Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

The white walkers have to be the worst invaders of all time. They don't seem to actually have a motive other than your blood is warm I'm go kill you now OK.

What are you expecting? The Night King was created with the sole purpose of wiping out Man, he control the wights through his own thoughts, and his own thoughts are to kill Man. It's fairly simple, he's not some power hungry purpose, he was literally created to only kill people.

10 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I must have been drunk that episode. What's his backstory?

Children of the Forest created him when man arrived, then they realised they done fucked it up. Think it was around the middle of the second most recent season, relayed to Bran while he was living in a tree. 

I kinda sympathise with the annoyance at the lack of motive from the WWs. I suppose you'll get more complaints about this than usual because a lot of people who wouldn't usually like fantasy like Game of Thrones because of the characters and political intrigue. When it starts to veer into 'Personality-less evil mass of zombies and dark lords from the North wants to wipe out mankind as we know it' it sounds a lot like 'Personality-less evil mass of orcs and dark lords from the East want to wipe out mankind as we know it'.

I mean, it's not a surprise, the WWs have always been an impending threat since scene 1 episode 1, but I can understand the moans. 

Edited by The OP

Started watching from the beginning again. You forget just how incredible season one really is. Ned loses 'is 'ead in episode nine ... not even a season finale! Excellent stuff.

In the early seasons episode 9 often had the utter scenes and episode 10 kind of tied up the afters for next season. Season 1 Ep 9 - Ned, season 2 Ep 9 - battle of blackwater

I must have been drunk that episode. What's his backstory?

Children of the Forest decided the best way to stop Men killing them was to create an unkillable, immortal being who only cared about killing Men. Things got out of hand.

They likely didn't have one. The dragon was just one of those massive coincidences that happens in shows like this.

From my dim memory of arsing about with a bunsen burner in first year science I can assume that dead Viserion has more powerful fire than his brothers.

Bran won't mention anything as Jamie's integral to the living surviving the war with the dead IMO.

Hard to work out who has the better arse out of Jon Snow and Danaerys.

The Dragon was always for the night king...

I thought there was 3 so Danny, Jon and the night king could all use one in the great war.

Odds on Daenerys being pregnant from her one shag with Jon?

He's a sly one. Talked Dany out of flying her dragon North so he could "enjoy her company" on a slow boat.

I cringed at that scene for some reason. Just felt a bit overdone with Dany almost blushing and Mormont looking visibly crushed. Felt a bit teen movie for me

I didn't really enjoy this episode at all. Everything was completely predictable. Littlefinger always seemed 4 or 5 steps ahead of the game at the start of the series so to seem him played by the most see-through faux sibling rivalry ever was just annoying. The whole "I like to think of the worst" patter was a dreadful attempt at manipulation. It doesn't even make a blind bit of sense.

People are looking at this too deeply. Yes, Littlefinger has been ahead the whole series. Has littlefinger had to deal with a paraplegic who can see into the past? No, when he tries to turn two sisters against each other who just happen to have the c**t as a brother that's a mistake.

If it wasn't for Bran then he may well have gotten away with it, however he didn't.

People are looking at this too deeply. Yes, Littlefinger has been ahead the whole series. Has littlefinger had to deal with a paraplegic who can see into the past? No, when he tries to turn two sisters against each other who just happen to have the c**t as a brother that's a mistake.

If it wasn't for Bran then he may well have gotten away with it, however he didn't.

How could he be in Winterfell that long and not heard a whisper about Bran being omniscient? That makes no sense

Children of the Forest decided the best way to stop Men killing them was to create an unkillable, immortal being who only cared about killing Men. Things got out of hand.

I'm guessing they came up with this idea after a few too many ales at the Inn at the Crossroads.

Littlefinger survived the machinations of Kings Landing for years and competed as an equal with spymaster strategists like Varys. The show now has him falling victim to a plot involving two time-honoured morons and a hothead that could be easily caught off guard.

It's bollocks scriptwriting, plain and simple.

6 hours ago, virginton said:

Littlefinger survived the machinations of Kings Landing for years and competed as an equal with spymaster strategists like Varys. The show now has him falling victim to a plot involving two time-honoured morons and a hothead that could be easily caught off guard.

It's bollocks scriptwriting, plain and simple.

Aye I thought the death of Littlefinger was weak as f**k as well. Also there wasn't any real conversation about why he did the things he did, as in what was his actual plan. I know he wanted to end up with the iron throne but I still feel it wasn't explained brilliantly for such an important character.

Aye I thought the death of Littlefinger was weak as f**k as well. Also there wasn't any real conversation about why he did the things he did, as in what was his actual plan. I know he wanted to end up with the iron throne but I still feel it wasn't explained brilliantly for such an important character.

To me I think that was the whole point.

He spent that long twisting, manoeuvring, conniving and trying to guide the pawns to play the long game that his death was quick sudden with very little ceremony.

The exact opposite of his whole role in the game and the TV series.