The Falkirk FC Thread

Since we appear to be scouting the lower leagues now, does anyone know if that El Bahktoui has signed a pre contract or contract extension yet? He would be a great signing if we could get him on a pre contract

Don't think that would happen tbh. Providing we get promoted our wage budget would be pretty similar. Unless you were to offer some good money during this window I don't think he'd see it as much of a step up as he wants, or a big enough jump in wages that his agent think he warrants.

We're not offering contracts until we are mathematically guaranteed of promotion, I'd be shocked though if we haven't made contact with players with regards to what contract we'd offer them providing we get promoted.

Fwiw I reckon he'll be away to Hibs, his recent cup performances seem to have raised his profile so he could potentially jump straight to the top tier, would be surprised if Ross County aren't sniffing around.

Someone is gonnae throw a few bob his and Dunfermlines way and it's gonnae turn out he's just a 1 season wonder in the seaside league.

He can join a massive list of other forwards who looked great against part time defenders when in a winning team that's miles better than everyone else around.

If FFC or anyone for that matter was interested I'd get him in for a trial and play him in a few bounce games against decent standard teams 1st before offering that contract.

Edited by Gaz FFC

Big assumptions when you've just signed Fash.

He's performed well against Ross County, Dundee and Dundee Utd this season so that probably doesn't really fit in with your bullshit assumptions tbh.

I'd take anything Gaz says with a pinch of salt.

FWIW though; this guy will likely have suitors that will be far more appealing to him than ourselves, unless we were to get promoted. He'll likely end up with a bottom six Premiership club at some point this summer.

I'd expect someone from the top flight will pick him up for next to nothing when his contract runs out. Seems to be doing well but would be too much of a gamble for us to pay what Dunfermline would want at the moment if we could even afford that. Austin was a nominal fee so we won't be losing much if he ends up to be not up to the job.

Dean Brett to sign at the start of the week.

I don't think he will sign in January although I don't want to ask his father incase he is.

Good player for us over a few seasons, great commitment and likes to play decent football. Can play right back or midfield and would improve playing in a decent Falkirk team.

Big assumptions when you've just signed Fash.

He's performed well against Ross County, Dundee and Dundee Utd this season so that probably doesn't really fit in with your bullshit assumptions tbh.

I've seen him play against County and he looked good in that game.

I also watched Colin Samuel make a c**t out of a £9M Gk and a Scotland CB before being a duck out of water when he signed for an SPL team 13 years ago.

Don't see why you get so upset that your current hero might not be that great when he makes 2 steps up.

We are regularly told that at championship level you're nowhere near as good as topflight level.

FWIW though; this guy will likely have suitors that will be far more appealing to him than ourselves, unless we were to get promoted. He'll likely end up with a bottom six Premiership club at some point this summer.

Seems the most likely route, due to him being somewhat unexperienced in eleven a side he needs to go to a team who are short on strikers, going to Hibs with the abundance of strikers they have would be a bad mood.

I'd take anything Gaz says with a pinch of salt.

Noted.