Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

Watched Across the Spiderverse last night and loved every minute of it.

Really enjoyed the first episode of Secret Invasion too

Spoiler

As above, I hope it doesn't fall into a trap of every episode having about 3 twists where someone turns. It's inevitable that there will be a few, I'm just hoping it's not every 5 minutes to the point it becomes predictable every time.

That said, love a good shock ending and a main character dying in the first episode should give a good feeling of no one (maybe even Fury) being completely safe.*

*edit: unless of course the next episode starts with her in hospital and alive

Edited by LiviLion

• 3 weeks later...

Watched "Black Adam" and it was, sort of, okay, I suppose, in a twenty minute fight scene dragged out over two hours kind of way.

However, I was quite confused by the supporting cast. Where did Bling Hawkeye, Occasionally Giant and Blue Bloke, Attractive But Pointless Girl and Elderly James Bond come from and how did they get their powers? I felt like I'd missed a film or TV series where they explained who they are. Or did they explain them in the film itself? It is possible I missed a bit as was trying to keep up with both the cricket and tennis while watching.

9 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Watched "Black Adam" and it was, sort of, okay, I suppose, in a twenty minute fight scene dragged out over two hours kind of way.

However, I was quite confused by the supporting cast. Where did Bling Hawkeye, Occasionally Giant and Blue Bloke, Attractive But Pointless Girl and Elderly James Bond come from and how did they get their powers? I felt like I'd missed a film or TV series where they explained who they are. Or did they explain them in the film itself? It is possible I missed a bit as was trying to keep up with both the cricket and tennis while watching.

You didn't miss anything. They just decided to shoehorn all said characters in with zero explanation. I assume they interact with Black Adam in the comics, but I've never read them so just guessing. There were a couple of lines of dialogue about the younger guy and the lassie in way of backstory, but we're talking seconds here.

36 minutes ago, honestly united said:

New Season of Titans (season 4) now on Netflix, fair enjoyed it so far. I thought 1 & 2 were really good, 3 not so much, but 4 has been better again, maybe not the heights of the first 2 though.

It never really regained the heights of the very first episode, although that was quite a high bar to be fair.

fuck-batman-robin.gif

On 11/07/2023 at 09:52, King Kebab said:

So nobody seen The Flash then???

On 14/06/2023 at 20:57, Mark Connolly said:

The Flash

Reveal hidden contents

Been a long time since I walked away from a DC movie thinking "I really enjoyed that". They generally promise much but fail to deliver, but this is properly enjoyable.

A sort of take on The Flashpoint Paradox, with some good cameos, including a few that you never saw coming. Ezra Miller may be a fucking oddball, but they are excellent as Barry, while Keaton proves once again that he is the best Batman.

It would be a surprise if this wasn't the end of the "Snyderverse", but at least it finally got a decent film.

Just watched The Flash.

It's tremendous, easily the best DCU film.

Keaton is, once again, exceptional as Batman. He was always tremendous in the role and didn't disappoint here. Comparisons between him and Bale are unfair as it's pretty much a different part in effect. Both are great. Actually Val Kilmer was decent too, and even George Clooney was good as Bruce Wayne. I was going to say that this film explains Batman Forever and Batman and Robin in canon (and technically the Bale films), but then the final pre credits scene literally does that with Clooney's cameo!

Was a bit worried that Bitch Barry (past/2013 Barry) would be shit and annoying but they managed to get the comedy (mostly) right.

Liked Supergirl although thought she would be in it more. Was a bit confused at first at how it all panned out until I realised that Barry taking the can of tomatoes out of his maw's trolley undid everything. Was a tad confused about why Clooney was then Batman until I realised that Barry moving the tins to the top shelf (so that his dad would have his face shown on the camera) was a small 'butterfly effect'.

If it wasn't for Guardians 3 then this would easily be the best superhero/comic book movie this year, and if it wasn't for Guardians 3 and Shang Chi then this would easily be the best superhero/comic book movie since Endgame.

Edited by DA Baracus

On 22/07/2023 at 20:15, DA Baracus said:

Just watched The Flash.

It's tremendous, easily the best DCU film.

Reveal hidden contents

Keaton is, once again, exceptional as Batman. He was always tremendous in the role and didn't disappoint here. Comparisons between him and Bale are unfair as it's pretty much a different part in effect. Both are great. Actually Val Kilmer was decent too, and even George Clooney was good as Bruce Wayne. I was going to say that this film explains Batman Forever and Batman and Robin in canon (and technically the Bale films), but then the final pre credits scene literally does that with Clooney's cameo!

Was a bit worried that Bitch Barry (past/2013 Barry) would be shit and annoying but they managed to get the comedy (mostly) right.

Liked Supergirl although thought she would be in it more. Was a bit confused at first at how it all panned out until I realised that Barry taking the can of tomatoes out of his maw's trolley undid everything. Was a tad confused about why Clooney was then Batman until I realised that Barry moving the tins to the top shelf (so that his dad would have his face shown on the camera) was a small 'butterfly effect'.

If it wasn't for Guardians 3 then this would easily be the best superhero/comic book movie this year, and if it wasn't for Guardians 3 and Shang Chi then this would easily be the best superhero/comic book movie since Endgame.

Not hard, tbf.

Everything I've read absolutely slates it, Keaton performance aside.

9 hours ago, King Kebab said:

No Easter Egg at the end of Secret Invasion, is this a first???

Thought the entire series (all six episodes) was rushed, pointless and introduces an unnecessary element to the MCU in general. 

The final fight was a boring, smashed, flighty and weightless cop out that we've seen so many times before. It was just lazy.

5 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

Not hard, tbf.

Everything I've read absolutely slates it, Keaton performance aside.

I enjoyed it.

I really wanted to enjoy Secret Invasion, but it was hard going. It’s a premise that should write itself but somehow they made a mess of it. 

The best thing about it was Olivia Colman who stole every scene she was in. Hopefully we see more of her character (The Marvels and/or Thunderbolts maybe?). 

16 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Thought the entire series (all six episodes) was rushed, pointless and introduces an unnecessary element to the MCU in general. 

Reveal hidden contents

The final fight was a boring, smashed, flighty and weightless cop out that we've seen so many times before. It was just lazy.

I enjoyed it.

I enjoyed the Flash as well.

There are people desperate to hate it, whether it's because Ezra Miller is a wrongun, they are "movie fans" who hate comic book films, or just comic book fans who will hate it because it wasn't exactly what they wanted. It was absolutely fine.