The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

A tiny wee bit over sensitive.

Maybe seems over sensitive to you(and I confess I am prone to that) however some us stuck our head above the parapet to discuss issues we thought were important and now being ridiculed as a result. So, it is hard not to take it too personally as all starting to feel a little vindictive. Even get dislikes for trying to make a light hearted reply to your last jibe. 

54 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

I get what you're saying about boxing but they are not really comparable. The fundamental part of boxing is effectively a fight, going in to that you know what you are getting yourself into. I don't think anyone playing a game of football considers potential long term brain damage resulting in early dementia. If the research is showing that's what is happening it has to change in my opinion. There are many things in football that have changed for safety over the years and yes there are protests that it might change the spirit of the game (more stringent red cards, studs up rules etc) but I still enjoy going on a Saturday no less than before. If players have to become more skilled with their first touch on their feet from long balls, or more skilled at hitting it off their chest it could be changing for the better. 

You minimumise the risk you don't ban it altogether though. There is less heading in the game than there used to be the balls arent anywhere near so heavy when wet and heading in training is very much restricted. Footballers still have a greater life expectancy than others and are less likely to develop other illnesses like Parkinson's for instance. 

15 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Queens Park at home in the 4th round of the SPFL Trust Trophy.

Most boring competition in the country serving up the goods again.

Crap draw against footballs new gretna. They'll bring about twenty fans but at least it's not at that shitehole of a new place they have 

2 hours ago, Michael W said:

An utterly brainless decision to loan him out. He's not been starting for us, but has made a good impact from the bench when he's come on. 

Is he out of contract at the end of the season ?

I'd guess Ross has been seeking first team football and this ticked boxes for him.

Right of the blue this deal and very happy with it, personally thought Morrison on right and Miller on the left was our best 11. 

22 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Maybe seems over sensitive to you(and I confess I am prone to that) however some us stuck our head above the parapet to discuss issues we thought were important and now being ridiculed as a result. So, it is hard not to take it too personally as all starting to feel a little vindictive. Even get dislikes for trying to make a light hearted reply to your last jibe. 

Chill oot ffs.

Really quite remarkable how certain posters on this insignificant wee corner of social media take themselves and their musings so seriously.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

9 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I'd guess Ross has been seeking first team football and this ticked boxes for him.

Right of the blue this deal and very happy with it, personally thought Morrison on right and Miller on the left was our best 11. 

He is indeed. I wouldn't be wholly surprised to see him sign a PCA if the move goes well for him. 

4 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Yes, his contract expires at seasons end. He was injured most of last year before finally getting a surgery for a long-term issue. He’s been around the edges of the squad the last few games, and came on as a super-sub while we were down 2-0 to Partick. His introduction seemed to galvanize the team, and he was the driving force on the left that resulted in both late goals to draw the match. Uses pace and skill to rinse defenders and has an excellent ability to cross. Was rumoured to be possibly heading to Cove on a half season loan early on, but after that many people thought he was too valuable to loan out.

Seems like a shop window loan to me, we’ll get to see how he does with regular starting and other teams can see if he’s coming back well from what ailed him. Should be very helpful to you if you have a need at left side leaning wing/attack.