The Falkirk FC Thread

Falkirk fans :lol:

We dropped our interest in Austin in favour of Arturo. Might prove to be a mistake but he didn't "choose Falkirk over Dundee" as much as that fits your dated "we're a big club" psyche.

Good move for Austin and he has far more chance of breaking into a frontline comprising Baird and o'hara than Hemmings, loy and Stewart.

As for the lads desperate for Loy to be failing - he's looked comfortable at this level prior to and following his injured spell. Approximately twice the player of John Baird IMO who is a prolific championship striker but sorely lacking at the next level.

The fact Mark Kerr and John Baird are seen as a stand outs tells its own story of the quality in the championship.

Don't think I've actually watched Thomson play this decade or if I did I wasn't aware. Take it he isn't the player he once was?

Kevin Thomson was our best player.

You need to accept he isn't gonna be fit every match but an absolute class act.

I'm gutted tbh but can see the sense.

He's worked with McDonaugh and Maybury before and it'd involve coaching as well I believe. He was brilliant for Dundee when fit and would be worth registering pay as you play even if he's not an automatic first choice. Imo anyway. I don't think he'll choose us over Hibs but we shall see.

Signing Kevin Thomson would be a kick in the baws for some of our players IMO. Kerr and Vaulks have been outstanding, plus the addition of McGrandles only makes us stronger. If there was ever a injury crisis, put faith in young Blair

I'll admit I thought Kerr was done when he signed for queens till I saw him control the game at tfs...I was still doubtful about signing him but anyone that doesn't think mark Kerr is a vital cog in this team knows f**k all about fitba...he has an excellent first touch & is especially good at killing a high ball..then he keeps it simple ..short sharp passes..I would even say this mark Kerr is more influential than the original ..so anyway we don't need that fat w**k Thomson

Falkirk fans :lol:

We dropped our interest in Austin in favour of Arturo. Might prove to be a mistake but he didn't "choose Falkirk over Dundee" as much as that fits your dated "we're a big club" psyche.

Good move for Austin and he has far more chance of breaking into a frontline comprising Baird and o'hara than Hemmings, loy and Stewart.

As for the lads desperate for Loy to be failing - he's looked comfortable at this level prior to and following his injured spell. Approximately twice the player of John Baird IMO who is a prolific championship striker but sorely lacking at the next level.

The fact Mark Kerr and John Baird are seen as a stand outs tells its own story of the quality in the championship.

No-one really cares (I certainly don't) whether he chose us over you or not, the fact he's coming at all is the only thing that's important.

Who are these 'lads' desparate for Loy to fail? You'll need to explain that a little further. I'm sure most of us would agree he deserved a shot at the top flight and want him to succeed.

Neither are stand outs. Both are having good seasons in a good team, that's all.

No-one really cares (I certainly don't) whether he chose us over you or not, the fact he's coming at all is the only thing that's important.

Who are these 'lads' desparate for Loy to fail? You'll need to explain that a little further. I'm sure most of us would agree he deserved a shot at the top flight and want him to succeed.

Neither are stand outs. Both are having good seasons in a good team, that's all.

Agree with this. Loy was excellent for us, and I honestly think we would have won the Scottish Cup if he'd been fully fit. I want to see him succeed and not fail, except when he's playing against us, obviously.

To be honest I'm more disappointed that Loy doesn't seem to be getting a game for Dundee as to me hes a quality player that also runs his arse off for you for 90 mins. Unfortunately he seems to have become very injury prone since he picked up a bad one at Queens in the cup last season. Baird and Kerr both have their limitations but in the championship you need guys that have been over the course before. And the quality this season is far better than it was when Dundee scraped over the line a couple of years back. That team would be mid table in this years competition at best.

Think Falkirk signing Austin is a good move for club and player. A good step up for Nathan but a club where he'll probably get a good bit of playing time.

He's come on so far in the past couple of years. On his day he's close to unplayable. His consistency has improved hugely recently and if he can improve it even more I'm sure he can go very far in the game.

I'm pretty confident Falkirk fans won't regret this signing.