The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Just try to think of the type and quality of candidate who would be willing to work as a Head Coach under Rennie as DOF. The mind truly boggles. Frightening.

No more structures. No more DOF. A proper, actual, experienced football manager please.

I don't know why this is so difficult to see. Even duffer Mckinnon had us performing at miles above the level the last 3 "managers" have been able to. A Johnston, Mcintyre or Wright would see us better than 6th/7th next season imo...

Just now, bairn88 said:

Even duffer Mckinnon had us performing at miles above the level the last 3 "managers" have been able to

No he fucking didn't.

Yet more revisionist bollocks.

41 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

We’ve qualified and played in Europe 7 times playing against players like Rep, Gullit, Cryuff, Platini, Batiston and others.

You mean the Ruud Gullit who was racially abused and spat on by St. Mirren supporters while playing for Feyenoord against St. Mirren and called it "the saddest night of my life'. That Ruud Gullit?

Stuart Kennedy? [emoji848]
Not even fit to lace Archie’s boots.
Archie scored as many goals for Scotland as Kennedy had caps.
Go and post your comment about Archie’s goal not being the best in that game on the Tartan Army sub forum you mutant.
I remember speaking to Johnny Rep at Love St in 1980 when he was playing for St Etienne and even he said he had a poster of Archie on his wall after that goal.
It is one of the greatest individual goals you will ever see at a World Cup.
Wee Archie also went on to help Forest win the European Cup.
Another local lad and St Mirren “S” form Paul Lambert won the Scottish Cup at 17 and went onto win the Champions League.
Must be something in the water down Paisley way!
We’ve qualified and played in Europe 7 times playing against players like Rep, Gullit, Cryuff, Platini, Batiston and others.
Your European record against a team from Lichtenstein is shambolic.
Maybe you can organise a dinner to celebrate that feat. 

We are the only Scottish team to have a 100% home record in European competitions and that is likely to remain intact.

1 minute ago, Bairn in Exile said:

You mean the Ruud Gullit who was racially abused and spat on by St. Mirren supporters while playing for Feyenoord against St. Mirren and called it "the saddest night of my life'. That Ruud Gullit?

Totally reprehensible behaviour by certain individuals. We can only go on Gullits comments as no charges were made after the game.

Football fans behaviour  in Scotland in the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s was rife with racism as well you know.

I could bring up Falkirk fans behaviour with their disability hate abuse of Dean Sheils disability in 2018 or disgusting chanting about Norrie McCathie’s sad death if you want to go back further?

We all have our problem elements in our support.

I’m 100% certain that you will have had “supporters” who have dished out racist, sectarian, homophobic, disability abuse in the past just like St Mirren. 

It’s wrong to say otherwise.

I trust that this is not classed as trolling @Andy Dufresne as I’ve just responded.

24 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I will be apoplectic with rage if Rennie is kept on in any role. I wouldn't even let him organise the half time oranges.

I'll be even more seething if it does happen and in a year's time we have the failure apologists coming out with shite like "it was worth a try, wonder where we go from here COYB".

His reputation as a ball boy has lasted for decades so he must have been OK at that. Deploy him on the East Side when we are chasing a goal IMO. 

1 hour ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Stuart Kennedy? 🤔

Not even fit to lace Archie’s boots.

Archie scored as many goals for Scotland as Kennedy had caps.

Go and post your comment about Archie’s goal not being the best in that game on the Tartan Army sub forum you mutant.

I remember speaking to Johnny Rep at Love St in 1980 when he was playing for St Etienne and even he said he had a poster of Archie on his wall after that goal.

It is one of the greatest individual goals you will ever see at a World Cup.

Wee Archie also went on to help Forest win the European Cup.

Another local lad and St Mirren “S” form Paul Lambert won the Scottish Cup at 17 and went onto win the Champions League.

Must be something in the water down Paisley way!

Your European record against a team from Lichtenstein is shambolic.

Maybe you can organise a dinner to celebrate that feat. 

Fuckin #rattled. 😂🤣🤣

He was integral to the success of the club in the late 1970s, but was dropped for the 1979 European Cup Final. Gemmill referred to the decision later:[6]

I was devastated at the time. I was led to believe I'd be playing in the match... I was far from happy. I hated every minute of the 90 and I hated afterwards as well.

He DIDN'T help Forest win the European Cup & got papped off to Birmingham😉

Edited by kiddy

21 minutes ago, grumpyoldman said:

We are the only Scottish team to have a 100% home record in European competitions and that is likely to remain intact.

……..and we were holders of the world transfer fee record. We might have to wait for a while for a Scottish club to equal it.

16 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

That’s a brilliant piece of trivia! Take a bow.

Quick. Organise a dinner!

You really are a needy wee fucker. Get yourself a pal. Join a camera club, do something worthwhile with your time.

You just have to make a reply, snap your fingers, and there he is, back again like an obedient spaniel less than a minute later. Holy f**k.

C5AB3BC0-40FB-4461-97C4-68329A23560F.jpeg

Edited by Duncan Freemason