The Falkirk FC Thread

18 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

You do realise there’s roughly a 300k up lift in prize money alone just finishing mid table in the championship? Add to that increased gate money and sponsorship.

I didn't think about that tbh, that would obviously plug the majority of the gap especially with the added value of the fss so it would seem that we only really have an issue if we are in this league and with the plans as they are we should be fine in the championship. I do get the impression we are probably spending quite a lot of wages at the moment though. 

20 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

You do realise there’s roughly a 300k up lift in prize money alone just finishing mid table in the championship? Add to that increased gate money and sponsorship.

Increased crowds lead to increased security costs. Jamie mentioned a cost for putting on a Dunfermline game for police and I may not be accurate but I’m sure it was around 7k. 

6 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Increased crowds lead to increased security costs. Jamie mentioned a cost for putting on a Dunfermline game for police and I may not be accurate but I’m sure it was around 7k. 

Still well worth it though. 

Although I wonder how much of it is a gravy train for the Police. They had a notably heavy presence for the Hamilton game. That coupled with the nonsense stewarding outside made me wonder wtf was going on. No history, no bad blood, about 500 away fans, and someone has tipped these clowns that they need to shop up in about 3 x their normal number and break out the searching women and kids routine?

13 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

To me this is all being talking about now to ensure queen's park don't go down. Lawall and haughey run Scottish football and nothing happens without them giving it the nod. Queen's park have had shedloads of cash put into them and there's no way haughey wants them to go down so watch the chat on this ramp.uo if they continue to slide down the table. You only need to look at the Hampden shenanigans to see that something we'll dodgy is going on.

League reconstruction of course being a brand new topic of discussion around Scottish football, having never been talked about by anyone ever until we got promoted to the Championship less than a year and a half ago. What a mental take, up there with the daftest things I've ever read on this website.

If league reconstruction didn't happen during the Covid season when clubs were genuinely unfairly relegated and promoted, there is no chance of it ever being voted through imo. Especially when you can guarantee the arsecheeks will try and piggyback their colt teams on any future proposal

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

24 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

League reconstruction of course being a brand new topic of discussion around Scottish football, having never been talked about by anyone ever until we got promoted to the Championship less than a year and a half ago. What a mental take, up there with the daftest things I've ever read on this website.

League reconstruction to make the championship bigger has hardly been a topic of conversation for years. The top flight yes. Queen's park have been getting  a big hand up from everyone at the sfa ever since haughey got involved. The price for Hampden suddenly going from the £1 offered to 4.5 million with haughey the main interest in queen's park helping to organise the loan.  We had queen's park moving between stenny and Hampden for games which is ludicrous. Clubs are supposed to have one home ground and that's it  to insure the integrity of the competition but that went out the window completely.Recently  we got queen's park moving from their Henley regata stand back to Hampden in another dodgy deal which seems to benefit noone other than queen's park.   Nothing happens in Scottish football without haughey and lawal saying aye everyone knows that and  anything to insure that queen's who are currently dropping like a stone in the championship stay up will be in the table to make sure haugheys vanity project continues.

Edited by Shodwall cat

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Although I wonder how much of it is a gravy train for the Police. They had a notably heavy presence for the Hamilton game. That coupled with the nonsense stewarding outside made me wonder wtf was going on. No history, no bad blood, about 500 away fans, and someone has tipped these clowns that they need to shop up in about 3 x their normal number and break out the searching women and kids routine?

I've never actually seen any trouble after games although, admittedly, I'm only walking back from the stadium to the college car park, however, I have a couple of times seen, maybe, 20 or so wee laddies hanging around near the roundabout, presumably waiting for the opposition wee laddies to appear.

I'm hoping these are just wee eejits out for trouble and aren't actually from the ultras, because, if you add that to the daft firework stunt on Saturday, the club's reputation could be tarnished. I'd hate it if the ultras ended up being banned or heavily policed due to the actions of a few.

9 hours ago, the philosopher said:

What a waste o money.

Let the fighters fight - never call an ambulance for them either, they'll be either dead or get bored.

Reduced security costs,cheaper prices - recreate a family atmosphere without the dinosaurs.

Whenever I am pondering to myself “who can I turn to for advice on violence and crowd control at football matches?”, I automatically think, “I’ll get some pointers from an Annan Athletic fan”. 😋

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

And they still missed the artillery shell that went off just after kick off.

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

League reconstruction to make the championship bigger has hardly been a topic of conversation for years. The top flight yes. Queen's park have been getting  a big hand up from everyone at the sfa ever since haughey got involved. The price for Hampden suddenly going from the £1 offered to 4.5 million with haughey the main interest in queen's park helping to organise the loan.  We had queen's park moving between stenny and Hampden for games which is ludicrous. Clubs are supposed to have one home ground and that's it  to insure the integrity of the competition but that went out the window completely.Recently  we got queen's park moving from their Henley regata stand back to Hampden in another dodgy deal which seems to benefit noone other than queen's park.   Nothing happens in Scottish football without haughey and lawal saying aye everyone knows that and  anything to insure that queen's who are currently dropping like a stone in the championship stay up will be in the table to make sure haugheys vanity project continues.

Old Firm levels of paranoia. Have a word with yourself.

7 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I've often wondered this myself because  the police dream up a number of them required for a game it probably doesn't get questioned much. You often hear about stretched resources but magically every weekend you still see an absolute f**k tonne sitting on their holes in vans on standby incase it's the 80s again.

Edited by gannonball

17 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

To me this is all being talking about now to ensure queen's park don't go down. Lawall and haughey run Scottish football and nothing happens without them giving it the nod. Queen's park have had shedloads of cash put into them and there's no way haughey wants them to go down so watch the chat on this ramp.uo if they continue to slide down the table. You only need to look at the Hampden shenanigans to see that something we'll dodgy is going on.

Out of interest, which tinfoil hat supplier do you use? 

7 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I've often wondered this myself because  the police dream up a number of them required for a game it probably doesn't get questioned much. You often hear about stretched resources but magically every weekend you still see an absolute f**k tonne sitting on their holes in vans on standby incase it's the 80s again.

In this instance, I think they've  maybe interpreted a top of the table clash being hyped by the club, and decent home ticket sales as meaning its automatically a powderkeg type match, and done zero research into the fact that there was never, ever going to be trouble at it. Minter, IMO

12 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Probably the best easiest overtime earned in Scotland.

4 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Nothing happens in Scottish football without haughey and lawal saying aye everyone knows that and  anything to insure that queen's who are currently dropping like a stone in the championship stay up will be in the table to make sure haugheys vanity project continues.

I know he's good and a hero to some on here but I don't think Ola's got much of a say in the running of Scottish Football

Only nonsense I saw after the Hamilton match was in the coach park. Laddies in masks taunting an Accies fan bus and then one being unceremoniously dumped on his arse by a copper. 

The lad then didn't take the hint and continued to remonstrate with the police for some reason instead of vacating the scene as he was instructed to, I assume to save on the paperwork, but he seemed keen to visit the cells. Knob.

Edited by Blame Me