The Falkirk FC Thread

You can add to that the likes of Scotrail (or whatever they were called back then) holding FFC to randsom over the works on the rail bridge.

FFC, to my knowledge anyhoo, spent a great deal of time and money on just getting a deal on paper long before they were able to put any of those plans into action.

edit: "randsome" :huh:

It was Railtrack (now replaced by Network Rail) that demanded a new bridge and for the builders to maintain it. The offer was put to them that a new bridge would get built with the supermarket but Railtrack would be responsible for its maintenance but they did not want that.

It was Railtrack (now replaced by Network Rail) that demanded a new bridge and for the builders to maintain it. The offer was put to them that a new bridge would get built with the supermarket but Railtrack would be responsible for its maintenance but they did not want that.

How can they not be responsible for bridges over the railway they look after? Incredible stuff.

What would they have done with regards the bridge getting lifted last year?

How can they not be responsible for bridges over the railway they look after? Incredible stuff.

What would they have done with regards the bridge getting lifted last year?

The way they saw it since the bridge was not getting replaced by them the maintenance responsibility was with the builders. The same is true for any new bridges built over the railway. The new one was replaced as part of EGIP so it is costs came from that project and Network Rail are responsible for the maintenance and that is exactly what would of happened when the supermarket was built if Railtrack were not gready

I watch on the telly. I just dont go to the games any more. The game against georgia we were dire. Lack of ability and effort on show was woeful. Then you het the likes of whitaker and naismith pulling out of this weeks fixtures. I bet you they'll be available for norwichs next game though.

If you think the national team are bad God knows how you've managed to cope with some of the Falkirk teams over the years.

Yes I've seen some woeful Falkirk sides over the years but then the worst sides of the late 70's weren't like the Scotland team and full of overpaid prima donnas wishing they were somewhere else. And to be honest paying a few quid to see shit is one thing but spending hundreds of pounds to see it is another thing altogether.

I feel watching a shitey Falkirk team is like doing your apprenticeship.

You never truly appreciate days like the cup final until you've sat watching Falkirk get bent over by a village team.

Too many of our fans are all for making up the worst reasons not to go to various grounds.

Amazingly those same reasons never seem to apply when a big game comes along.

Yes I've seen some woeful Falkirk sides over the years but then the worst sides of the late 70's weren't like the Scotland team and full of overpaid prima donnas wishing they were somewhere else. And to be honest paying a few quid to see shit is one thing but spending hundreds of pounds to see it is another thing altogether.

This Scotland team clearly doesn't lack effort, you're slavering shite now.

This Scotland team clearly doesn't lack effort, you're slavering shite now.

Come on the slightest excuse and their pulling out with injury and then turning up for the next match for their own team. Look at all the players like Griffiths that couldn't be arsed turning up for the Gibraltar away game and yet he was back playing for celtic as quick as you like. As I said previously too I bet you Naismith is turning out for Norwich in their next league game.

International football is very much a secondary form of the game these days and I don't see it changing anytime soon. It was far better back in the days when playing international football was the peak of a players career and you couldn't pick and choose who you played for either.

That's shite I got told from 2 people that he signed for Falkirk then I saw on sky sports news he had signed with Falkirk.

Not like sky sports to get it wrong like Falkirk winning the league cup a couple of weeks ago.