The Falkirk FC Thread

32 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Funny that after two attacking performances there are no posts regarding share issue or no share issue. It is great when good football takes centre stage

This goes along with anyone saying can we not just enjoy a win. Why take a pop at anyone who cares about such things that matter a lot regarding the governance of the club and FSS? 

Find it more funny to choose not to bother about this issue because we’ve had a couple of wins.

Edited by Van_damage

16 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Tickets bought for Edinburgh City away on Saturday. Great prices too 👏🏻

I’m off on Saturday at the moment. Is it all ticket? 

41 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Funny that after two attacking performances there are no posts regarding share issue or no share issue. It is great when good football takes centre stage

Might be a topic of conversation on here after the FSS meeting on Friday night.

Football is one thing, the survival and the way our club is run is another. 

56 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

This goes along with anyone saying can we not just enjoy a win. Why take a pop at anyone who cares about such things that matter a lot regarding the governance of the club and FSS? 

Find it more funny to choose not to bother about this issue because we’ve had a couple of wins.

Why are you assuming he doesn’t care? 

6 minutes ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

You’ve lost me?

That’s not what I said but if you care about something such as share issues then surely you still care to talk about it regardless of whether we win or lose? 

Edited by Van_damage

1 minute ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

No one has talked about the issue with shares for the last wee while.

Why bring it up, unless they want to start the conversation again ?

Why tie it into the teams performance ? 

Maybe having a wee pop at those on here who are interested in the governance of our club ?

2 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

No one has talked about the issue with shares for the last wee while.

Why bring it up, unless they want to start the conversation again ?

Why tie it into the teams performance ? 

Maybe having a wee pop at those on here who are interested in the governance of our club ?

I didn’t bring it up. 

5 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

You’ve lost me?

That’s not what I said but if you care about something such as share issues then surely you still care to talk about it regardless of whether we win or lose? 

I thought your post came over as if you didn’t think the guy cared. Apologies if I miss interpreted your post. 

1 hour ago, Van_damage said:

No disrespect as fan ownership is very close to my heart and political beliefs but i was merely stating that it is refreshing that posts are focusing on what i want the fans to own and the process of obtaining a true governance is back burner not the only topic

2 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

No disrespect as fan ownership is very close to my heart and political beliefs but i was merely stating that it is refreshing that posts are focusing on what i want the fans to own and the process of obtaining a true governance is back burner not the only topic

That’s fair enough mate. You do realise you have just brought it back up as a topic in the process though! 😆 

Yes and with intent. We should NEVER lose the focus on that is why we are Falkirk fans and owning our club makes watching our club even sweeter.  I have lived through Deans , Fulson and other self seeking individuals ruining OUR club and feel that us having control of the means of production is the only way forward.

Bloody great to read football talk though 🤣🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Yes and with intent. We should NEVER lose the focus on that is why we are Falkirk fans and owning our club makes watching our club even sweeter.  I have lived through Deans , Fulson and other self seeking individuals ruining OUR club and feel that us having control of the means of production is the only way forward.

Bloody great to read football talk though 🤣🤣🤣

Yeh I 100% agree with that. 

Let’s hope to see a rightful conclusion to the share issue.

Let FSS buy the remaining shares with the contributions we’ve all given for the past few months and let them get to the crucial 25% that we were sold on to give the organisation the block vote we crave.  

Get this done quick then talk positively about growing the membership and trying to create more funds to give John McGlynn so he can bring at least one before the window shuts. The where what’s and why’s of not selling the shares and why we weren’t consulted can be saved for another day but as you say let’s keep on the positive and make sure we give our club every chance of getting promoted this season. 

Edited by Van_damage

6 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Let FSS buy the remaining shares with the contributions we’ve all given for the past few months and let them get to the crucial 25% that we were sold on to give the organisation the block vote we crave.  

Get this done quick then talk positively about growing the membership and trying to create more funds to give John McGlynn so he can bring at least one in before the window shuts. The where what’s and why’s of not selling the shares and why we weren’t consulted can be saved for another day but as you say let’s keep on the positive and make sure we give our club every chance of getting promoted this season. 

Agree but trying to get people with a tenner in their pocket give control to people who only have a pound has always been an ongoing fight. I have more money than you pal so sit down wee fellas. I fear that is our new problem .  

Still like reading about cracking goals more but people power is my second passion 😃😃😃

Edited by Bigbrbairn

9 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Get this done quick then talk positively about growing the membership and trying to create more funds to give John McGlynn so he can bring at least one before the window shuts. The where what’s and why’s of not selling the shares and why we weren’t consulted can be saved for another day but as you say let’s keep on the positive and make sure we give our club every chance of getting promoted this season. 

Given alot of your posts are about the FSS and Share concerns I'd hope you were putting yourself forward to get on the board or on the FSS committee on 1 September? 

22 minutes ago, Forever_Blue_ said:

Given alot of your posts are about the FSS and Share concerns I'd hope you were putting yourself forward to get on the board or on the FSS committee on 1 September? 

Was on the FSS committee and worked hard on my time there so do try to do more than just talking.

Still involved in other outside projects and have considered the FSS role but have reservations with time commitments and other considerations that I don’t want to go on to on here. Do feel like it’s sometimes possible to get more done when not being involved in committees to be honest though as can do what you want and campaign for it more openly. Not a fan of bureaucracy either. 

Edited by Van_damage