Annoying things people write on Facebook

Geedub-MFC

GqkxJm7.png

☑ Asking unnecessary questions which you'd find the answer to in less than 20 seconds by using Google.

☑ Sharing unnecessary details about your life which nobody gives a f**k about.

☑ Posting on your partner's status when you're probably sitting in the same room together.

This is up there with the worst sort of shite on Facebook.

A shitey story about a teenager from Possilpark getting rejected from medical schools despite getting "the minimum requirements necessary" to get in and nothing more, then blaming her background as the reason she was rejected. This would be bad enough but then some stupid twat in the comments comes out with:

"Doesn't mean if you get higher grades you'll be clever in the long-term everyone one should be given a chance no matter where your from."

Yeah, so how on earth should universities discriminate between applicants then? Or should literally every single person who applies get a chance, in the off chance that they'll be smart "in the long term" despite getting 2 C's at higher level?

A shitey story about a teenager from Possilpark getting rejected from medical schools despite getting "the minimum requirements necessary" to get in and nothing more, then blaming her background as the reason she was rejected. This would be bad enough but then some stupid twat in the comments comes out with:

"Doesn't mean if you get higher grades you'll be clever in the long-term everyone one should be given a chance no matter where your from."

Yeah, so how on earth should universities discriminate between applicants then? Or should literally every single person who applies get a chance, in the off chance that they'll be smart "in the long term" despite getting 2 C's at higher level?

Considering there are plenty of folk in medical schools from 'disadvantaged backgrounds' (widening access) then that's obviously a load of pish.

Having seen applications first hand, simply having 'the minimum requirements necessary' will have you nowhere near getting accepted. The folk invited to interviews are doing loads of things like shadowing GPs, loads of volunteering, have pretty much straight As etc.

I assumed this was the Faslane whistleblower but the guy's got a different second name. Either way, he looks and sounds as if he's lost the fucking plot:

http://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153362392441584&id=768736583&set=a.466928516583.263229.768736583&source=48

Incredible. Sounds like Jack Reacher.

Considering there are plenty of folk in medical schools from 'disadvantaged backgrounds' (widening access) then that's obviously a load of pish.

Having seen applications first hand, simply having 'the minimum requirements necessary' will have you nowhere near getting accepted. The folk invited to interviews are doing loads of things like shadowing GPs, loads of volunteering, have pretty much straight As etc.

Yep it was the biggest load of sob story shite I've read in a while. Someone who didn't deserve to get in but tried to make it out to be discrimination, c**t.

I assumed this was the Faslane whistleblower but the guy's got a different second name. Either way, he looks and sounds as if he's lost the fucking plot:

http://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153362392441584&id=768736583&set=a.466928516583.263229.768736583&source=48

This guy is either completely insane or, well, no he's hust completely insane. His own family are commenting asking him what is going on. :lol:

This guy is either completely insane or, well, no he's hust completely insane. His own family are commenting asking him what is going on. :lol:

"Sorry for the topless pic but I can't reveal my clothes"

:huh:

1. "If you can't handle me at my worst then you don't deserve me at my best" by women, while posting endless picture-sentiments that detail the enormous shopping list of positive qualities any potential boyfriend must have.

2. Stuff about immigrants.

3. Response-baiting attention-seeking stuff like :(, "Sigh", "f**k my life" and such.

4. Blinkered and half-truth party political nonsense, usually from SNP supporters these days.

5. Half-hourly updates on what someone is doing, where they are, etc.

Sine lassie was sharing this and I thought I'd enter the reg number of the van on Eurocarparts.com to see if it actually existed. Turns out it doesn't. No doubt I'll get a response saying that it'll be on fake plates.

post-30743-14321080852431_thumb.jpgpost-30743-14321080960031_thumb.jpg

In fairness, there might be reasons why someone from Possil has less opportunity to do all sorts of unpaid work or gain experiences.

It depends upon individual circumstances I suppose, but if someone from a deprived area achieves 5 As it's probably more impressive than someone from a privileged area getting 5 As and then going to Kenya to help give out plasters and climb Mt Kilimanjaro, or shadowing Uncle Doctor. I also think that certain schools will be more likely than others to provide information on these requirements and will be more likely to give pupils support on how to go about getting the type of experience medical schools will be looking for.

Edited by The OP

In fairness, there might be reasons why someone from Possil has less opportunity to do all sorts of unpaid work or gain experiences.

It depends upon individual circumstances I suppose, but if someone from a deprived area achieves 5 As it's probably more impressive than someone from a privileged area getting 5 As and then going to Kenya to help give out plasters and climb Mt Kilimanjaro, or shadowing Uncle Doctor. I also think that certain schools will be more likely than others to provide information on these requirements and will be more likely to give pupils support on how to go about getting the type of experience medical schools will be looking for.

Possibly, but I've seen applications from students from more deprived backgrounds who have managed to do plenty of extra things to support their application. Ultimately it's up to the student to find out how to do these things and do them.