Mario Bib-lotelli

Div

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So am I wrong in saying that the Italian style of football tends to be a slower less direct way of playing compared to the English style of play?

You are wrong in saying it if you have never seen Serie A, and you are similarly wrong to attach it to all Italian teams.

Supras, your performance on this thread has been cringe-worthy.

Got any specific examples?

No? This just a further attempt to cement your place as this sites worst poster?

But he does know that Mancini is well thought of within man city despite having no evidence whatsoever to base this on, other than the fact they gave him a shotload of money to spend.

Blatantly untrue.

The quality of debate on this thread has greatly dipped, I blame myself for giving the above the time of day.

So u have not stated numerous times that he is well thought of within man city?

So if Mancini is as u say a good tactician can you explain why since Christmas have they dropped points against teams that are no where near top 6 in the premier league?

[quote name='Supras' timestamp='1334081130' post='6128336'}

Got any specific examples?

No? Just another attempt to cement your place as this sites worst poster.

{/quote}

There's no doubt he has outstanding potential and can certainly emulate Zidane who had achieved nothing when he was Balotellis age - or for years after. You'll struggle to find a more naturally gifted 21 year old than Mario, he really is a superb talent.

100% spot on.

Both of them will be at City next season, I'm almost certain of it.

They are both too good to get rid of.

RvP did nothing in the game, he was totally ineffectual. And citing an offside goal as good play - laugh.gif

As I've said, he was Citys primary attacking threat with driving runs and winning free kicks in dangerous position. RvP went missing, just like he was in both games against Milan - even when he scored in the second with a penalty he was piss poor.

What antics on the pitch prior to this game contributed to their "collapse"? He was sent off at a completely meaningless part of the game.

As I said, there is very little chance Balotelli will leave City. He's just too good.

He'll come back next season stronger and a better player and it will be a joy to behold. Man City would be insane to get rid of him.

Er, I've already answered that question wacko.gif

You've totally lost it here, maybe you should report to the moderators again,.

But he scored an offside goal!!111 Really stupid going offside in the first place, it's the kind of naivety you'd expect from Walcott - who was also less effective than Balotelli in the game.

I highly doubt Mancini will be sacked.

And Mourinho repeatedly slated him in the press, but he was so good he still played him in crucial Serie A games including his last league game.

Mourinho hated him but STILL played him. Says it all really.

I did answer the question and it's no surprise you didn't see the runs, you probably didn't even watch the game. Particularly against Santos, totally done him and won a free kick on the byline just outside the penalty box.

He DID have a better game than most of the players on the pitch, and certainly those in the City attack. If truth is cringeworthy then fine.

Yeah Song probably was the best player on the pitch.

Okay, so I've found a quiz that puts together rumours and true stories and Balotelli has himself admitted most of the stories about him have been made up but that isn't good enough for you?

I'm pretty sure this was bullshit:

http://www.thesun.co...to-a-tramp.html

The Italian press hated him more than the English press and the fans regularly racially abused him.

It took you that long to come up with that reply?

Still the best goals to minutes ratio than any player who has played over 1000 minutes.

No bad.

Fine, it's not definitive, and you're entirely entitled to think RvP was better. I disagree though.

And yes, Balotelli has probably been Man Citys best attacker this calender year. Dzeko won't make it I don't think.

Just in the last 3 pages.

So u have not stated numerous times that he is well thought of within man city?

So if Mancini is as u say a good tactician can you explain why since Christmas have they dropped points against teams that are no where near top 6 in the premier league?

And I've had to, bizarrely, deny that I insider knowledge - something I never even attempted to claim.

And it's a statement that I have quantified several times and has appeared in the press. Is this some kind of deflection from your own utterly ludicrous statement:

"I don't watch Italian football...these tactics work in Italian football".

Not everything is down to tactics, the fact you think it is says it all really.

Just in the last 3 pages.

I have no issue with any of my posts there but if you find them cringeworthy then fine, I don't care and neither does anyone else.

If you ever think of anything relevant or worthwhile to contribute then great, I highly doubt it though.

• 1 month later...

Yep, he changed the game and won them the title.

Feel totally vindicated - almost no chance he won't be there next season. Along with Mancini of course - another thing I predicted long in advance.

Yeah fair enough he played a part in both goals but let's be honest it was against a shite qpr team with ten men who were dead on their feet.

Fair play to him and city for winning the league but they should be pissin on teams like qpr not relying on last minute goals.

With the funds at their disposal city should have won that league comfortably against what is probably the worst united side in years.

City now need to build on this and prove they can do it over a sustained period of time at home and in Europe to be considered a major force in world football.

And feel they need a few players before they can seriously compete in champions league to many average players in their squad.

Yep, he changed the game and won them the title.

Feel totally vindicated - almost no chance he won't be there next season. Along with Mancini of course - another thing I predicted long in advance.

To be fair I think a number of those saying Mancini would be gone were saying he would go if City failed to win the EPL.

We`ll never know now from that regard.

Yeah fair enough he played a part in both goals but let's be honest it was against a shite qpr team with ten men who were dead on their feet.

Fair play to him and city for winning the league but they should be pissin on teams like qpr not relying on last minute goals.

With the funds at their disposal city should have won that league comfortably against what is probably the worst united side in years.

City now need to build on this and prove they can do it over a sustained period of time at home and in Europe to be considered a major force in world football.

And feel they need a few players before they can seriously compete in champions league to many average players in their squad.

Erm, they should have been beating them yes but Aguero and Tevez were playing pish. In fact the whole team was a bit pish until Balotelli came on and he was really positive, think he got at least 3 shots on target in such a short space of time!

He made a massive differenece because he is such a talented player. Fair play for winding up Barton too, Hart exposed himself as a complete c**t for running over and having a go at Balotelli. Don't think Mario will be worried, he'll have a far longer career at City than Hart.

To be fair I think a number of those saying Mancini would be gone were saying he would go if City failed to win the EPL.

We`ll never know now from that regard.

FWIW, I think I would have been right either way tongue.gif

Don't think Mario will be worried, he'll have a far longer career at City than Hart.

I would be genuinely surprised if this happened.

I would be genuinely surprised if this happened.

Prepare to be surprised.

Can't see Mancini sticking with Hart for much longer, particularly if he was throwing them in like he was at the start of the season. Let them down massively against Napoli.

Balotelli? Well, he's just too good to sell really. If Man City want to reach the top they need more talented players like him and less best of Mid table guys like Johnson, Milner and Barry (although the last one had a good season tbf).

Archived