Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Where is the dragons anyway? 

If you were looking at it from a military perspective then the allies aren't in a bad position, while outnumbered there foe seems to have little skill in combat and you can't help but think tactics wise they won't have much, they also have a stronghold they can go within. 

Of course the big thing is the fucking dragons so I'm also shocked that nothing was said about that. 

Thinking Gendry (4 now) might survive given his claim to the throne. That might have a part to play, especially since Arya now knows and she's not having any of Danaerys' shit, so could turn around and say that Gendry should be king. Talking of Daenerys, is she trying to alienate everyone? She's a right moody c**t at the moment. Enjoyed Sansa getting her telt about the North not wanting to be under her rule. Not sure why she's so upset with that anyway. They'd be allies and would surely come to her aid if ever asked were she the Queen of whatever Kingdoms are still around (is Dorne even still a thing?!).

Theon is done. The only way Pod is surviving is if he coats his boaby in Valerian steel and swings it about. Beric is too pointless now, so off he goes. Sorry to say that the same applies to Edd now that the Night's Watch are no more. Gilly (the citadel was kind to her) could be for the off. Jaime to be killed and return as a White Walker to Cersei's horror would be quality. He said that he's no longer the fighter he was, and he's going to be in the middle of it (on the left flank) so it's not looking good. Royce is off, despite his fantastic voice. As others have said, Greyworm is done (incidentally where did the Unsullied get their winter gear?). It could be cheerio to big Jorah, despite getting Heartsbane. I would weep tears of bitter agony and sadness if Davos gets it, and would be inconsolable if Tormund, the King of my Heart and King of Patter, dies. Ser Brienne has to live as well so that they can have numerous gloriously large children.

Does Gilly's child hold some significance given he was booked in to the clinic for the White Walker reassignment surgery but was saves by Sam the Shagger?

Regarding the Stark crypt, most of the corpses will be long decayed in to dust, with many being only bones to begin with (like Ned for example; only his bones were given back). Plus how can a corpse break out of a buried coffin, or a stone monument? 

Why is anyone still upset with Jaime for killing the Mad King? The Mad King desperately needed sworded given his attempts at a spot of the old genocide of King's Landing. He did Westeros a favour.

Where are the Dothraki? I spotted one at the war council, but no sign of the rest.

The Hound has to survive for Cleganebowl, which is what everything from series 1 has been leading up to. It's what Game of Thrones was made for.

Thinking Gendry (4 now) might survive given his claim to the throne. That might have a part to play, especially since Arya now knows and she's not having any of Danaerys' shit, so could turn around and say that Gendry should be king. Talking of Daenerys, is she trying to alienate everyone? She's a right moody c**t at the moment. Enjoyed Sansa getting her telt about the North not wanting to be under her rule. Not sure why she's so upset with that anyway. They'd be allies and would surely come to her aid if ever asked were she the Queen of whatever Kingdoms are still around (is Dorne even still a thing?!).
Theon is done. The only way Pod is surviving is if he coats his boaby in Valerian steel and swings it about. Beric is too pointless now, so off he goes. Sorry to say that the same applies to Edd now that the Night's Watch are no more. Gilly (the citadel was kind to her) could be for the off. Jaime to be killed and return as a White Walker to Cersei's horror would be quality. He said that he's no longer the fighter he was, and he's going to be in the middle of it (on the left flank) so it's not looking good. Royce is off, despite his fantastic voice. As others have said, Greyworm is done (incidentally where did the Unsullied get their winter gear?). It could be cheerio to big Jorah, despite getting Heartsbane. I would weep tears of bitter agony and sadness if Davos gets it, and would be inconsolable if Tormund, the King of my Heart and King of Patter, dies. Ser Brienne has to live as well so that they can have numerous gloriously large children.
Does Gilly's child hold some significance given he was booked in to the clinic for the White Walker reassignment surgery but was saves by Sam the Shagger?
Regarding the Stark crypt, most of the corpses will be long decayed in to dust, with many being only bones to begin with (like Ned for example; only his bones were given back). Plus how can a corpse break out of a buried coffin, or a stone monument? 
Why is anyone still upset with Jaime for killing the Mad King? The Mad King desperately needed sworded given his attempts at a spot of the old genocide of King's Landing. He did Westeros a favour.
Where are the Dothraki? I spotted one at the war council, but no sign of the rest.
The Hound has to survive for Cleganebowl, which is what everything from series 1 has been leading up to. It's what Game of Thrones was made for.

