The Falkirk FC Thread

On 10/02/2022 at 10:28, FFC 1876 said:

Meekison, Pollock & Mochrie all unused subs for their respective teams last night.

RenKen make it happen!

On Kabia lets just enjoy him whilst he's here and what will be, will be in the summer. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE3wTj7dnW8

Mochrie finding gametime limited at United, always seems to be a lot of talk about him coming to falkirk parents are local I believe, going on those clips would be a good fit for both clubs?

12 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

a play off win against hartley then a final against dunfermline to relegate the c***s will have made the last 4 years entirely worthwhile 

We would need finish higher than 4th for that to happen, stranger things have happened tho.

Montrose generally don't have long term periods off form but bottle play offs. Airdrie albeit have improved this season can be a bit mixed bag.

I can't see Cove slipping up, 10 goal swing in GD to Airdrie and haven't lost a home league game.

Queens park pitch at Partick will hurt them.

If we can get a tune out of Griffiths for me is our biggest chance, he shouldn't be at this level at his age.

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

We would need finish higher than 4th for that to happen, stranger things have happened tho.

Montrose generally don't have long term periods off form but bottle play offs. Airdrie albeit have improved this season can be a bit mixed bag.

I can't see Cove slipping up, 10 goal swing in GD to Airdrie and haven't lost a home league game.

Queens park pitch at Partick will hurt them.

If we can get a tune out of Griffiths for me is our biggest chance, he shouldn't be at this level at his age.

if Griffiths hits any kind of form and our defence can keep it together we should hopefully make the playoffs.  In the play offs, I don't think any team would relish playing a team with griffiths in it, even if he is suffering patchy form.  

I guess the one thing that will be interesting to see is if teams concentrate on trying to keep griffiths quiet and it free's up others.  Anyone know if he played the 90 mins in the bounce game?

26 minutes ago, MetalWolf said:

if Griffiths hits any kind of form and our defence can keep it together we should hopefully make the playoffs.  In the play offs, I don't think any team would relish playing a team with griffiths in it, even if he is suffering patchy form.  

I guess the one thing that will be interesting to see is if teams concentrate on trying to keep griffiths quiet and it free's up others.  Anyone know if he played the 90 mins in the bounce game?

I have no idea. I know it’s L1, but it’s been quite a while since (quite literally from nowhere) we have a front 3 that given the right service, could cause absolute mayhem in the remaining games. 
It would be a brave defence that leaves less than 5 at the back with those three on the pitch at the same time.

This could all go flat as a pancake if we get beat on Saturday, but a win just might get the momentum rolling. I am just hanging onto MR not building yet another false dawn. If we were to win, I don’t really care that much if QP beat EF, because they will know that we are really after them.

If the planets were truly to align in the most unlikely of ways, and we win and QP don’t………then I think QPs tea might well be oot.

On 14/02/2022 at 02:36, Bairnardo said:

Imagine going up against Hartley in the playoffs.... I dont know if I have room in my heart for that amount of hate

Loathsome wee greaser that he is most of my 'hate' would still be directed towards the imbeciles at Board level that were pulling the strings at the time.

11 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I have no idea. I know it’s L1, but it’s been quite a while since (quite literally from nowhere) we have a front 3 that given the right service, could cause absolute mayhem in the remaining games. 
It would be a brave defence that leaves less than 5 at the back with those three on the pitch at the same time.

This could all go flat as a pancake if we get beat on Saturday, but a win just might get the momentum rolling. I am just hanging onto MR not building yet another false dawn. If we were to win, I don’t really care that much if QP beat EF, because they will know that we are really after them.

If the planets were truly to align in the most unlikely of ways, and we win and QP don’t………then I think QPs tea might well be oot.

Even if the results don't go our way on Saturday it would still be possible for us to catch them, still 30 points to play for after Saturday.

13 hours ago, MetalWolf said:

He didn’t play at all

QP have Montrose, East Fife and Peterhead to play twice. Of their 12 remaining games, they have 7 at home, 5 away.

We have Cove, East Fife and Peterhead to play twice. Of our 12 remaining games we have 6 home, 6 away.

In terms of fixtures, you would say they have a slight advantage in playing Montrose twice while we have Cove twice. I don’t think their 7 home games is much of an advantage given it’s not their home, and it looks like a complete tattie field.

50 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

QP have Montrose, East Fife and Peterhead to play twice. Of their 12 remaining games, they have 7 at home, 5 away.

We have Cove, East Fife and Peterhead to play twice. Of our 12 remaining games we have 6 home, 6 away.

In terms of fixtures, you would say they have a slight advantage in playing Montrose twice while we have Cove twice. I don’t think their 7 home games is much of an advantage given it’s not their home, and it looks like a complete tattie field.

They will draw themselves out of the play offs 

52 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Could also argue that we are a better team away from home. The home and away league table would certainly suggest so. 

47 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:
They will draw themselves out of the play offs 

Only if we are winning games. If not, they will draw themselves into the playoffs.

No because someone else will pass us both