The Falkirk FC Thread

0 - 1 City
Falkirk Herald;

Bairns line-up with: Hogarth, Yeats, Donaldson, Lang, McCann, Morrison, Spencer, McGinn, Miller, Agyeman, MacIver. 

Looks like a 4-4-2.

Warm-up would suggest there will be a second-half starting eleven.

Edited by Springfield

4 hours ago, Van_damage said:

Bit selective as we were in the Championship both of those years. I thought we were discussing the top flight! 

In any case there’s no need to chastise either of them for any reason. Hughes was our most successful manager of recent years and Jefferies our most entertaining. 

As I said didn't matter if it was the top flight or championship we were poor under Hughes from January onwards in every season he managed the club.

5 minutes ago, Springfield said:

0 - 1 City
Falkirk Herald;

Bairns line-up with: Hogarth, Yeats, Donaldson, Lang, McCann, Morrison, Spencer, McGinn, Miller, Agyeman, MacIver. 

Looks like a 4-4-2.

Warm-up would suggest there will be a second-half starting eleven.

Booooooo 

8 minutes ago, Donathan said:

27th June feels ridiculously early to be playing pre season friendlies. I suppose that means that McGlynn wants to take the league cup seriously rather than treating it as a pre season exercise, which is a good thing IMO.

We played the KM Stand game vs Kilmarnock on the 24th of June last year. Was early but best chance of getting a decent crowd before many went on holiday. 

7 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

We played the KM Stand game vs Kilmarnock on the 24th of June last year. Was early but best chance of getting a decent crowd before many went on holiday. 

Did last season not start earlier because of the world cup?

Does feel rather early to be playing a game but looking around everyone else full time is starting roughly the same time as us. 

Couldn’t give a flying feck about any pre season result. Id actually go as far to say a good pre season has resulted in a poor league start from memory 

@Van_damage I had a look and last year we started our league cup campaign on 9th July with two friendlies beforehand (2 weeks and 1.5 weeks before the first cup game)

This year we start on 18th July and have three friendlies before hand (3 weeks, 2 weeks and 3 days before the cup opener)

Definitely feels we are taking it more seriously this year even though we did well in it last time.

1 minute ago, bairn88 said:

Does feel rather early to be playing a game but looking around everyone else full time is starting roughly the same time as us. 

Couldn’t give a flying feck about any pre season result. Id actually go as far to say a good pre season has resulted in a poor league start from memory 

Did Hartley's dud team not absolutely smash their league cup group before a disaster league start? Or possibly the year before when Houston was sacked.

I definitely remember winning a league cup group and then the league start being awful.

5 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Did Hartley's dud team not absolutely smash their league cup group before a disaster league start? Or possibly the year before when Houston was sacked.

I definitely remember winning a league cup group and then the league start being awful.

It was the Houston season with Alex Harris (😁) looking a superstar in the group.

Hartley's Heroes lost to Montrose, flukily beat Forfar and East Fife, and lost to St Johnstone.

11 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

As I said didn't matter if it was the top flight or championship we were poor under Hughes from January onwards in every season he managed the club.

In 03/04 our form post New Year was much the same and in 04/05 we were unbeaten from January, up till the last 3 games when the league was already won.

I just don’t see what difference it makes as at the end of the day the results throughout the season were good enough to stay in the league and to win it.