The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Fair enough it just doesn't look good from the outside that's all. You know more than what I do my point was that you would be expecting that your 2 star signings would be winning you games not losing them. 

We didn't lose against Partick.

9 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, but to get the best out of McIver, someone needs to play beside him. Ageyman doesn't look like the poacher that we need up top. In fact, I reckon if he was through on the keeper he'd miss 6 or 7 out of ten! I think we need a partnership up there and I think that McIver and Allan should get a chance to form one.

I don't get the clamour for Allan I'm afraid. I don't think he's a poacher at all and doesn't look like he'll ever command a starting berth. 

5 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

BTW, Dundee Utd were honking, seldom seen a Utd team as bad! Tony Watt is a dick, clearly believes that he's some sort of super star.

I thought they were very well organised with their press which caused us problems galore first half.  They weren't great with the ball though 

5 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

We didn't lose against Partick.

Yes that is true however if you had 11 men on the pitch on Saturday it would of made it less likely that you would of conceded the late equaliser. And would of been going into Saturday with a win against Peterhead being enough to win the group instead you are now relying on Partick failing to beat Spartans at home. Tbf with the results in this competition I wouldn't write it off at this point but it is unlikely. 

3 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Yes that is true however if you had 11 men on the pitch on Saturday it would of made it less likely that you would of conceded the late equaliser. And would of been going into Saturday with a win against Peterhead being enough to win the group instead you are now relying on Partick failing to beat Spartans at home. Tbf with the results in this competition I wouldn't write it off at this point but it is unlikely. 

As mentioned though the red card was caused by the young goalkeeper. Spencer couldn't be blamed for it.

15 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

... the continual use of McGinn, he is done and we need to get energy into that midfield ...

I'd seriously consider pairing Spencer with Nesbitt - if fit. 

That might introduce the energy and dynamism for a front three/four from Morrison, MacIver, Oliver and Ageyman to prosper.

Unlikely to happen though.

4 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

As mentioned though the red card was caused by the young goalkeeper. Spencer couldn't be blamed for it.

Yeah tbf I haven't seen the red card  just from the outside that it didn't look good from a Falkirk point of view

23 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

I don't get the clamour for Allan I'm afraid. I don't think he's a poacher at all and doesn't look like he'll ever command a starting berth. 

It's not Allan as such, just that I think we need to play with two up front and Allan hits the target more often than not, where Ageyman certainly doesn't.

17 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Not having a go mate, but please use 'have' rather than 'of' when appropriate. One of those things that just rips my knitting!

1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

Well done to the young team by the way. Good attempt to drum up an atmosphere. Pity they were stupified into silence by the football on show. 

Agreed. They tried their best second half to get the team going. Was there a drum there tonight as can’t actually mind hearing it. 

3 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Agreed. They tried their best second half to get the team going. Was there a drum there tonight as can’t actually mind hearing it. 

There was but wasn't overbearing where I was sat in the KM.

Not sure "Local Hero" came off as well as intended. Just seemed to drift into the ether and didn't feel it built up any anticipation or excitement unfortunately.

5 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

There was a drum.

The boy hitting it has a woeful sense of rhythm, perhaps he should get some practice in at home.

A good point made by Stephen Craigan was that Morrison was probably our most effective player first half and was giving Freeman a torrid time however McGlynn switched him to the right in the second half and he didn’t cause as many problems and got subbed. 

Morrison has been our best player for the past 3 seasons so would hate to see him shifted about to try accommodate Ageyman. Saying that I do quite like Ageyman. I know he made bad decisions but he’s got something about him, if he can learn to compose himself a bit more. 

Also love Finn Yeats attitude. Was disappointed to see him left out the team a lot the second half of last season as he’s a real competitor and decent enough on the ball. Would love to see him in the centre mid more as think he could be the guy that can give us a bit of dig in there, even if he is still quite slight. 

Edited by Van_damage

32 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

I'd seriously consider pairing Spencer with Nesbitt - if fit. 

That might introduce the energy and dynamism for a front three/four from Morrison, MacIver, Oliver and Ageyman to prosper.

Unlikely to happen though.

I’d be very surprised if McGinn does not start vs Annan in the first league game of the season.

2 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

There was but wasn't overbearing where I was sat in the KM.

Not sure "Local Hero" came off as well as intended. Just seemed to drift into the ether and didn't feel it built up any anticipation or excitement unfortunately.

Nah, it’s not necessary IMO to have local hero all the time or try to determine a singular song to run out to.

Just let the DJ play something lively that will fit the occasion best.  Sure suggestions would be welcome though. Dave Mac opted to play local hero when Crunchie came out before the Killie game last season which was perfect but personally wouldn’t want it all the time. 

Can never go wrong with something like ‘Two Tribes’ for derby matches as well. Just don’t like the idea of trying to shoe horn in a song that becomes tradition. 

Anyway young team done great and the drum was used perfectly as wasn’t even aware of it.