Doctor Who

yoda

With McGann  counted as a Doctor after only doing the TV movie it got me wondering why Peter Cushing is not counted as a Doctor with his two movies ?

And aslo are there any other Doctors that have falling down the back of the couch.

and as an aside I have been whatching Rebus on the STV player the episode dated Sep 15 2006 has Karen Gillan in it.

as a school girl who is wan*ing a 60 year old.

Cushings' doctor isnt counted because he isnt a time lord in the movie iirc. He's a human.

Ohhhh that was good, sets us up nicely for next Saturday. Which is all my day will consist of, as I'm be a hungover mess. Literally cannot wait any more to see it, the build ups been dragged out for ages.

"Four minutes? That's ages! What happens if I get bored?"

I also felt reminded by Paul McGann just how well Moffat can write for other Doctors with some one liners, like with Tennant and the blink episode.

"No, no. No no no. Don't get up. Time travel without a capsule. Nasty. Catch your breath, don't go swimming for half an hour."

"Tracked you down with this. This is my Timey-Wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff. Also, it can boil an egg at thirty paces. Whether you want it to or not, actually. So I've learned to stay away from hens. It's not pretty when they blow"

"Listen, gotta dash. Things. Happening. Well, four things. Well, four things and a lizard"

Excellent mini episode. Makes you realise what we have missed out on not having mcgann doing a full series on tv.

My only complaint is why arent these things also released on tv?

Sure it was in the papers that there is to be a Red button mini show on just before the main episode. Reckon that is what will be shown so as to help fill in a few blanks.

With McGann counted as a Doctor after only doing the TV movie it got me wondering why Peter Cushing is not counted as a Doctor with his two movies ?

And aslo are there any other Doctors that have falling down the back of the couch?

Trevor Martin played an alternative 4th Doctor for a while on stage (Doctor Who and the Daleks and the seven keys to Doomsday) at the end of Pertwee's era.

On TV - the Watcher, the Valeyard, the DreamLord are the only others.

As for the mini episode - nice to see what could have been from McGann. Maybe a few specials if the production team find themselves bored?

Edited by AyrshireTon

So what's the length of the special? I'm assuming it's an hour or so.

I love the way both doctors stare at each other too :lol

75 minutes I think

Trailer looked really good, can't wait for next Saturday

Edited by hoopy1967

75 minutes I think

Trailer looked really good, can't wait for next Saturday

Yeah I think it's 7 45 - 9.05.

Then, straight after it on BBC3 is the Doctor Who Afterparty, which, judging by the sound of the title and the fact that it's on BBC3, sounds fucking atrocious, but I'll watch it anyway.

Cushings' doctor isnt counted because he isnt a time lord in the movie iirc. He's a human.

Cushing's films were also re-hashes of TV episodes. Oh, and they were diabolically bad.

Think I remember reading something that the "Hand" Doctor, who pissed of with Rose and was human was RTD's attempt to bring the Cushing Doctor into the Official Whoniverse, the idea being that the "Hand" Doctor was basically human (one heart remember), who has his own Tardis, grows old and eventually turns into Peter Cushing as he gets older - with a Human Granddaughter in tow!!!

Yeah I think it's 7 45 - 9.05.

Then, straight after it on BBC3 is the Doctor Who Afterparty, which, judging by the sound of the title and the fact that it's on BBC3, sounds fucking atrocious, but I'll watch it anyway.

Sounds like it'll just be talking to the actors in a room filled with teenagers who just stand there awkwardly listening in. Think I'll pass

Edited by RandomGuy.

Sounds like it'll just be talking to the actors in a room filled with teenagers who just stand there awkwardly listening in. Think I'll pass

It'll be pish, as all those kind of shows are

The fact one direction are confirmed to be on it provides evidence that it will be pish.

Currently watching the end of time, tennant's final episode, forgot how annoyed I was the timelords weren't focused on more.

After seeing the End of Time again this morning I've got a tiny suspicion

That the Master might be involved next week. Probably not though because if it were to happen they couldn't have kept it a secret for this long. And there's nothing in the trailer :( Be good if he was though