Mario Bib-lotelli

Div

Potential to be the best player in the world - I said this on this site about 3 years ago but can't find it to quote it laugh.gif

I stand by that prediction, but he's not gonna fulfil that potential until he gets a club to settle down at, AC Milan will probably certainly be his destination and i think he'd do well over there. Only worry is how he would get on with Zlatan and Cassano, but then again he might actually progress better if he's not the "main nutter" in the squad

Also i get a feeling Nasri will end up at Real Madrid, no idea why

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's not as if Fergie got Man Utd second in his second season.

That's funny... I don't remember Ferguson having the highest transfer budget and wage bill in world football in his second season.

That's funny... I don't remember Ferguson having the highest transfer budget and wage bill in world football in his second season.

Do Man City have the highest wage bill in world football?

I take it you think that is the only factor that affects success?

It's not the same situation, I know, but it's not as if Man City have been utterly dreadful this season. It isn't a case of just hire, say, Guus Hiddink and you will win everything purely because you have a high wage budget. At this stage they need stability and progression, the chopping and changing of Chelsea didn't work and Man City recognise this.

If he had finished 5th it would be a different story but 2nd? An improvement on last year? They'd be crazy to get rid of him I don't think anyone else could, and would want to, do a better job. Mourinho wouldn't take the job and I don't think City fancy his huge baggage and short termism.

Who else could feasibly do better? Answers on a postcard.

And he comes from the old school Italain management, you don't survive there unless you are tactically very astute. And, as I've mentioned, he's an excellent politician which is far more important than most people give it credit for. He can balance the differing actors and expectations at the club, Mourinho picks fights with the non playing staff there before him and AVB fought the players. Dignified people like Mancini and Ancelotti how to manage this.

Also there is no doubt Ferguson performed below expecations for many years. No matter what metric you use.

Do Man City have the highest wage bill in world football?

Almost certainly, yes.

I take it you think that is the only factor that affects success?

It is by far the most important factor.

This is a very weak Premiership, by its own very high standards. And it's not a great Man Utd side, the peerless Rooney excepted. Mancini has failed dismally to win it, despite being in the box seat only a few weeks ago. It's been a spectacular collapse.

I would argue that Mancini is not very tactically astute at all. I think his team have been completely found out and he has done nothing to adapt the way they play.

Since christmas city have dropped points against the likes of Swansea, Sunderland, everton, west brom and stoke.

Of those games I have seen the opposition have set up with two lines of 4 and city haven't been able to break them down. They play with no pace, no width its all slow build up and in a lot of those games they have never looked like breaking the team down.

If Mancini was as tactically astute as u say surely he would change the way they play but he hasn't done that.

Let's be honest a team with city's quality should beat everyone one of those sides listed above.

And again he is so astute he Admitted he thought everton would be a walk over. They are probably one of the most difficult away games in the league.

Almost certainly, yes.

It is by far the most important factor.

This is a very weak Premiership, by its own very high standards. And it's not a great Man Utd side, the peerless Rooney excepted. Mancini has failed dismally to win it, despite being in the box seat only a few weeks ago. It's been a spectacular collapse.

Back to making completely unsubstantiated statements already?

So what? Most important factor doesn't mean only factor, and your complete unwillingness to provide anyone who would do better in the circumstances speaks volume. This is an astonishingly weak post, really.

I would argue that Mancini is not very tactically astute at all. I think his team have been completely found out and he has done nothing to adapt the way they play.

Do you not think this would have been exposed in Italy when tactics are pretty much the only thing they talk about?

Do you not think this would have been exposed in Italy when tactics are pretty much the only thing they talk about?

I may have said this before but perhaps foreign managers arrive in the Premiership and think too much about tactics.

I know, I know. For a tactical geek like me, that is heresy but I think there could be something worth examining there.

This stemmed from the likes of Benitez arriving from a highly successful Valencia side were he beat both Barca and Madrid yet he stumbled around away grounds in England, taking a few beatings in the process. He would set his side up fairly cautiously and perhaps expect more of a tacitcal battle whereas the opposition would resort to a more physical style approach which he was unable to counter.

It perhaps explains why he could take a pretty crap Liverpool side all the way to winning the Champions League whilst finishing 8th (I think) in the Premier League. The performance of Liverpool away to Juventus in that Champions League was fantastic. A clear tactical victory for Benitez switching the back 4 to a back 3 and swamping the central area where Juve were strong.

Don't watch Italian football have no interest in it.

