The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Senor Bairn said:

I know we're in the shite, but I'd take being in the shite for the next 5 years over signing that scumbag. 

I’d take being relegated to league 2 over it. Genuinely over the moon. It’s like a marquee signing. 

Guest TedCrilly
1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Relief is they keyword. I genuinely believe that we were also in for him but he’s chose the club in a higher division.
Maybe, just maybe, being in League One has been a blessing for just once…..

We will never truly know, I suppose. I’m at the point where I don’t care either. Total relief.

So we've brought 5 players in and 5 players have gone out. On the whole the players we've brought in so far are better than what we had but some key areas still don't seem to have been addressed. We obviously still have space to bring in another 3 loans so lets hope someone decent falls out of favour in the premiership before the end of February.

The two goals we lost on Saturday were poor but I reckon the defence is in a much better place with the signings Rennie has made. Mutch & Dixon coming back will also be a boost.

It's been glaringly obvious for years we've been missing a bit of legs in the middle of the park and we've definitely not plugged that gap as of yet. Jacobs will be a good addition but we still need somebody else in there especially with us playing the 3. 

We play with two upfront under Rennie but now only have Dowds, Kabia & an out of position Morrison as our options upfront. 

In
ATS
Mills
Watson
Jacobs
Kabia

Out
Hall
Krasniqi
Mcdaid
Ruth
Keena

Just now, bairn88 said:

I was about to write a long post about how after a promising middle this window has turned into maybe a 7/10.

Couldnt care less now though. Great end to the day and I can continue supporting this club 💙

Wait till quarter to five on Saturday. Fleeting moments of happiness tend to be short lived. Getting back to reality we were dugshite on Saturday and have the same personnel minus Hall. Sorry.

Guest Ecosse83
1 hour ago, 1876 ffc said:

So is anyone happy with Rennie’s transfer (or lack off) business?

Can I change my answer? We’ve had a bloody marvellous transfer window 😂

Remember the desperation coming out of Kirkcaldy trying to ensure they got that promotion place to our expense, even coming out with how it’s time to restructure the leagues to allow both clubs to be promoted and no relegation, then quickly taking the opposite position as soon as promotion was confirmed?
Now the same club are so desperate to get promoted to the premiership that they will do absolutely anything to make it happen whilst shafting their own life long supporters by telling them one thing then doing the opposite.
Honestly, I genuinely feel sorry for their decent supporters tonight but if ever a club reaps what it sows it’s Raith Rovers….

33 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Thank f**k.

Still a riddy that the club tried to get him and that shouldn’t be forgotten amongst all of this.

It's a riddy. But Rennie thought could fire us to promotion too. I'm no convinced he didn't have all his eggs in the one basket with this. 

56 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Honestly, I genuinely feel sorry for their decent supporters tonight but if ever a club reaps what it sows it’s Raith Rovers….

Was that a typo, or did you genuinely mean “reaps”?

Just been on Raith twitter - you’ve dodged a HUGE bullet.  So have we to be honest, he would probably have rattled in  a few against us before the end of the season… 

some things mean more than football, not many, but this is one of them.  Wondering why you were even In for him knowing this…. 

We will never know for sure. The one sure thing is that we didn’t sign him, but a manager and Board of another club did………and it’s a Board and manager with a growing reputation for going as low as it’s possible to go.

League position is temporary…….and it always will be. However, this single act by a club that likes to bang the “family and community club”  drum, will bring about spite and ridicule that will stay with them for many years…..and deservedly so.

The club would like to welcome striker David Goodwillie to Raith Rovers FC as a signed player on a permanent deal until the end of season 2023-24.

Raith Rovers manager John McGlynn commented “I have worked with David before and he has a proven track record as a goalscorer throughout his career at every level. We know from matches against Clyde in League 1 that he always carried a goal threat. 
Signing him, I believe, is crucial to the club’s promotion push in our quest to reach the SPFL Premiership – it is a great signing for Raith Rovers as a club, as David is the top goal scorer in Scotland.
Every striker at the club will benefit greatly from his experience in matches and training”

We thank Clyde FC for their co – operation in concluding this signing.