The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

Wouldn’t like to go into the new season without a RB, unless McGlynn has someone set in stone to come in. 

If we're waiting for real quality that's likely to come then I'd be fine with Yeats for a game or 2. 

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

Yeah.

With how decent Accies looked in the playoffs and their signings so far I'd have them clear league favourites atm

I don't remember us getting beat by Alloa last season. 

Edited by FFC 1876

Guest Ecosse83
1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

Yeah.

With how decent Accies looked in the playoffs and their signings so far I'd have them clear league favourites atm

Looking at signings I’d have Hamilton slight favourites ahead of us. I’d be surprised if anyone out of us and them won the league as it stands right now! 

4 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Under Jeffries we only lost two games from January onwards 90/91 and didn't lose any 93/94.  In every season under Hughes our results  were poor  from January on.

Bit selective as we were in the Championship both of those years. I thought we were discussing the top flight! 

In any case there’s no need to chastise either of them for any reason. Hughes was our most successful manager of recent years and Jefferies our most entertaining. 

2 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Yeah.

There’s a while to go in the window and the team that’s relegated are usually amongst the favourites anyway.

Far to early for to make a call on who’s the clear league favourites.

3 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Yeah.

They have lost a few players aswell and I know one player doesn't make a team but keeping Martin is a massive shot in the arm for them, he'll absolutely piss league 1. I don't see them doing a Dunfermline and by the same token I don't think we will either.  I think it'll be a lot closer with three or four teams all within a point or two of each other. 

5 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

They have lost a few players aswell and I know one player doesn't make a team but keeping Martin is a massive shot in the arm for them, he'll absolutely piss league 1. I don't see them doing a Dunfermline and by the same token I don't think we will either.  I think it'll be a lot closer with three or four teams all within a point or two of each other. 

If we had a pound for every time we heard that…

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

Accies have lost 18 players and 16 of them will be no loss at all. The only 2 who did anything positive were Connor Smith and Dylan McGowan and we are apparently trying to get Smith back.

10 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Accies have lost 18 players and 16 of them will be no loss at all. The only 2 who did anything positive were Connor Smith and Dylan McGowan and we are apparently trying to get Smith back.

That's quite harsh on Dan imo even though he missed the pen and had a couple disaster games I would say majority of his accies spell was really positive and i would of done everything to keep him for next season rest though I am not overly bothered about apart from the other 2 you mentioned 

16 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

The boy Smith looked a decent player tbh from what I saw of him in the playoff final second leg. 

Guest Back Post Misses
7 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

That’s good news as it means we have a better option lined up.

He won’t play Yeats there as that will stunt his development- his future is as a midfielder.

He will have to till/if we sign a RB 

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

That’s good news as it means we have a better option lined up.

He won’t play Yeats there as that will stunt his development- his future is as a midfielder.

I wouldn't be so sure, McGlynn had Tumilty at Raith I'd hazard a guess he was right up there on his list of targets for right back.