufficient facts from the accounts.   

6 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Easton is a good example of the players you should be approaching.  Good players from the league or two below. Trying to sign Robinson and McManus then ending up with Wilson and Ruth is definitely an issue. 

Its great eh.

Target players in their late 20s and dropping down the leagues, then wonder why the ones you do get are half arsed.