The get fit, stay fit thread

I've had about 6 weeks off the gym for one reason or another so was hoping to not do too badly on my return. Oh dearie me, I'm a quivering mess that almost threw up. Lifting about 25% less than I was managing before. I hate getting old. I don't think I've got a chance of hitting my aim of squatting 140 by the end of the year but I hope to get back to where I was at least.

I felt utterly pathetic when I started back at the gym after a 6 week absence when I injured my rib. It was embarrassing.

4/5 weeks on and I’m nearly back to where I was, it doesn’t take as long as you think but is hellishly frustrating at first.

I’ve decided to focus on the big four lifts, with increased intensity and reps. I did this for squats and press on Wednesday and my groin is still sore. Bench press today was hard but did it. Getting to the point that I might have to start asking random people to spot me as if I’m benching over 110kg it’s hard. I’ve always trained alone but wonder if a training partner might improve me. Difficult to arrange with the times I train though.

Due to a combination of things I hadn’t been to the PT since July. Started back this week just a session a week for now. Equalled my pb for 1000m row and weighs slightly decreased.

Not doing measurements and weight at moment as the priority is get me exercising again and not create anxiety.

having said that I was on scales last week and I haven’t gained weight during my exercise absence!

5 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I can't get up around 6 right now to run, it's almost impossible to physically throw myself out of the comfy bed to go through half an hour of cold, wet hell.

Watch David Goggins on YouTube.

Don’t be the person that looks at the weather report the night before to decide what you are going to do the next day. – David Goggins

Watch David Goggins on YouTube.
Don’t be the person that looks at the weather report the night before to decide what you are going to do the next day. – David Goggins
I don't but I'll check it out. It's mostly laziness rather than caring about rain, quite enjoy running in it. Wind is another story.

On 08/11/2019 at 12:01, MixuFixit said:

I've had about 6 weeks off the gym for one reason or another so was hoping to not do too badly on my return. Oh dearie me, I'm a quivering mess that almost threw up. Lifting about 25% less than I was managing before. I hate getting old. I don't think I've got a chance of hitting my aim of squatting 140 by the end of the year but I hope to get back to where I was at least.

I had two wisdom teeth the other week and took a week off from the gym (and lost a bit of weight as I couldn't eat solids for a bit) Went back last Friday and it seemed like I'd lost half my strength, my bench has been piss poor, failed at 225lbs last night. Hoping after a  return to a normal diet and a couple days rest I can get back to normal on Friday. 

I have pulled the same muscle in my side I did a few lnths back deadlifts again. Considering booking some time with a PT or coach to see if I need to change my technique. It’s a bugger as can only really do bench and overhead press now.

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Got new fancy scales in the sales, body fat 19% muscle mass around 75% rest is bones.

Trying my fitness pal again and going for 10-15% by next summer. 

So fat is 19% and muscle is 75% leaving 6% bone.  Are you even a vertebrate or do you need new scales?