I feel that the problem with man city is that they are not very direct it's all slow build up play to try to get through teams which yes might work in Italy. But in this country a direct winger who can inject pace into the game by gettin down the line and gettin a cross in can be far more effective

Hence the success man united have had this season with nani, Valencia and young.

Back to making completely unsubstantiated statements already?

Who do you think has a higher wage bill than Man City? Be specific.

It's known that their wage bill is the highest in the Premiership. Only Real Madrid could possibly compete with in in world terms.

He has the highest wage bill in the league and has failed miserably with it. Absolutely miserably. His side is awful to watch and their results have been dire for weeks now.

So what? Most important factor doesn't mean only factor,

Err, where did I say it was the only factor?

Don't watch Italian football have no interest in it.

I feel that the problem with man city is that they are not very direct it's all slow build up play to try to get through teams which yes might work in Italy. But in this country a direct winger who can inject pace into the game by gettin down the line and gettin a cross in can be far more effective

Hence the success man united have had this season with nani, Valencia and young.

So you are making comments on Italian football despite never watching it?

Interesting.

Who do you think has a higher wage bill than Man City? Be specific.

It's known that their wage bill is the highest in the Premiership. Only Real Madrid could possibly compete with in in world terms.

He has the highest wage bill in the league and has failed miserably with it. Absolutely miserably. His side is awful to watch and their results have been dire for weeks now.

Err, where did I say it was the only factor?

Err, you are the one stating it numb nuts not me laugh.gif

Right, so now you are introducing doubt into your own statement. Fine, admit you got it wrong and we'll move on.

Finishing second is not failing miserably and I'm still waiting on you naming a single candidate that would do better than him.

Erm, where did I say you said it was the only factor?

The quality of your posts have fallen off a cliff since you claimed to stop reading mine. That's causality right there.

He's only 21. He might be too spoilt to ever properly screw the nut, but he isn't as huffy as Anelka, who acted like a bairn into his late 20s, and he strikes me as a bit brighter/less of an arse than Ibrahimovic. City should hang onto him.

You are one to talk about how someone formulates opinions on something.

Was it not yourself who once stated that one of the key weaknesses in David beckhams game was his work ethic and this was based on one game you seen him okay for England when he was well into his 30's.

Despite the fact that he was widely known by everyone who had any idea about football for how hard he worked not only during games but also in training.

So i would say its interesting how u formulate ur options.

I don't need to watch italian football to know that some Italian sides tend to play at a slower pace with more emphasis on short passing build up play instead of using fast direct wingers.

So you just invented it out of thin air then?

You are one to talk about how someone formulates opinions on something.

Was it not yourself who once stated that one of the key weaknesses in David beckhams game was his work ethic and this was based on one game you seen him okay for England when he was well into his 30's.

Despite the fact that he was widely known by everyone who had any idea about football for how hard he worked not only during games but also in training.

So i would say its interesting how u formulate ur options.

What did it happen, like, 4 years ago now? Yet you think its relevant?

Answer the question posed as it was you who made a sweeping statement, based on no knowledge, today on this very thread.

Attacking me will do you no good.

A sweeping statement?

Well I have watched plenty of games in European competition involving Italian sides and also the Italian national side to know they style of play that Italian sides usually adopt

I don't have to watch Italian football to know that.

And I believe you said recently that Mancini is well thought of at man city that's a sweeping statement if ever I heard one as how would you have any idea of what city owners think

And don't slaver your pish about if they didn't rate him why would they give him so much mone to spend. . As that was months ago and opinions in football can change greatly over the course of a season.

So unless u have discussed it with city's owners in the last three or four weeks I would suggest u are talking total pish.

A sweeping statement?

Well I have watched plenty of games in European competition involving Italian sides and also the Italian national side to know they style of play that Italian sides usually adopt

I don't have to watch Italian football to know that.

Plenty of games? When? How recent were they? Are you aware this will only be a small number of teams?

And I believe you said recently that Mancini is well thought of at man city that's a sweeping statement if ever I heard one as how would you have any idea of what city owners think

And don't slaver your pish about if they didn't rate him why would they give him so much mone to spend. . As that was months ago and opinions in football can change greatly over the course of a season.

So unless u have discussed it with city's owners in the last three or four weeks I would suggest u are talking total pish.

A statement I quantified, but we'll see in time. I'm pretty certain he will be there next season and I will be vindicated.

I've never seen La Liga but I think all their teams play hoofball. No reason.

Archived