The Falkirk FC Thread

Alston is staying. The club need his industry and drive. If he went we would miss him more than losing Sibbs who can be good then disappear for a few games

Nah I'd rather have sibbald every day of the week. and I think alstons a great player. Gave us some amazing memories, the best at east end park with one of the last kicks of the ball.

Doesn't mean he's better than sibbald who is something else.

We have the same issue with Sibbald that we have with Alston in my mind. Neither are really utilised in their best positions so we never really get the best out of either of them . To often Sibbald gets the ball wide left on the half way line surrounded by two or three opposition players. He's really an ideal no 10 playing in the hole just behind a striker. At the edge of the box is where he does all his best work but we don't get him into that area on nearly enough occasions.

St Johnstone favourites to sign him, according to the Mail

Wife is telling me there's no chance of St Johnstone paying anything, for anyone, ever, and we'd be due compensation so think they'd be out.

Of course she could be talking shite.

Wife is telling me there's no chance of St Johnstone paying anything, for anyone, ever, and we'd be due compensation so think they'd be out.

Haven't paid a fee for a wee while, but we have made bids for players. We made an offer for James Dunne in the summer of 2014 after his loan spell, but got gazumped by Portsmouth. Rumours that we had offers knocked back for Northern Irish players in the summer too.

I'd be pretty delighted with Alston - always rated him and I can see where he fits into our midfield. Hope we get him.

Edited by Kyle

I'd hope that with our current financial situation being very good that we could at least compete with some of the smaller sides in the top flight. If Alston was to move on I'd like to think he'd be moving on to a real step up and not to sides playing in front of crowds nearly half what we're getting.

He runs about a lot which impresses people. Plenty of effort and he produces big moments at key times. He'd have a brilliant YouTube highlight video. His touch is pretty poor most of the time though and he doesn't have a great footballing brain imo. I quite like him but if he goes it'd not be a huge loss.

Wouldn't be too bothered if Alston went tbh. Don't get wrong I'd rather he stayed but don't see it as a big loss. There will be plenty of 'Alston type' players looking for clubs in the summer.

Eta - Marsh getting in there before I could post.

Edited by Bairney The Dinosaur

He runs about a lot which impresses people. Plenty of effort and he produces big moments at key times. He'd have a brilliant YouTube highlight video. His touch is pretty poor most of the time though and he doesn't have a great footballing brain imo. I quite like him but if he goes it'd not be a huge loss.

This exactly.

I'd hope that with our current financial situation being very good that we could at least compete with some of the smaller sides in the top flight. If Alston was to move on I'd like to think he'd be moving on to a real step up and not to sides playing in front of crowds nearly half what we're getting.

Crowd chat :lol:

We've qualified for Europe in each of the last 4 seasons and won a major trophy. We also play in a higher division than Falkirk currently do. If Falkirk don't come up, it's clearly a step up by any measure other than the number of folk watching him in a half empty stadium. :lol:

This is more or less what we've built our success on over a few years. We've had guys like Millar, Davidson etc that offer a lot in terms of work rate, but they're maybe not as good technically as their opposition. They still win the midfield battle 9 times out of 10. The descriptions I'm reading fit what suits us in a midfielder, so I hope there's something in this. If Alston is a big game player, then all the better

Sounds like something a ross county fan would say

No that was changed some years back - the right to compensation ends in the season in which the player's 23rd birthday falls.

Thanks. That's a bummer. Not too fussed if he goes, but it would have been nice to get some cash.

Why would he want to play in the championship over the premiership? If he has any ambition he will clearly move on.