Mafia Watering Hole

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My plan for my game.

3 teams:-

x Amount of mafia

x Amount of village

1 Zombie the zombie picks one person to bite and they become a zombie, But they do not know who bit them or any of the other zombies.

This bit I need some help with as to stop the game being over in a matter of 2 days or something I need to limit the zombies that can bite I have 2 ways in mind:-

Method 1 - Only the player who has just been bitten can bite another player this round. e.g. Stewbo bites Forehead, But only forehead can go on and bite someone else that round but he would not know it was Stewbo who has bit him and Stewbo would not know the results of who Forehead goes on to bite.

Method 2 - All zombies submit a bite target and one is chosen at random.

Mafia would still have kill powers, Doctors and other roles would still exist, Masons would not. Some characters would have powers. Village lynches would still take place.

So technically it would be 3 teams competing. Team Village, Team Mafia, Team Zombie.

IN! When is it?

My plan for my game.

3 teams:-

x Amount of mafia

x Amount of village

1 Zombie the zombie picks one person to bite and they become a zombie, But they do not know who bit them or any of the other zombies.

This bit I need some help with as to stop the game being over in a matter of 2 days or something I need to limit the zombies that can bite I have 2 ways in mind:-

Method 1 - Only the player who has just been bitten can bite another player this round. e.g. Stewbo bites Forehead, But only forehead can go on and bite someone else that round but he would not know it was Stewbo who has bit him and Stewbo would not know the results of who Forehead goes on to bite.

Method 2 - All zombies submit a bite target and one is chosen at random.

Mafia would still have kill powers, Doctors and other roles would still exist, Masons would not. Some characters would have powers. Village lynches would still take place.

So technically it would be 3 teams competing. Team Village, Team Mafia, Team Zombie.

Glad you didn't disappoint in my expectations. When you first suggested it i hoped it'd be like this.

I dont really mind it but for this particular game i think its best not to because of the limited number of characters. Most of them will be used and so probably not enough for cover roles

Do people actually like role revealing ? As I can put it in either way.

Depends who you mean, do you mean you revealing the roles or do you mean the players being allowed to claim? I much, much prefer the latter as it adds more to the game.

No. Takes away majority of the game for me. It's all about sussing people out. Bluffs and double bluffs. People coming out and saying "im such and such" ruins it.

If there's no role claiming then there's no bluffs or double bluffs as you can't say anything about it. If Scotty's game is just going to have basic sets (doctor, investigator, masons and mafia) then there will be a bunch of plain old civilians so the mafia can easily claim them. You still need to suss the mafia out of the claimed civilians. The doctor/investigator/masons are going to outright claim unless they want to be killed by the mafia so the game is still about sussing out the liars.

I dont really mind it but for this particular game i think its best not to because of the limited number of characters. Most of them will be used and so probably not enough for cover roles

It depends how far he's going with it. The comics has a tonne of characters at this point in the tv show(the prison) that only appear in the comics whereas T-Dawg and Daryl are the only two in the tv show who aren't in the comics.

All the characters don't have to be alive at the same time so there's easily 30+ characters to choose from who've appeared up until they reach the prison.

If there's no role claiming then there's no bluffs or double bluffs as you can't say anything about it. If Scotty's game is just going to have basic sets (doctor, investigator, masons and mafia) then there will be a bunch of plain old civilians so the mafia can easily claim them. You still need to suss the mafia out of the claimed civilians. The doctor/investigator/masons are going to outright claim unless they want to be killed by the mafia so the game is still about sussing out the liars.

I like the "Im a civilian" bluffs. Those are harmless. The "i'm Character X" one's are utterly pish.

Also, if i was playing, which i'm not, i'd only sign up on condition that no spoilers from the TV show are revealed. I.E. Characters who haven't appeared yet.

Sounds like it'll be good game, i look forward to reading it when it's finished. smile.gif

I like the "Im a civilian" bluffs. Those are harmless. The "i'm Character X" one's are utterly pish.

Also, if i was playing, which i'm not, i'd only sign up on condition that no spoilers from the TV show are revealed. I.E. Characters who haven't appeared yet.

Sounds like it'll be good game, i look forward to reading it when it's finished. smile.gif

Well, in games where role revealing is allowed, you can't have all the characters with the roles posted beforehand. (the most you can give is a few specific roles like doctor/investigator and have a bunch of civilians). So the mafia/roles can safeclaim civilian. You obviously can't give out characters as the mafia would be scuppered if characters were given out.

Well, unless Scotty Tunbridge is actually Robert Kirkman, he'll have no ideas who's going to appear in the tv show. I imagine this will start after Sunday so a certain mustached man will have appeared by then.

As I said, there's easily enough characters to give everyone a "clean" character up until the point where they get to prison in both shows. Hell, I'm sure there's enough just in the tv show to work with.

edit: I should just state, I am just arguing the side for my preference. I'm totally in either way.

Archived