Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

The Wight was taken to Kings Landing in a fucking box. The idea of them getting out of a stone tomb makes no sense.

Been a while since I read the books and a bit fuzzy on the details between what made it into the show but I'm sure the crypt was built by the same guy that built the wall, so there's a chance it as well has some magical qualities to it as well. Early on in the beginning of the show/books it's mentioned that the crypt is cold all year round by one of the Starks. Then there's  Sam who has what is believed to be the horn of  winter, which he found along with the dragonglass at the fist of the first men  in season 2 I think, which was supposed to destroy the wall if blown. But all that  is getting a little too deep into the books than what has  made it into the shows.

There has to  be a connection between the Night King and the Starks due to all the ice/winter motifs. There is also the issue of whether zombie uncled Benjen was helping Bran or destroying the Wall. Bran wants to meet TNK in the Gods Wood and TNK was created tied to a Weirwood tree. 

I'm also hoping that Mellisandre reappears with a Red Army and Kinvara the hottie.

If it ends on two straight forward battles with no major plot twists it will be pretty shite.

56 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

It's not that line, it's the fact they mentioned in  that episode that the crypts are safe about half a dozen times, which  leads folk to believe that probably....the crypts aren't all that safe. Although there was so much foreshadowing in that episode at least some of them will be duds.

They mentioned being safe in the crypts seven times. 

I had a nagging thought in my mind last night after watching the latest episode and I think I woke up a couple of times in the night because of it. Something to do with why Bran decided on the timing of Jon finding out his true parentage. It can only be to drive a wedge between him and Dany at a crucial time. Why?

Edited by alr

5 minutes ago, alr said:

I had a nagging thought in my mind last night after watching the latest episode and I think I woke up a couple of times in the night because of it. Something to do with why Bran decided on the timing of Jon finding out his true parentage. It can only be to drive a wedge between him and Dany at a crucial time. Why?

Brann asked Sam to tell Jon. He even asked Sam why he hadn't done it yet.

So the timing wasn't down to Brann at all. Brann took the first opportunity he had to tell Sam, and then ask Sam to tell Jon, presumably as soon as possible. Sam didn't tell Jon until he went in a bit of a rage after hearing his dad and brother got the crispy treatment.

Brann is no longer one to care about 'driving a wedge' between folk anyway.

Here's my thoughts on who lives and dies:

I'm convinced that Jorah, Brienne, Theon, Pod, Gendry, Edd, Tormund, Davos & Greyworm will die. What I took from the fire scene was that Jaime & Tyrion being there at the start means those 2 will survive. Everyone who came in after is deid.

The Hound dies, but is brought back to life by Beric who, in turn, dies outright.

I can see next week being a full all out scenes battle but it will continue into episode 4 within Winterfell where Arya will die, Melisandre appears then dies ala Nissa Nissa allowing John to kill the Night King at the weirwood tree. Bran to also die.

The Hound goes on to settle things with his brother, and at the same time complete Beric's task from Season 1 to apprehend the Mountain and also tick the Mountain's name off Arya's list. The man who cares least about living MUST survive all of this. I can see Varys making it through the whole lot too, regardless of what Melisandre said. Also see Davos surviving the lot.

Tyrion & Jaime both have to make it down to see Cersei again. From that point I'm only sure Jaime kills her and nothing else. Euron will die at some point.

No idea on Dany, John & Sansa fates.

There'll be twists though.

23 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Brann asked Sam to tell Jon. He even asked Sam why he hadn't done it yet.

So the timing wasn't down to Brann at all. Brann took the first opportunity he had to tell Sam, and then ask Sam to tell Jon, presumably as soon as possible. Sam didn't tell Jon until he went in a bit of a rage after hearing his dad and brother got the crispy treatment.

Brann is no longer one to care about 'driving a wedge' between folk anyway.

Aye fair enough. I just think that when he sits quietly keeping other things to himself that what he does contribute must have some larger meaning. That and he'll probably warg into a dragon - he and Danyraes could have a big interaction.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

What about the skeletons that popped up outside the Sanctuary and killed Jojen Reed? Just bones.

Forgot about them, tbh. Was it ever clear if they were the Night Kings? Maybe just protecting the Three Eyed Raven after the Children created them?

50 minutes ago, Detournement said:

There has to  be a connection between the Night King and the Starks due to all the ice/winter motifs.

Nah, he'll know a Stark helped create the wall, and probably knows Bran is a Stark, but I doubt it's any more than that. You could claim the Greyjoys are linked because of their "what is dead may never die", chat.

I think Arya survives to kill Cersei ... wearing Jaime's face. 
Arya isnt going to be on the front line just square go-ing dead c***s. I think shes going to be nipping about the place on the long game. Whether thats in pursuit of killing the night king, knifing Dany or like you say maybe taking faces.... Shes an assassin not a soldier. Be interesting to see what she gets up to

46 minutes ago, gkneil said:

Here's my thoughts on who lives and dies:

I'm convinced that Jorah, Brienne, Theon, Pod, Gendry, Edd, Tormund, Davos & Greyworm will die. What I took from the fire scene was that Jaime & Tyrion being there at the start means those 2 will survive. Everyone who came in after is deid.

The Hound dies, but is brought back to life by Beric who, in turn, dies outright.

I can see next week being a full all out scenes battle but it will continue into episode 4 within Winterfell where Arya will die, Melisandre appears then dies ala Nissa Nissa allowing John to kill the Night King at the weirwood tree. Bran to also die.

The Hound goes on to settle things with his brother, and at the same time complete Beric's task from Season 1 to apprehend the Mountain and also tick the Mountain's name off Arya's list. The man who cares least about living MUST survive all of this. I can see Varys making it through the whole lot too, regardless of what Melisandre said. Also see Davos surviving the lot.

Tyrion & Jaime both have to make it down to see Cersei again. From that point I'm only sure Jaime kills her and nothing else. Euron will die at some point.

No idea on Dany, John & Sansa fates.

There'll be twists though.

Beric isn't a priest though, so he won't be bringing anyone back.

The Nissa Nissa stuff hasn't been explained or explored in the TV show, so they wouldn't just fire it in and expect everyone to understand it, and for that reason I doubt we'll see it. Not sure how you arrive at Melisandre being Nissa Nissa either.

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Beric isn't a priest though, so he won't be bringing anyone back.

The Nissa Nissa stuff hasn't been explained or explored in the TV show, so they wouldn't just fire it in and expect everyone to understand it, and for that reason I doubt we'll see it. Not sure how you arrive at Melisandre being Nissa Nissa either.

Wouldn't rule it out, he's pretty well in with the Lord of Light and in the books he  did give his life to resurrect someone.