Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

why is everyone fretting over the brain drain at the end when the obvious highlight of the ep was Daenerys' wee gal pal getting her lovelies oot. Been waiting for that since she first appeared on the scene and she didn't disappoint. :thumsup2:wub:

Quick question - was she in Holyoaks or Corrie or something before GoT?

As for the ending...oof. Made me a little queasy in the way that only Hannibal and Bones have managed before.

Anyway, it's just a flesh wound.

Is that how it panned out in the books, right down to the exact nature of Oberyn's death?

Because writing something like that takes a seriously f**ked-up mind :lol:

There was actually added carnage in the book. As I remember, a stable boy's heid got in the way of the Mountain's sword halfway through.

Also, Missandei. Yum.

In the book I'm pretty sure it's just described as him smashing his skull off the ground or something. I had the image of him getting brained and dying quickly basically. That image will haunt my dreams

Also on the beetle story I agree with the earlier poster. Powerful lords mistreat and kill those below them for no obvious, discernable reason

I should know better by now but that ending absolutely stunned me. Gutted to see Oberyn go as he was becoming one of my favourite characters of the entire show.

As for Tyrion it's looking very bleak for him. Can only really see Jaime as a way out for a him although I've got a sneaking suspicion Tommen might have something to say before any execution.

I liked the Jorah stuff as well, to be fair.

Iain Glen was undoubtedly brilliant but it felt a little hurried to me and I wasn't quite convinced by Dany's reaction. Be good for the show and for Jorah for him to move on.

Is that how it panned out in the books, right down to the exact nature of Oberyn's death?

Because writing something like that takes a seriously f**ked-up mind :lol:

Very similar, there was none of the fingers in the eyes and the head didn't properly explode, but the Mountain got hold of him when he was on the ground, did the line then just brought his fist down on his skull and caved it his head in.

Iain Glen was undoubtedly brilliant but it felt a little hurried to me and I wasn't quite convinced by Dany's reaction. Be good for the show and for Jorah for him to move on.

Yeah, I felt we needed a bit more shock/anger on Dany's part, could have done with a scene with Barristan handing her the pardon or her recounting her anger to someone after banishing Jorah. Although the problem could just be that Emilia Clarke isn't very good rather than a flaw on the part of the writers.

Anyway, agree with those saying it wasn't a great episode overall but the fight was fantastic and the Sansa scenes were interesting. They've always had episodes where it's cooled off a bit and when we do get one of those, it's usually followed by an absolute belter.

Why did I decide it was a great idea to have tomato soup while watching that episode. I really enjoyed the episode though, even though the ending was rather disgusting.

In the book I'm pretty sure it's just described as him smashing his skull off the ground or something. I had the image of him getting brained and dying quickly basically. That image will haunt my dreams

Also on the beetle story I agree with the earlier poster. Powerful lords mistreat and kill those below them for no obvious, discernable reason

Seen an interesting post on Game of Thrones reddit regarding the beetle scene and the fight between The Mountain and The Red Viper. Apparently both scenes are of similar length and parts of it mirrors the other scene. Could be accidental or could be intelligent editing.

http://imgur.com/a/5BBCM

Pretty sad Oberyn died, spent most of the time after the show asking why he didn't just spear the c**t through the head when he had the chance. What a sickening way to go aswell, you wonder at what point of having your head popped you'd regret asking for a confession?

Probably more gutted we didn't see more of Oberyn fighting, as he was a fucking bad ass. If he hadnt been so desperate for that confession he'd have wiped the floor with The Mountain. I do feel like its all set up for The Hound to kill his brother, but theres no guarantee he'll survive that fight, nor do I think the books written that way.

I think the most shocking part about the death is the fact you watch the episode for so long and start thinking it'll never come, then all of a sudden it happens.

Also can I just add that the "Beetle story" is probably one of my favourites ever scenes ever, both actors nail it, and Dinklage is once again utterly fucking captivating. Theres a few theories about the whole meaning of the story, one is to subconsciously prepare you for the fact The Mountain will (literally) crush Oberyn, as he does it to everything. The other is to emphasise the whole style of the book, as in it can sometimes seem like characters get chosen at random to be needlessly killed off, you sometimes try and find the logic in who's dying how and when, but on the whole it sometimes just seems like mindless death