The Falkirk FC Thread

I said my favourite player since stainrod it is of course a matter of opinion...you have guys in there that imo don't deserve to be above loy...Colin Samuel ? Scott crabbe? Never in a million years

Loy never did anything near what Samuel achieved in 30 minutes for Falkirk. That performance alone has him up there. Never seen a Falkirk player as unplayable as he was that day.

Crabbe had two superb seasons for us before, like Loy, taking the dollar at Livingston.

What did Loy really achieve for us? Scored a brilliant goal at Tynecastle. My abiding memory for us is missing two vital PK's that had been converted we would have won the league.

As I said he was decent, worked hard but did he do anything really memorable that will live in the memory na.

Just finished reading that, great piece. His refusal to even go in to the Morrisons where Brockville once stood is superb.

Link here for anyone else whose not seen it:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/falkirk/interview-kevin-mcallister-still-grieving-end-of-brockville-1-4002614

I was at that game btw - the one that's mentioned where Kenny Dalglish scored to win the League for Liverpool at Stamford Bridge in 1986.

Austin just scored for East Fife at Annan. Going from their Twitter updates it seems he hit the post before the rebound was put in for the first, too.

Took in the Annan game and paid particular attention to Austin. Conditions were very difficult but he had an outstanding first half. Neat flicks, strong, quick and good in the air too. I suspect you guys have got yourself a player there. If I was to pick a fault he should have made it five when clean through on goal second half but placed his shot wide of target.

Took in the Annan game and paid particular attention to Austin. Conditions were very difficult but he had an outstanding first half. Neat flicks, strong, quick and good in the air too. I suspect you guys have got yourself a player there. If I was to pick a fault he should have made it five when clean through on goal second half but placed his shot wide of target.

Was daydreaming of playing beside Kevin Ohara

The effort yesterday shows the turn around in the club IMO.

Everyone pulling together, determination to beat the weather and communication excellent. It would not have happened 2 or 3 years ago. Ok it was on TV and it would cost us money not to get it on but it seems to have been extremely well run. Great opportunity again to showcase the club.

This shows the value of the artificial surface. Grass not chance and if it had been cleared then the pitch would have been ruined.

Let hope the players see the efforts put in and give the fans the result they deserve.

How would it have cost you money? Or are you just talking about a lower crowd for a midweek rearrangement?

Surprising how many people still think you get extra cash for a league game being televised. No doubt the crowd would be lower midweek, unless it was re-arranged for a time when both teams were still in touching distance.

How would it have cost you money? Or are you just talking about a lower crowd for a midweek rearrangement?

Cancellation of hospitality to start with. Refunding tickets for those unable to make replayed game secondly. Edited by Back Post Misses

Surprising how many people still think you get extra cash for a league game being televised. No doubt the crowd would be lower midweek, unless it was re-arranged for a time when both teams were still in touching distance.

I know perfectly well that you don't get extra cash for league games, not that that would effect Cowdenbeath

Cheers for that. Hopefully he'll be able to make the step up next season for us.