The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Zbairn said:

Agree...but do you think someone (the right person) will come in with cash for nothing in return ?

Potentially depending on the circumstances, why do you think it only has to be shares via a share issue a new investor would insist on? That may be the case but it also may not, it simply would need discussed and a plan ironed out. It’s all ifs buts and maybes and to be honest all these convoluted hypotheticals are now frying my brain. Can we just stick to the football / facts please. 

1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I think you also have to take into account the likelihood of that happening. 

Even if the Rawlins shares somehow found their way into unscrupulous hands, and the option was there for them to purchase more, that still wouldn't be enough to outvote the supporters groups unless the likes of Sandy Alexander / Martin Ritchie also sold their shares to them. I can't imagine they would suddenly walk away and possibly screw over the club that they've protected all these years. Particularly as the fan ownership model we now likely wouldn't have happened without their support. 

I think the problem is that they potentially could get to 45%. Doesn't leave an awful lot to have a majority stake in terms of running the club. One person or small group to be their allies with >5% will do it for them.

I believe, where they will have a problem is getting to the 75% needed to change the statutes of the club. But in essence they would have majority votes in all resolutions.  I'm not entirely sure what they can do and cant do in respect of making changes to the legal status...... something for the lawyers out there to help with.

11 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

It’s amazing it’s the same posters that bring this stuff up, I far prefer discussing the football so probably shouldn’t give it any air. I really think a simple email or phone call to one of the reps we now have on the club board would answer any questions yet people seem determined to try and rabble rouse on public platforms like this. 

I don't get that feeling from these guys at all. I think they're just asking pertinent questions and have the club's (and fans) interest at heart. There are plenty who come on here whenever anything negative appears who want to stir things up, I don't think they're two of them. I could be wrong of course because I don't know them and don't pretend to know anything about the situation with the share option etc., but I don't believe that they're trying to stir things.

7 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I don't get that feeling from these guys at all. I think they're just asking pertinent questions and have the club's (and fans) interest at heart. There are plenty who come on here whenever anything negative appears who want to stir things up, I don't think they're two of them. I could be wrong of course because I don't know them and don't pretend to know anything about the situation with the share option etc., but I don't believe that they're trying to stir things.

This all started with me trying to answer a question posed by Shodwell Cat. I wasn't even asking a question. Then for some reason, a few took umbrage at my answer. No idea why (although I have a rough idea :) ) .... but hey ho ! 

Edited by Zbairn

1 minute ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Where have I been personal!?

Dismissing myself and Zbairn as the same people that bring this up. All that perpetuates is to discredit anything we say. 

13 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

On the whole I probably agree with that actually, perhaps not guilty of trying to stir trouble like the posters you are aluding to but possibly just over thinking this! We don’t even know if the Rawlins have an option to buy a 45%, I was confident they couldn’t but if these posters are telling me they 100% can then I’m happy to believe I’ve misinterpreted the information I was given and will seek clarification from the proper people rather than put the question out on an anonymous internet forum. In the scenario the rawlins can actually enact a new share issue and buy a 45% at 50p a share they then litterlay have to invest over a million directily into the club? How likely even is that and is it even a bad thing? 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Just now, LatapyBairn. said:

On the whole I probably agree with that actually, perhaps not guilty of trying to stir trouble like the posters you are sliding to but possibly just over thinking this! We don’t even know if the Rawlins have an option to buy a 45%, I was confident they couldn’t but if these posters are telling me they 100% can then I’m happy to believe I’ve misinterpreted the information I was given and will seek clarification from the proper people rather than put the question out on an anonymous internet forum. In the scenario the rawlins can actually enact a new share issue and buy a 45% at 50p a share they then litterlay have to invest over a million directily into the club? How likely even is that and is it even a bad thing? 

Shared it already but that is the option. 

That wasn’t what was discussed on FD. 

IMG_7671.jpeg

Just now, Dave McInally said:

Dismissing myself and Zbairn as the same people that bring this up. All that perpetuates is to discredit anything we say. 

I’m not being dismissive , I am engaging. However it does tend to be you and zbairn that talk mostly about these subjects. If I’ve flung a personal insult in somplace and not noticed then my apologies! 

2 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I’m not being dismissive , I am engaging. However it does tend to be you and zbairn that talk mostly about these subjects. If I’ve flung a personal insult in somplace and not noticed then my apologies! 

Apart from the time you called me a "usefully used idiot who can't admit when they are wrong " re the FSS shares issue. I think that is a reasonably fair insult. 

Interestingly, you could classify yourself (and perhaps a Mr G) in the category of talking mostly about these subjects :)

9 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Apart from the time you called me a "usefully used idiot who can't admit when they are wrong " re the FSS shares issue. I think that is a reasonably fair insult. 

Interestingly, you could classify yourself (and perhaps a Mr G) in the category of talking mostly about these subjects :)

Different discussion on a slightly different topic at a different time and I’m sure I posted and apologised for the name calling part at that time but was content with the rest of my post. Memory isn't great but you seem to recall it far better than me so I’m sure you’ll correct me if that’s wrong! 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Just now, LatapyBairn. said:

I haven’t talked much about this particular issue but did join in to the discussion  as there is still no clarity and with talk of new investors from Canada  speaking to the MSG then it seems pertinent to bring it up. Also important when there has been misinterpretation about this apparently being cleared up. 

I know I can be like a broken record but it’s only because I see things as important. I do appreciate some things(such as FsS shares) are not as much concern to everyone though. 

You know me anyway and have done for years so would hope that you can at least respect that I do stick to what I believe in and not to serve some personal agenda.

1 minute ago, Bigbrbairn said:

The person that leaked about investors has certainly opened Pandoras Box

Without looking back (really cant be arsed)...can you remember who it was ? Did someone not also state that the Canadians were in the Boardroom at the game on Sat ? Cant remember who that was either. 

11 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

How many more pages is there going to be debating this when nobody on P&B will have a fucking clue whether this is a genuine concern or not.

Problem is.... I remember being in the Brockville Bar when Campbell was being lauded as the new saviour of the club. Just as well KJ and a few others had his card marked. 

There will always be a concern when it's not a Falkirk man who is doling out the cash. We certainly don't want to go down the Campbell route again and I have a lot more confidence in our current BoD to make sure that it doesn't. 

17 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

How many more pages is there going to be debating this when nobody on P&B will have a fucking clue whether this is a genuine concern or not.

Could say that about anything though. There is people on here connected to the club though that can shed light on some things. It’s not debating anything really but clearing up some misinformation and presenting something in black and white which should be of some concern to fans. 

That’s just added another 2 posts to this conversation though so can’t take blame for responding!