Mario Bib-lotelli

Div

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

TBH I don't really see that much wrong with what Balotelli did. Kolorov had already hit at least two and only hit the target with one that went straight to the goalie.

Usually I don't mind Hansen, but the way he talks about Balotelli is absolutely despicable, he never gives him credit and only focuses on the negatives. I didn't see them going on about Wayne Rooney's antics when he was shagging grannies and prostitutes and "being a distraction" all while he was scoring.

They also failed to mention the fact that he broke up Dzeko and Bardsley's fight. I'd much rather my players had a little spat amongst themselves than started fighting with the opposition as it's much harder to get sent off/booked for fighting with team-mates.

Also, despite mentioning the fact that Johnson and Hennessey had a fight, they never mentioned the fact that he is the captain of Wolves.

Yeah, there's definitely a lot of people taking easy shots at Balotelli because he's a bit of a fuckwit and some of it's deserved but it's a bit too focused IMO. I don't think he gets enough praise from the media considering he's scored 27 in 55 for Man City(that's just off Wikipedia so I don't know how many subs but I'm betting a decent amount of those are off the bench). That's a cracking return for a 21 year old who's one of four top strikers at a club.

Did you know? Balotelli has scored a goal every 94 minutes this season, the best rate in the Premier League for all players who have played at least 1000 minutes.

Thanks Garth. Pissing all over RvP and Rooney in the goals to minutes stakes.

Fabulous player.

Did you know? Balotelli has scored a goal every 94 minutes this season, the best rate in the Premier League for all players who have played at least 1000 minutes.

Thanks Garth. Pissing all over RvP and Rooney in the goals to minutes stakes.

Fabulous player.

Hmm, I've done a bit of digging and those stats just don't add up. I suspect that what Crooks has done has went onto IMScouting and gotten them to do all the work for them. This has Mario Balotelli playing 1,221 minutes and scoring 13 goals, an average of one goal every 93.92 minutes.

Because I'm bored this afternoon, first day of the Easter holidays and that, I've went through each Premier league game Balotelli's played in and how many minutes he featured in (according to Soccerbase):

10th September - Wigan, 18 minutes

24th September - Everton, 30 minutes

1st October - Blackburn, 88 minutes

15th October - Aston Villa, 90 minutes

23rd October - Man Utd, 70 minutes

29th October - Wolves, 19 minutes

5th November - QPR, 15 minutes

19th November - Newcastle, 69 minutes

27th November - Liverpool, 83 minutes

12th December - Chelsea, 90 minutes

18th December - Arsenal, 72 minutes

21st December - Stoke, 68 minutes

26th December - West Brom, 90 minutes

22nd January - Spurs, 25 minutes

25th February - Blackburn, 79 minutes

3rd March - Bolton, 90 minutes

11th March - Swansea, 90 minutes

21st March - Chelsea, 45 minutes

24th March - Stoke, 90 minutes

31st March - Sunderland, 90 minutes

I make that a total of 1,329 minutes and not the 1,221 minutes that IMScouting claim, taking his goals-per-minute ratio to one goal every 102.23 minutes. This would actually put him behind Van Persie - although I accept that IMScouting may have made the same minutes error for Van Persie. A couple of things to note are that this doesn't take into account injury time, which can typically add 1-4 minutes onto each match in which a player makes it to half-time or full-time, and that Balotelli has scored three penalties to Van Persie's one.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I like Balotelli and it's a decent stat, but claiming he's pissing all over Van Persie and Rooney is a bit wide of the mark.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I like Balotelli and it's a decent stat, but claiming he's pissing all over Van Persie and Rooney is a bit wide of the mark.

Well, he is beating them though in the opinion of BBC expert Garth Crooks.

I'm not really going to check any of your figures though, you might have got it wrong but, equally, so might they.

Archived