The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Bairnardo said:

I have a hard time believing that there's folk who haven't noted that Swinney is always cagey, and leaves things open. 

He said we're not far away on squad number. At 19, no one would say we're miles away from numbers

We might end up at 22. That, worst case, would be 3 in the door. 

Or what it could quite easily be, is 2 out and 5 in. It could be 1 out and 4 in. Same applies if we run with 21. 

There's absolutely no reason to assume we might not still see a good number of new faces in the squad. 

Thought he was very nervy tbh. Not sure but the manner in which he went on, are there more financial issues/woes than we’re being told ? One thing for sure, if we don’t go up we can forget being a full time club. 

9 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Thought he was very nervy tbh. Not sure but the manner in which he went on, are there more financial issues/woes than we’re being told ? One thing for sure, if we don’t go up we can forget being a full time club. 

That's an even bigger reach than assuming we're done in the transfer market. 

Swinney's always going to be trying to encourage people to invest money so he isn't going to come out and say we've got bags of cash . The more people invest in fss the higher the budget is it's as simple as that.

We haven't touched the loan market yet so I'd expect at least probably about 3 loans to come in yet at least. 

Edited by Shodwall cat

14 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Not certain I agree with that. I thought it was fairly standard stuff and the message from all clubs at this time of year is " give us more money through STs etc and we'll sign better players".

42 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I don’t think that’s the case at all to be honest, no idea what evidence you’ve based that on. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

32 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

We've got five in already, another three and it's almost a complete team re-build. 

Seven.  Lang, Spencer, Hogarth, Long (on loan) Agyeman, Miller, MacIver. Just hope there isn't only one more to come in. 

4 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Seven.  Lang, Spencer, Hogarth, Long (on loan) Agyeman, Miller, MacIver. Just hope there isn't only one more to come in. 

I think most fans are on the same page where the priorities are a new RB, a creative midfielder and a new striker. We'll definitely get the RB as it would be utter madness to go without but I think the latter two will be more based on the final ST numbers and loan opportunities.

5 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

I think most fans are on the same page where the priorities are a new RB, a creative midfielder and a new striker. We'll definitely get the RB as it would be utter madness to go without but I think the latter two will be more based on the final ST numbers and loan opportunities.

A rb is dependent on players going out the door

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I prefer your home. Away looks a bit like an old cigarette packet.

Is that blue band on the back too or just on the front? If it's on the back too there's I suppose a prospect of the SPFL not being happy about both kits at Palmerston (likewise our away with two navy stripes on the front being used at Falkirk). I imagine both will be ok though.

I do like it, but I am an age where at first glance, there was a bit of the “20 Embassy Regal” about it, but hey, it’s near enough impossible to come up with a design that doesn’t have a passing resemblance to something else in the last 50 years.

I think it looks great, and it will be a good seller. Two winning strips. Now we just need a winning team.

5 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

IMG_20230629_193051.thumb.jpg.e84108ee20c3fe2bf205f1764542cf64.jpg

one plummeted to ridiculous depths never to return.

The other was a little submarine.

Feck me, clearly the school holidays are upon us.

17 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

FalkirkTitan.thumb.JPG.d1617cee2cd2fec4f48a4ab52f383e21.JPG

It’s hard to explain to the OP just how depressingly awful this is.  Clearly the work of an acne riddled adolescent.

If McGlynn does need to move players out to bring in others then I’m quite relieved by that to be honest. The board have been pretty up front about not overspending and my worry was the FSS money would be used as extra funds which could potentially stretch the budget to within the Red the following season.

There’s still plenty of time to go but at the moment he has left us short in some areas though. Not sure how McGinn and Spencer will fit in together and we definitely need a right back. Presume a few of them are on decent wages so to me he’s been backed well and so it will be his cross to bear should the squad not prove sufficient enough. 

32 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I do like it, but I am an age where at first glance, there was a bit of the “20 Embassy Regal” about it, but hey, it’s near enough impossible to come up with a design that doesn’t have a passing resemblance to something else in the last 50 years.

I think it looks great, and it will be a good seller. Two winning strips. Now we just need a winning team.

Does have that resemblance but the only criticism would be to say the regal packet is a poor design. Home top is just a bit clunky for me but that away strip is class.

Not bought a top in a couple of seasons but definitely thinking of getting that one and/or the short sleeved GK top, if available. 

Edited by Van_damage

3 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

If McGlynn does need to move players out to bring in others then I’m quite relieved by that to be honest. The board have been pretty up front about not overspending and my worry was the FSS money would be used as extra funds which could potentially stretch the budget to within the Red the following season.

There’s still plenty of time to go but at the moment he has left us short in some areas though. Not sure how McGinn and Spencer will fit in together and we definitely need a right back. Presume a few of them are on decent wages so to me he’s been backed well and so it will be his cross to bear should the squad not prove sufficient enough. 

Totally agree- seemingly the money earmarked for a right back has been spent on areas he considers higher priority.

He has also chosen to renew the likes of Oliver, Nesbitt and Mcginn who could have been moved on to free up budget so he can’t really complain about not being backed Imo.

7 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Totally agree- seemingly the money earmarked for a right back has been spent on areas he considers higher priority.

He has also chosen to renew the likes of Oliver, Nesbitt and Mcginn who could have been moved on to free up budget so he can’t really complain about not being backed Imo.

On what are you basing either....

The budget is gone OR

McGlynn has elected to go forward without bringing in a Right Back

Please, stop just saying this pish, and back it up. 

8 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Maybe McKay has been earmarked for RB……