The Falkirk FC Thread

I'm not having Morrison as our best player overall to be honest.  I would agree if he performed more consistently but far too hot and cold for me and has a terrible tendency to disappear when things go wrong or his confidence disappear completely if he misses a chance.

He has ability, no question but we need to calm the jets on the hype.

Edited by MulsonFFC

11 minutes ago, MulsonFFC said:

I'm not having Morrison as our best player overall to be honest.  I would agree if he performed more consistently but far too hot and cold for me and has a terrible tendency to disappear when things go wrong or his confidence disappear completely if he misses a chance.

He has ability, no question but we need to calm the jets on the hype.

That’s exactly what’s wrong with Morrison, he’s got ability but his consistency is very poor. That’s why he’s in league 1. 

36 minutes ago, Albertobotswana said:

Drop our top goalscorer and best player for Kennedy?

Kia was ok and is better than Henderson but no one else in our midfield. Could utilise him as a squad player to rotate between Nesbit, Morrison or Mcginn if he was tiring.

Is Nesbitt our 2nd best player because he had the highest assists? 

Kennedy's all round game was so much better than Morrisons. 

15 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Is Nesbitt our 2nd best player because he had the highest assists? 

Kennedy's all round game was so much better than Morrisons. 

I think Kennedy would be well placed to hit the ground running for us. I'm not his biggest fan but its undeniable that he became more effective as the season went on. 

That said, can he play Central or Right wing, cos I don't particularly want to see Agyeman drop out. His physicality is desperately needed. Indeed, I had hoped to see more thus far in that vein. 

Edited by Bairnardo

It’s going to be interesting to see what McGlynn’s favoured starting XI will be. The bit that surprised me most about the Strollers game was that they were a physically bigger team than us, and up until tiredness set in (and Carroll and Honeyman got onto the pitch), we really didn’t look like scoring.

Even with McIver’s height, crosses from wide were very comfortably dealt with by the Strollers defence. It wasn’t until Carroll and Honeyman (especially Carroll) brought a bit of craft and variety to the party, that then gave Allan a bit of quality service to do what he does.

Agyeman doesn’t seem to have a striker’s instincts, and looked far more dangerous when he took up a wider position.

It’s going to take a bit of squaring the circle given that we seem to be about having wide players to cross the ball, but on the evidence of Tuesday, we have no-one who thrives on crosses.

For me Morrison was our best player last season, though as the season wore on Kennedy was certainly more consistent. Saying that Kennedy was injured until the end of October and may well have been top scorer if he hadn't missed those games. Both were pretty greedy and neither worked in cohesion with their fullback, but good players for this level. It was other areas of the teams failings that meant we didn't get promoted.

That is in the past now and Kennedy won't be back. In terms of this season I think we'll go 4-2-3-1 and wouldn't be surprised if we start something like:

Hogarth

New RB Donaldson Lang McCann

Spencer McGinn

Morrison Nesbitt Aggeyman

Allan

McKay and Mackie to provide cover across the back 4.

Yeats, Henderson, Miller, Lawal, Oliver and MacIver pretty much give options across the midfield and forward positions. Though agree with others that we need another more dynamic midfielder. Confident McGlynn will be able to use the loan market to bring in another Rowe and Kucheriavyi 

I’m in work and was trying to post a pic but my gaffer kept looking at me 🤣🤣🤣 I absolutely love it, too old for strips now but my god I’m tempted.

Just noticed all the wee steeples in the design, oooft even better.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

5 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

This.

52 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Nice, but prefer the home.

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Kit makers have certainly cottoned onto how much we love a steeple eh 🤣

It’s without doubt, the strips and all associated training and leisure wear are different class. Well done to whoever came out with the designs. (Agree that red would have been sensational instead of the light blue)