The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

We have still to hear from the club and also the FSS on the particulars of this, I’d rather wait to hear the detail as I genuinely don’t think the the FSS will be blocked from reaching the 25% + 1 target via one mechanism or another they’ll get there sooner rather than later but regardless of how it all pans out longer term anyway I doubt it would stop me from paying my monthly debit as I realise that would only harm the club.  

I think that's fine. As I said above if FSS spell out 'the new normal' it gives people the chance to choose 

As we've seen on here opinions are very divided on whether fans can support that new approach but as long as its a free choice no one can complain. 

There will be loads of FSS contributors who feel like you. That's all right. I'm glad the club will still get your contributions.

19 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Good post, I won’t cancel either as in the end it’s only going to harm the club. I also always presumed once the FSS reached the 25% +1 my money would indeed become more of a glorified donation, I’m fine with that so long as it’s helping the club and I’m satisfied the money is being used wisely. I don’t think it’s realistic for the club to be continually issuing share’s indefinitely, that would become a bit ridiculous. 

I liked the 3 legged stool model. TBH, for various reasons, I wouldn't want the club to be owned entirely by the FSS, but I most certainly want us to get to the 25%+ bit to ensure that we can stop unwanted external interference, which is the whole point of the organisation. 

We can't keep issuing shares and we do need to encourage outside investment from the right people. For example, if I won the Euromillions I'd be wanting to buy into the club in a big way (wouldn't be easy as I don't so it!) So we need to be flexible in considering such a possibility.

I too would continue my contributions knowing that the money is basically a donation to the club once the shares have been bought, but it's got to be on the FSS's terms, i.e. we decide how and when the money is spent because we don't want the club to depend on this money as part of normal income. Once the financial problems are sorted (if ever) I would want the club to run on it's own merits without having to rely on donations to survive.

Rather than the club inviting suggestions from the FSS on how the cash is spent, it should be the other way round IMO.

15 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

The club have apparently said they’re ok with the FSS trying to retrieve shares from the estates of shareholders who are no longer with us but I find that a bit insulting to the constitution of the FSS to be honest.

It wouldn’t be good enough for me and that process could take a long time with many of these shareholders only having a couple of shares to their name. You then have to trust that the club will sanction the last transfer of shares that will take them over 25+1%. They’ve moved the goal posts already so what’s to say they won’t move them further when that point is near. The wording of the FSS newsletter is that the board are understanding of their aim to get over 25%. That’s a little ambiguous to me. 

What is there to lose by not just selling the shares to FSS just now and put an end to this debacle? 

There may be quicker method than that, a large shareholder or group of shareholders may decide to donate shares to the FSS with the clubs approval and full backing. That could be done in days. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

18 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

There may be quicker method than that, a large shareholder or group of shareholders may decide to donate shares to the FSS with the clubs approval and full backing. That could be done in days. 

As in any shareholder vote you can empower a proxy 3rd party to vote on your behalf.

If shares are left by an individual in their estate I cannot see the club objecting for no other reason it would be a PR disaster.

3 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

As in any shareholder vote you can empower a proxy 3rd party to vote on your behalf.

If shares are left by an individual in their estate I cannot see the club objecting for no other reason it would be a PR disaster.

Falkirk FC usually the shining light on the PR front

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

I liked the 3 legged stool model. TBH, for various reasons, I wouldn't want the club to be owned entirely by the FSS, but I most certainly want us to get to the 25%+ bit to ensure that we can stop unwanted external interference, which is the whole point of the organisation. 

We can't keep issuing shares and we do need to encourage outside investment from the right people. For example, if I won the Euromillions I'd be wanting to buy into the club in a big way (wouldn't be easy as I don't so it!) So we need to be flexible in considering such a possibility.

I too would continue my contributions knowing that the money is basically a donation to the club once the shares have been bought, but it's got to be on the FSS's terms, i.e. we decide how and when the money is spent because we don't want the club to depend on this money as part of normal income. Once the financial problems are sorted (if ever) I would want the club to run on it's own merits without having to rely on donations to survive.

Rather than the club inviting suggestions from the FSS on how the cash is spent, it should be the other way round IMO.

If someone comes along with a proposal to invest in the club surely new shares would need to be issued, if not whose shares would they buy. Rawlins, The Patrons.

4 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Good post, I won’t cancel either as in the end it’s only going to harm the club. I also always presumed once the FSS reached the 25% +1 my money would indeed become more of a glorified donation, I’m fine with that so long as it’s helping the club and I’m satisfied the money is being used wisely. I don’t think it’s realistic for the club to be continually issuing share’s indefinitely, that would become a bit ridiculous. 

I agree with this ...... but the FSS have to get to the 25%+1 first. How are they supposed to do that if the club wont sell them the shares ?

20 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

I agree with this ...... but the FSS have to get to the 25%+1 first. How are they supposed to do that if the club wont sell them the shares ?

I think the FSS will soon get the required shareholding and hopefully everybody moves on.  All the drama isn’t good for the club, it needs to stop.