The Hobbit

Musketeer Gripweed

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're right, my spelling is bad.

But almost all of the "early" stories are tragedies, didn't stop Shakespeare

Yeah but Hollywood has the unrelenting desire to make every blockbuster "happy clappy", so they'd no doubt either change the story or try and brighten it up

Even the witch kings story would be pretty fucking brilliant to see adapted into a movie.

The Witch Kings story? Not much is known about what he does outwith the numerous battles and wars he's involved in, so it would be a movie filled with battles. Not necessarily a bad thing, but again they'd end up adding parts in and diluting it all. Some stories, his especially, are perhaps more interesting in literature than they would be in film

Yeah but Hollywood has the unrelenting desire to make every blockbuster "happy clappy", so they'd no doubt either change the story or try and brighten it up

The Witch Kings story? Not much is known about what he does outwith the numerous battles and wars he's involved in, so it would be a movie filled with battles. Not necessarily a bad thing, but again they'd end up adding parts in and diluting it all. Some stories, his especially, are perhaps more interesting in literature than they would be in film

Good point.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not going for another week or so, despise watching films I'm interested in with a large audience. If anyone applauds I silently murder them in my mind. With fire

I'm a massive fan of LOTR, and I love the hobbit book, but the first film wasn't very good. I've not watched it since the cinema. The reviews are sounding positive for part 2, so fingers crossed.

I'm a massive fan of LOTR, and I love the hobbit book, but the first film wasn't very good. I've not watched it since the cinema. The reviews are sounding positive for part 2, so fingers crossed.

I'm with you mate, I'm a huge Tolkien fan, read LOTR 11 times over the years and The Hobbit about 4 or 5. I thought Jackson took a massive shit on The Hobbit part 1, I'm not hopeful for part deux but I'll be going on monday (or more likely tuesday, I've got a big piss up on sunday night) anyway. I can understand it being a 2 parter but he's taking the piss with 3, its been padded out with his own interpretations. Considering he stuck to LOTR as closely as he could, he's ripping us off for an extra film with this 'franchise'.

If they were going to do more Tolkien films I was looking forward to 'The scourging of the Shire' but seeing as how Sharkey got his at Orthanc I realised it wasn't going to happen. Would love to see some more stuff on the big (or small) screen.

...and better than the first film

To be fair, that's not saying much. Despite the pretty good reception part 2 has had, I think part 1 has permanently put me off the trilogy. Unlikely I'll be watching.

Archived