Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

For anyone who was moaning about waiting so long for the last season, watch Inside the Episode on YouTube for this one, it's 40 minutes long itself (normally around 20). The fucking lengths they have gone to do some of the scenes is unreal.

Also, when they're talking about Jorah's death I totally welled up with the music they played. A gold star for anyone (who isn't Baracus) that can tell me where it's from!

Also, what kind of rock was Jon hiding behind?

The NK dragon was able to blast through the fucking Wall, and obliterate a wall at Winterfell, but as soon as Jon is in danger near it, hes able to hide behind a big stone and survive it :lol:

Agree with RG, good entertainment but a bit underwhelmed by the plot/conclusion.

In episode 2 where they talk about drawing the NK out with Bran and then killing him I thought 'no way it'll be that easy' and...it kind of was. It did feel very much a good vs evil with good winning when things look at their bleakest. Bit disappointed.

6 hours ago, The Golden God said:

I agree it was all a bit too easy. But can we remember there is still 3 episodes left. I’m 99 percent sure we’ve not heard the last of the undead/walkers/whatever

Nah that's them done and finished with.

Next few episodes will be Jon/Dany/Sansa arguing with each other, defeating Cersei. 

We'll get Cleganebowl, one of Tyrion or Jamie will kill Cersei. Starks will kep the North and the only twist we might get is Dany destroying the Iron Throne rather than sitting on it. 

Itll be good, and more complex than Good v Evil, but it feels a bit pointless now.

One utter bit of pish was Ayra being forced deeper and deeper into the castle by a few hunner undead, really struggling with that level of volume but then suddenly being able to go for a wee jog back through a f**k off battle of bazillions of ice zombies to get to Bran.

Mentioned in previous messages but if Martin had written this alot more characters would be pan breid after that. Its just dumb fun now. Enjoyable but not special anymore.

I understand a lot of the complaints and it definitely is a bit Hollywood compared to previously. That being said I was still tense as f**k throughout and enjoyed it.

I totally disagree with everyone hoping the dead come back as it was too easy killing NK. The dead are the worst part of the story for me and I’m glad they’ve been dispatched and we can go back to actually vying for the throne. And as has been pointed out the way the NK was killed made more sense than some big hand to hand combat scene with Jon or the likes, as has been pointed out that’s never been what the NK was about.

I liked how the night king died, he comes across as incredibly intelligent, malicious and cunning. He’s not arsed for one v ones, he’s out to get a job done. He wouldn’t have anticipated the seemingly innocent Ayra taking him down with assassin techniques and a valerian steel blade.

Just need someone to make a titanic music remix of the night kings death now.

Will Ayra be affected in anyway by having the night kings hand on her? It will that not matter now that he is supposedly dead? Imagine Ayra uses his “face” and it all goes wrong, and she is reincarnated as the night king.

I thought that was the absolute tits.  A tremendous episode of television.

Absolute chills up my spine when Operation Human Shield, aka the Dothraki charged and their lights blinked out one by one.

3 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

And as has been pointed out the way the NK was killed made more sense than some big hand to hand combat scene with Jon or the likes, as has been pointed out that’s never been what the NK was about.

It didn't make any sense. The entire plan seemed to be for Ayra to jump at him, and for him to catch her in mid air so her hands are exactly where they need to be so she can drop a knife perfectly from one to the other.

I mean, whats the actual chances that's how he reacts, and not just moving out the way, or ducking, or swatting her away. And let's just ignore the fact he could kill Bran but spends a solid minute just staring at him, before slowly reaching for his sword, almost as if hes just waiting for a stealth strike.

Just another example of how everything handily falls into place for the good guys.

Honestly, the whole fucking thing has me genuinely raging, a show which, despite all the magic, still had a semblance of reality, and in the big episode/showdown, it's just 80 minutes of formulaic near misses/folk surviving incidents they simply wouldnt, and a finale so pathetic youd have instantly dismissed the spoiler you read it in.

3 minutes ago, Fide said:

I thought that was the absolute tits.  A tremendous episode of television.

Absolute chills up my spine when Operation Human Shield, aka the Dothraki charged and their lights blinked out one by one.

Aye, when those skilled fighters, bred for war, on horseback and with flaming swords, were wiped out within a minute I get well excited.

Then Sam, an overweight librarian who admits hes fucking useless in a battle, was lying on his back prone on the ground, against the same enemy and survived.

It didn't make any sense. The entire plan seemed to be for Ayra to jump at him, and for him to catch her in mid air so her hands are exactly where they need to be so she can drop a knife perfectly from one to the other.
I mean, whats the actual chances that's how he reacts, and not just moving out the way, or ducking, or swatting her away. And let's just ignore the fact he could kill Bran but spends a solid minute just staring at him, before slowly reaching for his sword, almost as if hes just waiting for a stealth strike.
Just another example of how everything handily falls into place for the good guys.
Honestly, the whole fucking thing has me genuinely raging, a show which, despite all the magic, still had a semblance of reality, and in the big episode/showdown, it's just 80 minutes of formulaic near misses/folk surviving incidents they simply wouldnt, and a finale so pathetic youd have instantly dismissed the spoiler you read it in.

Well the realistic version is that the highly trained assassin has the knife plunged into him from behind before he or us even know shes there.

At some point they have to make it good for watching.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, when those skilled fighters, bred for war, on horseback and with flaming swords, were wiped out within a minute I get well excited.

Then Sam, an overweight librarian who admits hes fucking useless in a battle, was lying on his back prone on the ground, against the same enemy and survived.

It's a story, not a documentary.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Well the realistic version is that the highly trained assassin has the knife plunged into him from behind before he or us even know shes there.

At some point they have to make it good for watching.

Nah, I'd even have preferred something with Bran taking him out. 

As for the second point, that's almost entirely what they've done. The Dothraki scenes makes absolutely no sense to anybody, not a single fucking jot, yet it's done so they can have the epic moments of watching the flames go out. Absolute certainty theres still, somehow, a swathe of them and their horses still alive next week.

2 minutes ago, Fide said:

It's a story, not a documentary.

Yes, and it's now just like every other story. It used to be more.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes, and it's now just like every other story. It used to be more.

I don't quite know what you're hoping for.  I'd hardly describe what you saw last night as "just like every other story".

They've maybe given themselves too many storylines to resolve in 6 episodes and it's going to result in a lot of unsatisfying conclusions.
This.

Why they felt the need to rush this and finish with a six episode season 8 is a mystery?

This must make a HBO a shit load of money and could easily have been at least 10 seasons long?

There were plot holes galore, but it was never anything less than massively enjoyable TV.

My only complaint is that it was so hard to see what was going on.  My TV isn't the best, but it's far from the worst, but it doesn't deal with deep blacks very well, so there was loads of scenes that were incredibly difficult to understand who was doing what to whom.

eta:  I have a racist TV 

Edited by KnightswoodBear