Just on Jaime. I don’t think anyone actually knows the truth about what happened apart from Jaime and Brienne. It was always just presumed that Jaime betrayed him for no other reason than his father was on the other side.

I would’ve thought Bran might’ve said something considering he now knows everything.

Just on Jaime. I don’t think anyone actually knows the truth about what happened apart from Jaime and Brienne. It was always just presumed that Jaime betrayed him for no other reason than his father was on the other side.

I would’ve thought Bran might’ve said something considering he now knows everything.
Did Barristan Selmy not tell Dany about the plan to destroy the city at some point?

Did Barristan Selmy not tell Dany about the plan to destroy the city at some point?

I can only remember them talking about Rhaegar. About him singing to the peasants in Kings Landing and all that stuff.

Found the whole fireside chat, with the knighting of Brienne, amongst the most poignant moments the show has had. Surely massive foreshadowing for much of their fates next week, mind.

Amount of folk who have no problem with Ayra slitting people's throats, but don't like the fact she fancied an orgasm before dying is ridiculous [emoji23]

Like others, don't understand the berating Jaime took for killing the mad king. Particularly when Tyrion explained to Dany in Season 6 that he was going to burn everyone in Kings Landing with Wildfire.

Brienne being knighted was a lovely scene, the pride on her face at the end was fantastic. It definitely felt like a bit of padding went on for some characters, which hasn't happened in a long time and probably means a good few are for the off.

Watching it again and in the space of a minute Lyanna wishes Jorah good fortune, Sam gives him his family sword then tells him he'll see him when it's over.

They should just have lopped the poor buggers head off right there and then.

3 hours ago, untitled00 said:

Amount of folk who have no problem with Ayra slitting people's throats, but don't like the fact she fancied an orgasm before dying is ridiculous emoji23.png

I made the mistake of joining a GoT group on a certain well known social media site prior to watching this week's episode. I had to un-join today because I simply couldn't handle the number of threads started by people having meltdowns over this. We've had 8 years of sexual violence, incest, genital mutilation and rapes, including Cersei being forcibly violated by her brother next to the corpse of her son. Yet people are losing their shit because Arya had consensual sex the night before she's quite likely to die. 

The character is an adult woman. She's played by an adult woman. But apparently she should die a virgin because she 'used to be' a child. 

Edited by Shotgun

7 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Agree it'd be unlikely if those in the Stark crypt came back to life,  but it'd  be great if they did, especially if they fought against the WW (due to some Bran shenanigans or magic, Melisandre?). Remember Uncle Benjen?

Benjen came about thanks to the Children of the Forest.

The corpses wont play a part, the Night King cant meld skeletal bones back together, otherwise he'd have virtually everyone whos died in the last 3000 years in his army. Burn the flesh away, leave bones and dust, and he cant "recruit" you.

7 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Does anyone think the Night King will speak before he’s struck down?

Very enjoyable reading through everyone’s theories. Who knows what the fucks going to happen. It’s going to be one hell of a ride.

The Night King wont speak, it would ruin the character. 

Girlfriend summed it up. Episode 1 was everyone saying hello, episode 2 was everyone saying goodbye. Cant see the Night King falling for this daft trap to get him alone, itll be brutal if after 8 seasons of building him up hes offed by Ayra sneaking up on him.

How thick is Jon Snow?  Spends two seasons running around getting everybody that can hold a spear to stand with him against the Night King and then, on the eve of battle, he gives his strongest ally a really good reason to f**k him over