The Falkirk FC Thread

Ken that was a troll above, but Spencer is quite literally the midfielder we’ve been crying out for for years. Good defensively as well as carrying the ball forward, and rarely - if ever - wastes a pass. Top class and the type of guy you happily pay your money to watch. 

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

Thought the ref dealt with the clown trying to crawl back on to the park pretty well yesterday. Just got on with the game and ignored him. Hate seeing that as it's blatant cheating.

Yep, Douglas Ross was right on to it as well to be fair to him. For me though that should be a yellow card for delaying the restart of play, I don't get the difference between that at TAA's yellow at St James Park

1 minute ago, FK1Bairn said:

Yep, Douglas Ross was right on to it as well to be fair to him. For me though that should be a yellow card for delaying the restart of play, I don't get the difference between that at TAA's yellow at St James Park

Yes he could certainly have booked him for that with it being so obvious.

Sum up of my day yesterday:  Great half time pie, got to boo a torry and we won. Also not allowed to shout and wave my arms about at home so I really enjoyed myself.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn

6 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I had a clear head on view of Lawal's penalty claim.  No way was it a penalty.  I think because he is probably the lightest player on the field by a long way the fair challenge with the defender knocked him over.  Yes it could have been given on a different day but it would have been lucky.  Had it been a more robust player, like Alfie in that challenge he would have probably powered through it and crossed or shot.

I have a blind spot when it comes to Lawal.  To me his close ball control is really poor, is easily dispossessed and he looks like (and regularly does) trip over his own feet at any given time.  He scored a great goal the other week, but I still am very sceptical about his abilities. Maybe in a few years he will mature into a good player but at the moment it is clear, at least to me, why he doesn't start games

Have to say I think his close control is probably his biggest attribute. Gets the ball out of tight spots, very composed under pressure. Not fast though and, as you say, very light.

2 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Ken that was a troll above, but Spencer is quite literally the midfielder we’ve been crying out for for years. Good defensively as well as carrying the ball forward, and rarely - if ever - wastes a pass. Top class and the type of guy you happily pay your money to watch. 

Something we haven't seen for a good few seasons at the Bairnabeu, a player who passes the ball forwards first time. Seems to have great vision and doesn't even take one touch to steady himself before playing the pass. That splits the line with a quick ball through and causes defenders to turn (which they hate). What a difference between him and McGinn !

54 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Sum up of my day yesterday:  Great half time pie, got to boo a torry and we won. Also not allowed to shout and wave my arms about at home so I really enjoyed myself.

That's the only place my wife does that.

As far as the game goes: I thought we were the better team without hitting the heights of the past few games. Hopefully showing that we can win without being at our best. I felt that Long and the defence were excellent. Yeats made a few mistakes but full back isn't his natural position and he's getting better at it. Spencer was great in the middle but I thought Henderson had a poor game overall. Morrison was our biggest threat but he constantly over hit his crosses. Nesbitt was average at best, Ross was poor, but just back from injury so should be given some leeway. MacIver was a bit isolated and I felt that McGlynn made a mistake in taking him off for Allan. It should have been Allan for Nesbitt with two up front at that point IMO. He seems to be determined not to play two strikers at any point!

Good day though, just a pity that Hamilton scored that late goal.

47 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Something we haven't seen for a good few seasons at the Bairnabeu, a player who passes the ball forwards first time. Seems to have great vision and doesn't even take one touch to steady himself before playing the pass. That splits the line with a quick ball through and causes defenders to turn (which they hate). What a difference between him and McGinn !

This time last season McGinn was our best player.

Unfortunate that injuries have caused him so many problems.

Yesterday was my first trip to TFS since April 18th.

It was a win that could have come from the Houstie era, not a brilliant performance but on balance good enough.

Must admit that when I see the likes of McGuffie (*) & Todd listed for QOS, and the likes of Hetherington for Alloa and Burrell at Cove my heart soars - these guys were never good enough for us and I'm delighted that we have the likes of Long, Lang, Donaldson & Spencer in navy blue now.

This was my first PATG game having given up my ST and I was up in the back top corner of the west stand near the press, decent enough view but might try the KM next time - for the first time in ages there was a bit of a buzz about the place in particular in the home end.  Caught out by the "cash only" approach for the food kiosk, that's normally a sure sign of a tax dodge.  

Great start, I see HAFC are away to QOS next week.  We will no doubt get a better idea once everybody has met each other.

Looking forward to Montrose game already.      

(*) hope his injury isn't a bad one, nice touch for Bairns fans to applaud him off

5 minutes ago, FFC1965 said:

Yesterday was my first trip to TFS since April 18th.

It was a win that could have come from the Houstie era, not a brilliant performance but on balance good enough.

Must admit that when I see the likes of McGuffie (*) & Todd listed for QOS, and the likes of Hetherington for Alloa and Burrell at Cove my heart soars - these guys were never good enough for us and I'm delighted that we have the likes of Long, Lang, Donaldson & Spencer in navy blue now.

This was my first PATG game having given up my ST and I was up in the back top corner of the west stand near the press, decent enough view but might try the KM next time - for the first time in ages there was a bit of a buzz about the place in particular in the home end.  Caught out by the "cash only" approach for the food kiosk, that's normally a sure sign of a tax dodge.  

Great start, I see HAFC are away to QOS next week.  We will no doubt get a better idea once everybody has met each other.

Looking forward to Montrose game already.      

(*) hope his injury isn't a bad one, nice touch for Bairns fans to applaud him off

Pie huts at both sides of the WS have a cash & card queue mate. PS Great to see you back at TFS 💪🏼

£5 to park and then canny move the car for 30mins after the game due to folk not returning to there cars straight after the Game... Last time a park in that shambles of a so called car park... 

Glad didn't have a emergency to get away for... 

Shambles... 

6 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

£5 to park and then canny move the car for 30mins after the game due to folk not returning to there cars straight after the Game... Last time a park in that shambles of a so called car park... 

Glad didn't have a emergency to get away for... 

Shambles... 

... And your team were a shambles ... And you lost ... Should have brought the tractor ... Oh well...

4 minutes ago, Trump said:

According to ESPN, Brad Spencer has 2 goals and 3 assists (joint top most assists in the league) after 6 games. What a great signing he’s been so far, even without the end product, his influence on the game has been just what we’ve been needing.

Totally agree, he’s a fantastic player. Hats off to McGlynn and the recruitment team, the quality of player brought in over the summer have made a big difference to us.

13 hours ago, Zbairn said:

I'm definitely hesitant to say this but... shades of Arnau Riera for me. Which is a very good thing.