The Falkirk FC Thread

Great signing and a real signal of intent I feel. He's high energy and is technically pretty decent as well. He's well liked in the dressing room too so will be good for morale.

I just hope that

1) We're not selling Vaulks or Sibbald and this is the cover

2) We are going to stick with two up front and not drop O'Hara/Miller to accomodate

With Taiwo coming back as well we look really strong in the midfield now. I'm not a huge Alston fan but it'd be really harsh to drop anyone just now.

Tis my fear he plays McGrandles like he did last time as an attacking mid and drop a striker, I personally don't feel Houstie used McGrandles to his greatest strength last time out, for me he should be in the centre, he's very disciplined and has an uncanny knack of winning a lot of tackles and being strong in the tackle albeit looking about 6 stone.

We await and see, great signing tho

Tis my fear he plays McGrandles like he did last time as an attacking mid and drop a striker, I personally don't feel Houstie used McGrandles to his greatest strength last time out, for me he should be in the centre, he's very disciplined and has an uncanny knack of winning a lot of tackles and being strong in the tackle albeit looking about 6 stone.

We await and see, great signing tho

When has Houstie ever used McGrandles? Didn't he sell him as soon as he came in?

Anyway, I think Taiwo is a must start, which brings me back towards the idea of a 3-5-2 with Vaulks as a hybrid defender/holding midfielder

Rogers

Duffie-McCracken-Grant-Leahy

Vaulks

Taiwo-McGrandles-Sibbs

Any two from Baird/Miller/O'Hara/McHugh

When has Houstie ever used McGrandles? Didn't he sell him as soon as he came in?

Anyway, I think Taiwo is a must start, which brings me back towards the idea of a 3-5-2 with Vaulks as a hybrid defender/holding midfielder

Rogers

Vaulks

Taiwo-McGrandles-Sibbs

No mark Kerr? He has been an absolute stand out in the last 6 games.

Rogers

Vaulks

Taiwo-McGrandles-Sibbs

Just looks like a 4-4-2 to me, are you including Duffie and Leahy in the midfield?

Rogers

Vaulks

Taiwo-McGrandles-Sibbs

That's nothing like a 3-5-2

Rogers

Vaulks

Taiwo-McGrandles-Sibbs

Behave yourself

Trialist right back playing for U20's against Hamilton this evening. Any idea who it could be?

Twitter chatter suggests it's Dean Brett from Cowdenbeath

Just looks like a 4-4-2 to me, are you including Duffie and Leahy in the midfield?

That's nothing like a 3-5-2

Duffie and Leahy as wing backs, McCracken and Grant as Centre-halves and Vaulks in a free role

Rogers

Vaulks

Taiwo-McGrandles-Sibbs

Houston sold McGrandles? If rumours were to be believed He nearly resigned he was that pissed off

Doyle signed a short term deal so he could play for Alloa v Raith. Dont know if it was just for the one game. We would prob get Brett for a nominal fee or a pca.

You can't sign a contract for a period any less than 28 days. Though you could potentially sign for 28 days and mutually cancel it earlier I think