The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest TedCrilly

We’ve yet to lay a glove on the current top 4 and our form over the past quarter contains victories only against the bottom 3 within that form table. We absolutely must improve performances and results against the top half to stand a chance or we will deservedly miss out on the playoffs. A new centre mid being recruited could be vital in changing our fortunes. I’d be very confident of making the playoffs with the right signing being made. 

37 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

We’ve yet to lay a glove on the current top 4 and our form over the past quarter contains victories only against the bottom 3 within that form table. We absolutely must improve performances and results against the top half to stand a chance or we will deservedly miss out on the playoffs. A new centre mid being recruited could be vital in changing our fortunes. I’d be very confident of making the playoffs with the right signing being made. 

I'm confident of making the playoffs with the signings that we have already made though a combative centre mid would be a big boost.

3 hours ago, sick boy said:

Might have misread your post BPM, seemed you were inferring a team below us will finish above us and qp?

Was replying to someone who answered my QP will draw themselves out of the play offs. 
If we didn’t finish above QP my argument was that someone else would with all their draws

Edited by Back Post Misses

3 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

Griffiths not even featuring in that bounce game is a worry, especially since he was the one that mentioned it and is looking for game time. I would have thought the whole point of it was to get him in the team and work on a system with him in it. 

I wouldn’t read anything into him not playing. Looked more like an exercise for us to give a run to those completely out the picture. When Holt is in goals, Wilson at RB, Opreon upfront, Ross in midfield I am not sure it was for what we thought it was. 

3 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

Griffiths not even featuring in that bounce game is a worry, especially since he was the one that mentioned it and is looking for game time. I would have thought the whole point of it was to get him in the team and work on a system with him in it. 

It could equally be viewed as a risk not worth taking. Playing in a bounce game an picking up an injury that could keep him out for anything from a couple of weeks to a couple of months would have been met with outrage, and “what was MR thinking in risking him in a “nothing” game?”

LG had a very slight knock and wasn’t risked. No issues from what I hear and fully expect him in the squad on Saturday. Be interesting to see if he starts and if he does, who drops out. 

As BPM mentions, was a very different starting X1 on Friday versus the Tuesday and sounds like a good run out for those boys. Ompreon loving the fact he scored on his IG page I see. Not sure he’ll score in a first team game tbh but we live in hope (if he gets a run out again). 

Guest TedCrilly

Morrison confirming on Instagram he’s had another injury setback. Real shame for the lad as he’s not managed to get a run of games all season.  

Edited by TedCrilly

8 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

QP have Montrose, East Fife and Peterhead to play twice. Of their 12 remaining games, they have 7 at home, 5 away.

We have Cove, East Fife and Peterhead to play twice. Of our 12 remaining games we have 6 home, 6 away.

In terms of fixtures, you would say they have a slight advantage in playing Montrose twice while we have Cove twice. I don’t think their 7 home games is much of an advantage given it’s not their home, and it looks like a complete tattie field.

Queens park one touch passing against us recently was an unfortunate for me but a joy to watch for a neutral.  I don't think they have the players to roll up sleeves and dig in the trenches for the home pitch or perhaps the mentality. The way they fell out of our recent game perhaps shown why they have drawn a ridiculous amount of games.

The end of the day, whoever wins most games from now till may will win their places in the league top to bottom, Cove would have to have a Holtesque collapse to not be champions.

22 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Met Rutherford in Grahamston station after we lost 2 nil to Raith in 1989. I was just chatting away about prospects for the season, and he hardly spoke, he was so painfully shy it was a tough conversation. 

I was talking to few of the players from the era at a charity event a few years back and none of them have heard from him and most of them still keep in touch.