The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Think Yeats will keep his place until he has a howler. He's been good the past few games though. 

I think he had a howler v Alloa tbh (and i really rate the lad as a hard, tough midfielder), hence the move for a RB on loan, likely made possible by young Carroll leaving.

Edited by HonestAl
Grammar

2 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

If I was to be a right greedy c**t, I'd take McKay leaving/going out on loan for another centre half. Even a young guy on loan from the top flight. Just anyone but him. 

That Cove 2nd goal was the clincher for me - totally unacceptable play by a seasoned professional. McKay just cannot be included in a match day squad under any circumstances.

43 minutes ago, HonestAl said:

I think he had a howler v Alloa tbh (and i really rate the lad as a hard, tough midfielder), hence the move for a RB on loan, likely made possible by young Carroll leaving.

Hardly a howler? Alloa created the square root of feck all in the main . I remember the boy coulson beating him early on but that was about it. 

1 minute ago, Believe The Hype said:

Howler is very harsh, he just didn't have as good a game as most but certainly wasn't rotten 

In an 11 man team, someone has to be the 11th best performer of course, and that MIGHT be Finn Yeats, but in both Stirling and Alloa games, I would take actual offence to the suggestion that anyone didn't get at least strong pass marks, with the vast majority pushing into the excellent bracket in terms of performance. Particularly the Stirling game tbh, but despite the general levels looking maybe less high v Alloa, it was away from home, and we fucking skelped them.

Absolutely no idea how anyone could even dream of using the word howler in regards to individual performances we have seen in the last 2 games. 

With the defence suffering injuries it makes sense to bring in a RB. As posted he’s probably costing nothing more than peanuts, and with the young guy released it’s more like a small fee each month. Yeats for the record has played decent, but he’s not  RB. He excels at shutting down space and covers the whole midfield. 
Yes we’re are skint….

5 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

So miller and mcginn could be out for up to two months. Brad Mackay picked up an injury at cove. Presume it's called a red neck.

I’m on my way to some stupid concert so can’t listen has Mglynn said Miller is out for two months?

I wouldn't be surprised if McGinn plays that much football at all for us this season sadly, hopefully his op is a success but you kind of get the feeling that age, injuries to the same knee, ops, might finally catch up. Shame about Miller but as McGlynn says it's not season ending, he'll be a miss though, McKay I'm absolutely not arsed about and Mackie well it's another body I suppose and he should be back first. Glad we finally brought a right back in. Hopefully the boy does well when called upon.

Loosing Miller is a massive blow, might be a big ask now but it would be great if the club could find a way to scrape together enough money for one more player to give us some options in that position. Even it it was just enough for a decent loan player until January, at least by then Miller would be up and running again. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Was getting a bit of good feel factor that’s been missing for a long time, and thoroughly impressed with the shape and the different option Miller gives us. Really disappointed that he’s missing at least for the full first quarter. McGinn I doubt we’ll see starting this season apart from cameo appearances. Interesting how MCGlynn will plug Miller not playing.

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Was getting a bit of good feel factor that’s been missing for a long time, and thoroughly impressed with the shape and the different option Miller gives us. Really disappointed that he’s missing at least for the full first quarter. McGinn I doubt we’ll see starting this season apart from cameo appearances. Interesting how MCGlynn will plug Miller not playing.

It'll be a combination of Nesbitt and Walker replacing Miller I would think, don't think he's any other options. Only other thing I can think of would be to play McCann on the wing once Mackie is available. 

6 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

It'll be a combination of Nesbitt and Walker replacing Miller I would think, don't think he's any other options. Only other thing I can think of would be to play McCann on the wing once Mackie is available. 

Lawal is in that mix too.